NGS is outdated and i cant recommend it to anyone

Hi hope everyones having a great day.

Today im writing on the forums to voice what i feel like is much needed critisism about the way ngs is monetised.

Just a little background on my pso2 history. I ended up quiting pso2 when i had realised that the monetisation was not very kind to anyone who wasnt a whale. But i still was very much looking forward to ngs because i felt it was an opportunity to correct this part of the game.

Now i completed all of the story parts so far in ngs and im around lvl 17.

Look ngs isnt a game from 2014. It was a game developed during a time where other game devs were reworking their monetization systems because they knew that they were harmful to the player experience (shadow of mordor as an exmp).

The reality is pso2 ngs is competing with games like ffxiv but if the monetisation keeps being the way it is ngs wont be successful and will probably die withing a year imo.

Character Customization

The salon system in ngs needs to change. You dont want me to be able to change my body type without paying then fine i can handle that.

But why cant i changed the clothes i already purchased without again paying sega to do so?

Ive already supported you when i purchased ac and then you ask for more to even use or change my clothes at any given time. And charging me to change the colors of the item i already purchased is also unacceptable. It feels like your trying to make money from every single inch of this game and it feels terrible as a player.

In mmo's like ffxiv i can change any item i want into a cosmetic, i dont have to pay for it, i dont have to pay to change its color. Again this game came out this year not 15 years ago. Charging me hand over fist for what would be basic customisation features in any other game feels terrible as a player.

Now i kmow what your probably thinking to yourself. "But ffxiv requires a sub to play it".

And to this i say, all you premium purchasers also have to pay out hand over fist for basic features so what is your premium purchase really getting you aside from a personal shop (dont wrry ill get there) and login bonuses? Your getting shafted just like i am.

Person Shop

In warframe (a free to play action mmo) i can trade as much as i want, i dont have to buy premium to do it.

As a free to play player why arent you allowed to use what is effectively a market board? In other mmo's the market isnt cornered off to currency purchases or premium purchases. You just get access to it regardless.

Locking off a portion of your playerbase from a key feature in your game doesnt provide incentive for people to buy premium, it just makes players want to quit.

Why should any player buy premium or support your game if before i even really get to interact with major systems im locked off from one?

It doesnt feel good to a player to not have access to a basic feature. This game wasnt released in 2005, its 2021.

Now i know your thinking to yourself "well if everyone gets premium then the bots will do (insert bad thing here)".

And to that i say, well the bots are here in game anyway so obviously cutting everyone off from the personal shop does nothing. If anything it incentivises bots. Regular players cant sell things to make meseta so buying from a bot is quicker and cost less $ than buying premium.

If you really want to get rid of bots give players more access to the market not less. Warframe doesnt have a bot problem because no one is locked off from trading. On the other hand pso2 has always had a bot problem and still has one even though locking away trading is supposed to be the solve.

I dont know about anyone else but it seems like locking the market away doesnt actually solve the bot problem. I wonder if theres another reason it would be locked away............see what i did there?

Trading

This one is kinda a no brainer.

If im playing with my friend who has terrible rng and cant get the only 4 star rod in the game why cant i give him the one i have?

The worst thing you can do to your community is cut them off from helping eachother. If you want more people to play together and to bring more people in then let them trade with one another from person to person directly.

If i spent 150 hours grinding for a god teir pair of daggers why cant i give it to my friend, its my item why cant i do what i want with it?

From a new player perspective not getting the item your grinding for just makes you mad and not want to play. It doesnt make me want to spend money on premium or go to the personal shop, IT MAKES ME WANT TO HARD CRASH MY GAME AND DELETE.

And again i know what your saying "well if you can trade with your friends then your friends will get op and skip the grind".

And to that i say, WHO ******* CARES?

Its my time and my item i should be able to do what i want with it. And also if my friend has to skip 200 hours a grind and can just get to fun parts a play with me then they would stick around more.

Heck they might even turn into a gacha whale and spend money. But not if they cant enjoy contnent with their friend and have to spend 200hrs grinding for items theyll use for 2 seconds.

