The real problem with Multi Weapons.

@LusterMain Swapping does interupt the Talis WA.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I dont think thats how it works tho.

You upgrade the "base" weapon with another weapon increasing its dmg by 10% and allowing the use of the secondary weapons abilitys. In other words you sub weapons abilitys will always be 10% weaker as exchange for allowing you the use of them.

I could be wrong and maybe someone could enlighten me on that one but i am pretty sure thats how it works.

@Illanya said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

Are people really just to lazy to set up 2 weapons in your equip menu and use the already ancient and proven palletswap? Saves you the cost of making fusion weapons too. Especially since NGS actally allows the equipping of your sub job related weapons, unlike basic PSO 2 did.

Multi weapon really just seems like a gimmick option to me, unless the act of fusing itself gives a significant powerboost compared to having the 2 weapons equipped on different slots. I admit though I haven't played around with the system much yet though, only did the tutorial fuse on just 2 random weapons to complete the quest.

Switch weapon palettes is slow, buggy (you can sometimes switch weapon palette and end up with no weapon in your hand) and laggy (heavily ping dependant too), even slower if you actually switch weapons when switching palettes.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I dont think thats how it works tho.

You upgrade the "base" weapon with another weapon increasing its dmg by 10% and allowing the use of the secondary weapons abilitys. In other words you sub weapons abilitys will always be 10% weaker as exchange for allowing you the use of them.

I could be wrong and maybe someone could enlighten me on that one but i am pretty sure thats how it works.

No, multiweapons have nothing to do with it. If you use your main class weapon you get 10% bonus.

You use sword/rifle on hunter you get 10% damage on sword nornals/PAs

You use rifle/sword on hunter and you still get 10%, still only on sword normals/PAs

@Aquila-ibis said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

I have to agree with OP it very restricting for no reasons. Especially when we only have 3 PA per weapon. I wanted to fuse a rifle with a launcher but their in completely different series. This is a bad game design plan and simple. I'm sure when more weapons come out they'll fix this issue but as of right now is just poor game design on the devs part.

I've done this with the Resurger series Rifle/Launcher and I can confirm it's just as awesome as you'd think. Rifle's AOE through the homing shot and Launcher's single-target beam of death on the same weapon makes Ranger the most OP class in the game, in my opinion.

One reason is to give you something to actually look for, rather than just grabbing the first two 4 star weapons you get, fusing them together and calling it an update cycle. Another reason is to allow Sega an additional lever for balance.

@Kragwulf I just recently learned about this weapon series after I looted the rifle from a forest grind yesterday. Bought the launcher in ther series and linked them have literally been doing the same thing. Idk if I'd say it the strongest DPS, but it is extremely strong build and effective.

@Aquila-ibis A really cool trick is to drain your PP with the launcher's beam (Fear Erasure) and then immediately re-fill with Rifle's grenade/trap then throw your sticky bomb. Start your launcher's beam again after that and your sticky bomb should go off mid-beam refilling your PP bar. This allows for a huge window of time where you're just holding down Fear Erasure and pouring out damage.

@Illanya said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

Are people really just to lazy to set up 2 weapons in your equip menu and use the already ancient and proven palletswap? Saves you the cost of making fusion weapons too. Especially since NGS actally allows the equipping of your sub job related weapons, unlike basic PSO 2 did.

You misunderstand. There is more to multiweapons than 'using PAs from a different weapon.'

Take Talis for example - the Talis provides a huge amount of technical flexibility for adapting how your techs cast. However, it lacks the ability to guard against incoming attacks, that by itself isn't a big deal since you can always dodge. But one of Force's skills allows them to block an incoming attack with a rod, and then counter-attack for high damage on their next rod (But not Talis) tech.

It's entirely possible for a Force or Force subclass, to use the weapon action on a Rod multiweapon, to catch and counter a projectile in that manner; but there is no way you could palette swap in a rod, and counter an attack in the often millisecond window before the attack connects; and it is desirable to do so, because the extra damage from the counterattack is a significant net DPS gain if they can utilise it.

What the Multi Weapons system looks like to me is a neat way to have a properly highly-enhanced, affixed, and potential unlocked weapon for multiple classes at once in one item slot.

Whether you're running the Multi-Weapon for Main & Subclass, or for an alternate class/subclass combination, it seems quite versatile in cutting down on resources required to gear up a character (And can even be used to give hand-me-down gear to your alternate characters when higher rarity weapons become available).

One could easily, say, combo a Twin Machinegun and Sword combination for Hu/Gu, or to have a Hunter as main or sub with, say, a Force as the other class, and still have an up-to-date weapon to use. This means, yes, that it could be annoying if your two weapon types aren't available in the same series, but I figure as far as things go, Resurgir is less effective (Lower base potency iirc) compared to Foursis, Cattleya, and Violta to compensate for its versatility in that there's Resurgir of every weapon and it can be equipped 3 levels lower than other 4-star weapons.

The system needs some clarification and some touching up, sure, but I think it's gonna be fine long-term.

@_Flux_ Reason 1 is bs and you know it. Its not like regular 4 Star drop when ever you like it and when it does it aint 100% the weapon you want. So yeah no matter what 4 Star weapon you are looking for its rng. So fusing the first 4 Star wepons you can get isnt really a good argument because why would i fuse by +40 Saber with a Rod when i want a Spear ? Makes no sense.

And the second reason is also not really given is it ? What balance reason ? You can fuse what ever weapon you like with the final series so that we cant fuse the other weapons how ever we like because of balance reasons is nonsense. In the end you can fuse what ever you like the only difference is the potential.

And here is the real balance issue: If you lock certain combos behind a single potential then THATS a balance issue. I imagine alot if not most forces would rather have the shield potential instead of the crit potential because getting hit as a Force results in a very fast death sentence. I as a Fighter would rather have the PP Recovery potential instead of the crit potential because my skills aint cheap and the more i can spam while the boss is down the better. So the only balance reason here is that you lock most combos behind a single potential which means only builds for that potential can use it creating a "meta" which we dont want. We want all classes to be more or less equal dont we ?

@Gilver-Redgrave I would suggest re-reading my post before you start calling my reasons BS. It is fine if you don't think they are good reasons, but I never spoke to them being objectively good reasons for doing this, just that they are, possible reasons.

Right now, Sega is concerned most about longevity due to a lack of content. This is why Resurgir is the only 4 star weapon group that allows for certain weapon combinations. It's so you have to actually go out and find the two Resurgirs you want. If Vialto and friends could do everything, that would be multiple less compelling things to find running circles in combat areas.

This is also why it is a balance lever. It lets Sega pick and choose multi-weapon availability to match difficulty to obtain. Later, they may release weapons that cannot be multi-weapon'd but contain unique passives. It opens up options for them.

I'm not interested in a prolonged discussion about this, so take it or leave it. If we don't agree, I'm fine with that.

@Kragwulf said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

@Aquila-ibis A really cool trick is to drain your PP with the launcher's beam (Fear Erasure) and then immediately re-fill with Rifle's grenade/trap then throw your sticky bomb. Start your launcher's beam again after that and your sticky bomb should go off mid-beam refilling your PP bar. This allows for a huge window of time where you're just holding down Fear Erasure and pouring out damage.

thats pretty fun against downed UQ bosses wich melt vs 1k+ beam dmg per tick that never ends

Does multiweapon give that 10% main bonus to the fused weapon?

@Pariah-Chan As long as the fused weapons are from the main class. A sub weapon won't get the 10% Main bonus even when fused.