[NGS] PSO2 character model appears differently to others

The amount of visual bugs in this game is astounding. You'd think something like this would have been caught in either of the closed beta tests. The character creation/salon is bugged across the board it seems. The male outfits on both body types, won't come off to allow for accurate editing, and this includes accessories. Ornaments are also bugged on male characters in the salon.

They pretty much used the betas as hype machines and nothing more.

The lack of actual play testing, disregarding feedback, and buying into their own hype has led to all of these problems. One can only hope that something changes in development before a game breaking bug gets made next... o_o

@Pariah-Chan said in [NGS] PSO2 character model appears differently to others:

They pretty much used the betas as hype machines and nothing more.

The lack of actual play testing, disregarding feedback, and buying into their own hype has led to all of these problems. One can only hope that something changes in development before a game breaking bug gets made next... o_o

Part of the problem with limited closed beta tests, is that most of the players that get in, aren't actively looking for bugs. They are testing gameplay, and other assorted personal wants and needs the game has to offer. In an open beta, you have a higher likelihood of getting players, who's sole intent is to seek out bugs, but testing every system available, and they'd likely have friends help them. Now for the more glaring character related bugs. The few CBT players I had the privilege to talk to, told me that these specific issues where nowhere to be found in said test, and seemed to have been added in by the developers, on accident, when they were editing things after the fact. Was a few weeks worth of a window, from CBT, to launch. Plenty of time to screw things up if you ask me.

Then it may as well had been a playground for ppl to play in if the developers decided to tweak stuff after the fact.

It’s starting to sound more like Fallout 76 the more I hear about patches causing new issues. This is usually done by developers using an engine or code they’re not familiar with, usually causing more harm than good. 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in [NGS] PSO2 character model appears differently to others:

Then it may as well had been a playground for ppl to play in if the developers decided to tweak stuff after the fact.

It’s starting to sound more like Fallout 76 the more I hear about patches causing new issues. This is usually done by developers using an engine or code they’re not familiar with, usually causing more harm than good. 😕

Your not wrong there. Though 76 has some redeeming qualities that off set the broken stuff. Like when an enemy sticks to the ground, by say, a leg, and then becomes a stick figure as the physics engine dies, and it's stretched beyond all reasonable lengths, and is then flung clear across the map. Good times.

Also that Pit expansion looks good. To bad its not considered a free to play game, considering I had to cancel my gold. I'd play that and NGS, as to offset my frustration with some of the more broken aspects of this game.

I was in the beta, and unfortunately they didnt really give us much open space to put feedback on the issues we found. We were limited to 250 characters for the gathering question, and 250 characters for a free topic issue - not enough for all the bugs in the CBT. I can confirm this bug and most others regarding character creator were not present on the CBT. In fact, the bugs present were already identified by Sega prior to the start of the beta and were fixed for final release. Seems to me fixing those created the ones we have.

Also, this game still doesnt compare to Fallout 76 in terms of brokenness. It may have taken a while for Fallout to get better, but launch was a complete turdfest

I noticed and reported severe/noticeable clipping with the Photon Glide animation while wearing the Viola Magica outfit, which wasn't fixed, but I don't think there were any issues with the character creator outside of low-quality thumbnails for PSO2 items.

@sonic65101 There was the issue in the beta with custom colors in NGS outfits going back to default color if you changed outfits. That didnt make it thankfully to release

@tute107 said in [NGS] PSO2 character model appears differently to others:

@sonic65101 There was the issue in the beta with custom colors in NGS outfits going back to default color if you changed outfits. That didnt make it thankfully to release

Ah. I never changed outfits in the beta, but I think I remember hearing something about that.

Alright, I finally received a response to my ticket. Response acknowledges the multiple reports about the outerwear bug and asks for time to resolve the issue. This is a step in the right direction and late response may be due to a backlog of bug reports

I'm gonna keep bumping this and the other one to like show that it still hasn't been resolved.

Been going on for a while now, my poor friend is an albino to me.

So can anyone confirm if this bug still hasnt been fixed?

It hasn’t. Sadly. Still isn’t being addressed in the Maint Update Notes.

Well that sucks. At least they fixed the low res issues on camos. Just need to set texture resolution to highest and no more low-poly camo's and accessories