The real problem with Multi Weapons.

You can only fuse weapons of the same series.

Why implement a system that locks you into using certain combinations ? There is for example no way i can use a 4Star Rod/Talis Muli Weapon because both are from different series. There is no freedom what so ever not at all. All Tec and all Range 4 STar weapons are in different Series you can use two Tec or Range weapons for fusing at all. All 6 Melee weapons are also split into 2 for each series. This is BS.

Edit: And yes i know about Resurge which has all Weapons in it. However locking the fusion feature behind the very rarest weapons isnt a solution.

It was probably done for balance/technical reasons due to series's having different bonuses.

If you cant balance the system dont release it. If you cant implement it because of technical reasons dont implement it.

Or just let the bonus of the main weapon count and the problem is solved...really easy.

Or maybe just don't sweat it because we'll probably get a bigger variety of series weapons as time goes on. So it won't feel so limiting initially. Resurger weapons are not expensive to get off the market in the first place. It's going to cost you more in the long run to multi 4 star weapons anyway.

Because of this limitation I'm thinking they want you to multi weapons from your main and sub classes.

@Knight-Raime The problem is not the Resurger weapons but that they Limit the use of Multi Weapons with it. Not everyone wants the Weapon Potential of Resurger. Force high likely wants the Shield while classes that consume alot of PP would like the PP Recovery.

I have to agree with OP it very restricting for no reasons. Especially when we only have 3 PA per weapon. I wanted to fuse a rifle with a launcher but their in completely different series. This is a bad game design plan and simple. I'm sure when more weapons come out they'll fix this issue but as of right now is just poor game design on the devs part.

@Gilver-Redgrave

Which is something that will be fixed with time. You can either smack the two weapons you want together for the utility that you like at the cost of not having the potential you'd like. Or you can prioritize the potential and just not multi weapon for now.

Are people really just to lazy to set up 2 weapons in your equip menu and use the already ancient and proven palletswap? Saves you the cost of making fusion weapons too. Especially since NGS actally allows the equipping of your sub job related weapons, unlike basic PSO 2 did.

Multi weapon really just seems like a gimmick option to me, unless the act of fusing itself gives a significant powerboost compared to having the 2 weapons equipped on different slots. I admit though I haven't played around with the system much yet though, only did the tutorial fuse on just 2 random weapons to complete the quest.

@Illanya

Multi-weapon is less about "I can use these two weapons without having to scroll" and more "I can make a custom weapon", IMO. It allows you to chain the PAs, normals, and WAs of the weapons together in a way that scrolling could never hope to do. It can completely change the playstyle of a weapon.

TL;DR it's for fun, and pallet swapping isn't the same.

EDIT (bonus): I haven't tested, but there are a few mechanics in the game like Talis' WA that are lingering or similar, and presumably switching weapons would interrupt them. Multiweaponing allows their use on other weapons.

@Illanya This is what my opinion on the system has been from the start. They couldn't be assed to make actual weapon switching smooth and responsive (load all 6 weapon models, remove network delay, add proper binds for controller, remove the extra artificial bit of delay they seem to have added themselves, remove lingering attack vanishing like they did with Hero Talis) and simply decided that people should grind to work around deliberately terrible controls.

Now, if there was an actual distinction in animations between switching weapon and a multiweapon setup that tied into the flow of combat properly, that'd be a different deal. Like, regual weapon switching could have our characters visibly take their time hiding the current weapon into the hammerspace and summoning out the new one, while multiweapon setup would have one weapon morf into another with a cool transformation animation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gesn3a6wPHo) instantly as you use different attacks. With proper presentation it'd look like a deliberate combat balancing choice and the requirement for needing both weapons to be the same series would actually make sense. As it is now, with weapons just casually appearing and disappearing in both cases, it makes the entire system reek laziness.

op has a point - it just doesn make sense to lock the multi weapon system behind a "series" - let each 4* multi weapon with each other and done..."balancing reasons" dont make sense...or resurgir would never exist in the first place if there was a balance issue

@Illanya Multi Weapons have benefits:

• You can chain abilitys with no delay at all which swaping would have.
  • You can use both Weapons Weapon Action without swaping delay.
  • You gain a 10% power boost on the main Weapon of your class (the base Weapon).
  • Only uses up one inventory space instead of two.

Weapon Swaping is inferior at least right now. Once we have more abilitys where we need like 2 full bars we can talk about it but right now its inferior in every single aspect.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

@Illanya Multi Weapons have benefits:

• You can chain abilitys with no delay at all which swaping would have.
  • You can use both Weapons Weapon Action without swaping delay.
  • You gain a 10% power boost on the main Weapon of your class (the base Weapon).
  • Only uses up one inventory space instead of two.

Weapon Swaping is inferior at least right now. Once we have more abilitys where we need like 2 full bars we can talk about it but right now its inferior in every single aspect.

If both weapons are main weapons then they both get the 10% boost regardless of wether it’s the base weapon or not. Also pretty sure it doesn’t need to be a multi weapon to get this 10% buff.

@Illanya said in The real problem with Multi Weapons.:

Are people really just to lazy to set up 2 weapons in your equip menu and use the already ancient and proven palletswap? Saves you the cost of making fusion weapons too. Especially since NGS actally allows the equipping of your sub job related weapons, unlike basic PSO 2 did.

Multi weapon really just seems like a gimmick option to me, unless the act of fusing itself gives a significant powerboost compared to having the 2 weapons equipped on different slots. I admit though I haven't played around with the system much yet though, only did the tutorial fuse on just 2 random weapons to complete the quest.

Yo, so I think the multi weapon system is a little bit of a gimmick but I think overall it will be better for casual players rather than the hardcore fans minmaxing damage. With that said however, I would like to see the same player do either a labs or UQ run while either having a multi weapon equipped or swapping between.

For me personally, the reason this would be interesting is that we would see if there was a drop in dps during the time that you swap weapons. I use Knuckles/TMGS so I can get burst dmg close range and great mob clear. If we are really talking brass tacks about dmg numbers, all im saying is im trash at weapon swapping cuz controller problems QQ BUT STILL idk lol.