Graphics Settings: that big stutter moment in the forest UQ fight (spoilers)

Anyone with Ultra settings have the whole fight smooth as silk? I'm running Ryzen 7 3700X with RTX 3060Ti and the game recommends Ultra settings for me, so that's what I chose.

But in that forest UQ fight, when the boss sweeps the arena with his lazer beam, I always stutter. It's so bad that the boss would start the sweep, things would be fine for the first 30% of the arc, and as the arc is about to hit me, the game stutters and next thing I know the sweep is finished and I'm hit.

I've dropped my graphics settings down to Super, but I'm curious what you're all playing at to make that fight go smoothly.

From what i have seen and heard EVERYONE get hit with massive frame drops from that attack, and only that attack. I'm running a 1070 and i am 100% fine everywhere else in the game but the moment that lazer wall comes out Boom 3 frames otherwise im at a steady 75+.

Ah that's unfortunate...and fortunate also because now I can keep enjoying Ultra graphics everywhere...

Yah same here, as well as some general frame stutter I think when the game loads new stuff in. I don't have the strongest PC (i7-8700 GTX 1080), but the game put me at Ultra by default so I went with that, set clouds and shadows down a notch and most of the time its fine. Feel like it's a very similar issue to the PSO2 global lobby stutter we had for a while, except it's everywhere.

I play at ultra settings and max settings on an RTX 3070 and I get the framerate hit. The Character Creator Benchmark has a section when the dolls land on the surface and we see a high resolution closeup of them. That closeup always cut my framerate by 40 - 50% for that split second running at 4K resolution and maximum settings.

Being at ground-zero of big attacks means that the video card has to be able to process and generate all of that. Easily is a temporary frame rate hit that can get you killed considering those are also the time to get ready whatever you parry attacks with.

@CheekiestCarp0 said in Graphics Settings: that big stutter moment in the forest UQ fight (spoilers):

Being at ground-zero of big attacks means that the video card has to be able to process and generate all of that. Easily is a temporary frame hit that can get you killed considering how those are also the time to get ready whatever you parry attacks with

This. You can easily test this with the launcher PA that causes the vertical missle rain. If you stand in the middle of it and look directly at it, you'll suffer some FPS dips.

Thanks for sharing all the info! Hm. Maybe it's time to get an RTX-3080...

...oh wait. Nobody knows who has stock these days. lol