Person to person trading is a basic feature in any other mmo. It doesnt break monetization in ffxiv, warframe, wow or any other mmo and it wont break it in ngs.

This game was made in 2021 not 1998.

Skill Trees

Im dont really have to say much here. Locking skill tree resets behind a paywall is stupid.

I dont care that they give out resets all the time. I dont want to hear that i should be looking up skill tree guides for a new game that came out a week ago.

Its basic feature is most other games in general, im not even talking in mmo's here im talking in general.

If i want to reset my skill tree in borderlands i just do it. If i want to reset my mods in warframe i just do it.

This game was made in 2021 not 2014.

Conclusion

I dont think im asking for alot.

Im not asking you to remove the ac scratch tickets (even though i think that ngs itself doesnt have enough character customization for you to be charging people for eyes or movement animations).

Im not asking you to take down the game and redo the whole things.

Im just asking for basic features that exist in every other game not be locked away and for you to stop hurting the player experience.

I really like the combat, i really like the story, i really like the ui and menues not being to cluttered.

But these locked away basic features are going to make me quit.

Why play ngs when i can go play a game that respects me as a player?

And im not the only one, i know pso2 vets who are extremely disappointed with these locked features and are going to quit if things dont change or improve.

And to all of your who are going to think "play another game".

Think for just 5 seconds, if every time someone has valid critisism you say "play another game" and they take you up on that what your ganna have is a dead game that gets shut down in a year.

Instead of telling people to go away and shut up how about you spend your time and energy trying to get this post noticed so that you have more people to play with and ngs takes the number 1 mmo slot.

Cause thats what you want right? You want ngs to be succesful right? Well thats not ganna happen if you just tell people to go away.

This game was released in 2021 not 2014.

Anyway have a nice day and thabks for reading.

@WhiteKnightBlsm said in NGS is outdated and i cant recommend it to anyone:

In mmo's like ffxiv i can change any item i want into a cosmetic, i dont have to pay for it, i dont have to pay to change its color.

Yeah... the jet black dyes and other colors in their cash shop would like a word with you.

The hrothgar race would like a word with you too... lol

Also, comparing a P2P game that's even more archaic in it's systems than a f2p title? Really?

ROFL. If you don't like it, then don't. Some of us enjoy it. I personally recommend it for those who aren't into raiding or PVP. I personally prefer it to PSO2. So, while your post is not, quite, useless, just cause you're pissed about something, don't dump your dislike on the rest of us.

The issue with your criticism is that you're comparing a f2p game to a very popular p2p game.

To say they get the same treatment and one side is being lazy is just factually wrong. Not to mention the idea that other MMO's don't have ground breaking bugs or lag is also a lie. FF14 is also notorious for their cash shop being expensive as hell while players still buy from it.

Pro tip: Don't compare a F2P game with the most popular MMO that is P2P.

pj customization should be like in bdo where having premium allows you to change the appearance of the pj at no additional cost. the content was little and the main missions were few and now we have to wait months for a little more missions, but not to recommend the game I think it would be exaggerating.

the UQ for me are entertaining and the graphics nice. I have an i7-9700kf and rx6800xt and I run the game at 4k 60fps consuming 70-110watts (from the graphics card) with all the max graphics and it looks better for me than bdo

from what little the game has, I think it's pretty good.

I think he just needs to add more things to do, to customize and fix the bugs that was expected to have, only that there are some that give the impression that the game was rushed (when I was younger and did not have a way to pay things for myself , I played on pirate wow servers and there I gained the habit or I understood how not to suffer with these kinds of bugs and live with them, so even with these bugs for me it is still playable:D) Although I would not recommend it in terms of content to replace wow or ffiv, but I would recommend it to play it for a while from time to time

@Zeke said in NGS is outdated and i cant recommend it to anyone:

The issue with your criticism is that you're comparing a f2p game to a very popular p2p game.

To say they get the same treatment and one side is being lazy is just factually wrong. Not to mention the idea that other MMO's don't have ground breaking bugs or lag is also a lie. FF14 is also notorious for their cash shop being expensive as hell while players still buy from it.

