PSA: Talis Sub-Weapon in a Multiweapon Configuration & Multilock PP Regeneration

When deployed using the Talis Weapon Action, the Talis Turret will regenerate your PP based on its current turret configuration:

• 3x WA does 1 PP per hit registered. (3 PP total for all 3 hits.) (Via Multilock)
  • 1x WA does 2 PP per hit registered.

Downside to Multilock:

The divided damage stays divided even if the multilock hits only two enemies. IE: If you normally do 10 damage with the normal WA, you will do 3 Damage with the multilock, no matter if it only hits two enemies.

You can use the non-multilock WA by moving while using the Talis WA.

Talis Turret stays deployed even switching away from a Talis in a multi-weapon configuration. You can even use another weapon's WA while deployed.

alt text

Is Tricky Capacitor worth it? What kinda damage does it deal?

@FoolsArcana said in PSA: Talis Sub-Weapon in a Multiweapon Configuration & Multilock PP Regeneration:

Is Tricky Capacitor worth it? What kinda damage does it deal?

Right now with this weapon:

alt text

I get anywhere from 20 to 54 damage per hit on Tricky Capacitor. The active skill hits about 4 times or so.

Is it possible to use Talis normal attacks with the main weapon being a rod? I'm thinking of doing a Talis/Rod. If Tricky Capacitor is worth the damage, then I can pick that up for additional damage. Ideally, I'ld like to run Talis Main, Rod Normals, Zonde, Rod Guard, Barta, Foie, Talis Turret. But I think I'm going to be locked into Talis normals, which isn't really gonna deter me from doing it. I mostly want to know if launching techs from the Talis without being deployed will do the same damage as a Rod. That's the ultimate deciding factor for me. And then I also have to wonder if losing the Rod normal damage is worth the 10% damage increase from main weapon. My Rod Normals +40 20% potency potential and augmented do around 160 no crit. My current Talis weapon at +12 no potential does 58 per normal.

Edit: Last sentence.

@FoolsArcana said in PSA: Talis Sub-Weapon in a Multiweapon Configuration & Multilock PP Regeneration:

Is it possible to use Talis normal attacks with the main weapon being a rod?

Yes. Put the normal attack for Talis on your sub-palette or palette:

alt text

I'm thinking of doing a Talis/Rod. If Tricky Capacitor is worth the damage, then I can pick that up for additional damage. Ideally, I'ld like to run Talis Main, Rod Normals, Zonde, Rod Guard, Barta, Foie, Talis Turret. But I think I'm going to be locked into Talis normals, which isn't really gonna deter me from doing it.

You basically will be using tricky capacitor as an oGCD after stocking it with a Talis PA/Talis Tech. You can gain Ticky Gauge by using Talis Techs. (Which is why I have the AoE Talis PA on my sub-palette left rod normal on key 5.

I mostly want to know if launching techs from the Talis without being deployed will do the same damage as a Rod. That's the ultimate deciding factor for me.

Charged/uncharged techs do basically the same damage on both weapons when on force. Since Talis and Rod are both force weapons. (For whatever reason, my rod does about 10 less damage regardless of charged/uncharged than Talis, even though Talis is sub.) (This might be because Techter is my main class, and Force is sub.)

And then I also have to wonder if losing the Rod normal damage is worth the 10% damage increase from main weapon. My Rod Normals +40 20% potency potential and augmented do around 160 no crit. My current Talis weapon at +12 no potential does 58 per normal.

The reason why Talis does less normal damage is because Talis has a slide normal when using talis during a dash (ground only.) When you use said slide dash attack, your talis normal will do double that of a rod normal basically. This is actually the same amount of damage as the same attack from a rod. (Also, because of the Turret, too.)

I wouldn't worry about normal attacks much. You will only use normals when gaining back PP basically.

@coldreactive Awesome, thank you for the in depth info! I hadn't considered putting the deploy PA's on my hotbar. And yeah, The Main weapon boost you get since Talis is also a main weapon of Techer is likely the cause there.