Cannot Rescue Dozer

I cannot complete the main story quest because my heals don't register, the boss attacks lag and stack, and I constantly die even at level 15 and 1187 Battle Power.

I cannot get to the proper areas to level up without completion of this quest.

Yeah the lag causes issues with this fight. What I did was equip ranger as sub class and kept pew pew from a distance. NPC's did all the frontal work for me.

I have Force/Ranger already, but the AoE from the boss doesn't create a safe distance.

Add in the requirements to stack elemental weakness, and you have an impossible mission.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Cannot Rescue Dozer:

I have Force/Ranger already, but the AoE from the boss doesn't create a safe distance.

Add in the requirements to stack elemental weakness, and you have an impossible mission.

I did it when the lag was roughly 15-30 second intervals. If a somewhat crummy player like myself can do it then I assume anyone can. Just have to keep your max distance from the boss. I often just did circles around the map until he dropped.

Why would I even want to clear "compelling storyline" in PSO2 NGS if the boss fight lags my health bar and healing to the point that it is so unenjoyable that I bashed my keyboard out of frustration? These servers are garbage and should never have been launched in the first place.

Other than me not having the foresight to upgrade my armor making me get onehit by everything, it wasn't that impossible. By the end I figured out how to move out of the way or counter all the attacks the dragon did. Is that too hard for something that gates basic content, though...? I think so, honestly.

Again, my armor was completely untouched (I was expecting to get to level 12 and then use the 4* armor), so maybe the damage is balanced - but the boss still has a lot of health. The thing takes a long while to kill, and my weapon actually was maxed (or as close to it as it could have reasonably been then - +40 primm with lv3 pot and full augments). Even while the boss spent half the duration of the fight in down states it still took a while (and yes, I knew reasonably well what I was doing, I was countering and I've seen dps frame data already). But... maybe that's just me remembering wrong, because I never actually checked how long the fight took. It definitely felt long, though.

As for your complaints, I don't really see the issue or don't understand what you mean for most of them. The heals not registering is definitely a big issue that makes it significantly harder (not for me though, because I was just getting oneshot instead), and they seriously need to address the server lag already. But the attacks didn't really lag to the point of being unfair like erasing boss tells or teleporting around (combat is clientside), and the only attack the boss stacked was those falling fireballs, which weren't that bad. I'm not sure what you mean by "the AoE from the boss doesn't create a safe distance" and "the requirements to stack elemental weakness" though.

What I find weird is that they were clearly aware that it was hard enough to warrant a checkpoint, but their implementation of one was incomplete. Retrying the quest on death will reset you to the start of the fight and not the start of the quest. And yet, if you leave or are kicked from the quest somehow, you still have to start from the beginning (despite this not being the case in PSO2).

The boss tells do lag. Monsters teleport and continue to deal damage in an invisible window while my character is still moving.

The damage I deal doesn't get calculated until the lag ends and I'm either dead or the boss finally registers the fact that it's HP is 0.

PSO2 NGS isn't a game. It doesn't function like one at all.

Btw, Retry does reset progress.

I don't know what to tell you. During my entire time playing regular PSO2 laggy connection (my fault) and NGS under laggy connection (servers' fault) it has never worked like that. The combat is client-sided and you cannot be hit by attacks that never happened on your client. Every time I have lagged and the server caught up to the boss attacking, it didn't catch up in the middle of an attack, it started the attack from the beginning, including the tell, for my client. As for teleporting, I can't quite remember whether or not I've seen it in PSO2, but I've yet to see it happen in NGS.

As an aside, complaining that you're taking damage during lag (outside of being unable to heal it off properly) is somewhat moot. The enemy isn't getting free damage on you, because the combat is client-sided. If you took damage when the server caught up, it means that you got hit from your perspective, not the server's. It's annoying, but not quite unfair.

I will believe you that the lag is actually causing what you are claiming it does to happen if you provide video evidence. Otherwise, it goes against how the game has always worked.

It's still mainly server side, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with my build or connection.

Until the servers are fixed, I want to be able to skip this quest requirement for entering the second level zones.

I did it as a force/fighter with little problem. If by "AoE" you mean the phase change explosion, you should try running away from it. It has an area that you can see clearer from further away and it doesn't hit you that far away.

Also, i don't know if you're aware, but if you are trying to attack while you press the heal button, nothing will happen. You need to stop attacking to heal (for some reason). Of course none of this helps if the lag is that bad, but maybe when (if?) it gets better.

Did it as level 13 Hunter with 1106 BP. While there was lag, it was just damage dealt and damage received being extremely delayed for me. The boss movement and attacks were shown normally and as long I block and counter properly there were very little risk of dying. As mentioned by other users, combat is client side.

I did have to redo the quest once because I got 630'd first run, but that was way before the dragon fight, still running around the forest.

It's still mainly server side, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with my build or connection.

Until the servers are fixed, I want to be able to skip this quest requirement for entering the second level zones.

No they are correct, being hit is 100% client sided. If you are dying at the end of lag spikes its because you are getting hit in the time frames no damage is being calculated. Just like how the game calculates all the damage you did after the lag spike is over to the enemies the same is done to you with any hits you taken.

I cleared that quest at lv11 on a fo/fi with nox weapon... Was dark soul like and yes it's not easy. (any atk will 1 hit me.)... but still do able.

I managed to beat the Bujin, but then the game gave me the white screen of death and now I have to start all over again.

I also had no issue with completing the quest. You get a CS for the phase transition and the first thing the boss does is that big blast. If you've already died to it, you know its coming, and as a force, you only need to block it once. So just spam Rod Guard. Personally I found the attack where he just spams fireballs at you 6 or so times or the head swipe that has that slightly forward motion to it far more annoying than any of the bosses big flashy kill moves. I had 78 defense from my units and the 10% buff from Shifta/Deband at the time of this quest, and even if I failed the guard, the blast didn't one shot me.