What do you mean expensive!? Don't you want to be able to change every feature of your character for $10 every time you don't like the color of their skin, or their eyes (Or for some races, their hair, which also changes their entire face!?) instead of a free salon pass from time to time?? How would you like the inability to change some features of your character, like horns, or ears!? Can't change their bodies either! How about mounts that range from $18 to the price of an entire expansion pack?? /s

@TC I hear ya, I played FF14, Warframe(still actively play this one), PSO2/NG, and many other MMO's over the years. When a couple friends I game with asked me if NG was worth downloading I had to honestly tell them in it's current state it's not, due to lack of content and server issues(not to mention one of them played braver/bouncer which aren't even in the game atm).

I do agree with your post in that a lot of the monetization in PSO2 feels scummy and games like Warframe have done it better and I chuckled when you mentioned Warframe doesn't have a bot issue cause you are correct on that one. Inflation isn't a thing in that game either as prices on stuff have stayed pretty much the same for 4+ years(paid the same amount of plat for my arcanes on my xbox account as I did on my ps4 account 4 years ago as an example).

@all the other comments. Comparing PSO2/NG to FF14(and Warframe, cause it's obvious a lot of you didn't read the TC's whole post, smh) is a valid criticism. True FF14 has a P2P model and PSO/NG has a cash grab model, that doesn't change the fact that FF14 is still direct competition for PSO2/NG. If you're going to spend money on the game you're playing you want the investment(money and time both) to feel worthwhile.

As it stands NG brings nothing to the table to justify spending money on(and this is coming from someone who spent roughly 300 USD or so on PSO2 last year). The fact that the old character model in the fashion I already own looks better(imo) than the new character model further reinforces the desire to not spend any more money on the game.

To conclude before people @ me saying "you don't like PSO," or "this isn't the game for you." I like PSO, been playing this franchise since PSO on the dreamcast(yes I was one of the 5 people in the US that owned one back in the day, lol). I liked PSO2 and enjoyed the 650 hours I put into it. I'm sure given some time for NG to have a bit more content in it I'll like it too. However, even though I like PSO overall that doesn't mean it is/should be free of criticism otherwise the game would never improve.

@Ravness01 thank you for actually reading my whole post

The one thing people keep screaming at me is that ffxiv is p2p but they conveniently forget that ffxiv has a free trial from 1-60 that lets you play everything in the base game and the first expansions for free.

I appreciate the comment

@Kofi9867 you can get the dyes in game my guy, they arent exclusive to the shop

Cherry picking hrothgar but neglecting to mention the reasons why hrothgar is the way it is kinda just makes it look like you were trying to find anything to disregard my entire post before you read the whole thing

Also ffxiv has a free trial from 1-60 that has no time limit os its more comparable than you want to admit it is

Also i compared it to warframe (ya know another f2p game) but you neglected to mention anything about that....odd

@trevalynd didnt dump it you chose to click on this lol

@Ravare12jd if you actually read the whole thing i compared ngs to warframe as well But oddly you didnt mention that part

Maybe because if you admit that i compared it to another f2p game youd also have to admit that my critique actually makes sense

@WhiteKnightBlsm said in NGS is outdated and i cant recommend it to anyone:

@Kofi9867 you can get the dyes in game my guy, they arent exclusive to the shop

Cherry picking hrothgar but neglecting to mention the reasons why hrothgar is the way it is kinda just makes it look like you were trying to find anything to disregard my entire post before you read the whole thing

Also ffxiv has a free trial from 1-60 that has no time limit os its more comparable than you want to admit it is

Also i compared it to warframe (ya know another f2p game) but you neglected to mention anything about that....odd

Yoshida lied when they first introduced Hrothgar and Viera saying they would have male and female editions. Even had art of that.

Don't give him a free pass he does promise things then goes back on them quite a bit.

Edit: Oh they recently announced it for the expansion. That said it doesn't change the fact when the races were first announced they showed art, but then said "naw bro one gender only sorry." The outcry on the forums likely forced them to change their view.

@Zeke its very clear you didnt watch fanfest

@Zeke said in NGS is outdated and i cant recommend it to anyone:

"Other thing bad sp ignore the fact that the thing that i like is worse"