General thoughts on the BP gate?

People don't seem to like the BP gating system because they feel as though they are being left out, or can't be carried through the game's content.

I personally thoroughly enjoy the system, coming from games where people would rather be carried than work to improve their gear in order to join content, I'd like to think that getting better gear/stronger and improving it to get into different content is a great motivator.

So I ask, what are your thoughts on it?

I still haven’t been able to do the first UQ, because I still haven’t been able to to hit 1184bp... 😞

@Pariah-Chan said in General thoughts on the BP gate?:

I still haven’t been able to do the first UQ, because I still haven’t been able to to hit 1184bp... 😞

Here's a few things to help you out: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2NGS/comments/nxnkvv/red_boxes_with_4_armor_locations/

I’ll have to download the reddit app or it won’t let me see the page...

Appreciate the help Kaji! ❤

Gets a thumbs up from me so far. Seems to have solved the issue that expert matchmaking in PSO2 failed to from my current experience with it but as for whether that stays true in the near and/or distant future will be another thing entirely. I sure hope it does.

It does teach people to buff up their equipment like they should, but I feel its a tad high and sometimes wants you to overinvest in bad gear just to do a story quest thats easy

I don't like the system as it locks people out of content based on arbitrary factors. Every combat focused area has a related story quest, they should have just used this as a requirement to unlock the areas. If you can clear it within a certain amount of time you get access to the area in question, if not improve yourself until you can.

@Kofi9867 tried the reddit thing, couldn’t ’ download the app to access it cuz my tablet doesn’t support it...

Is there anyway you can show the pics here? 😞

@Pariah-Chan

Here's the link, it shows the location of all the 4* armor you can get from red boxes, thank goodness someone posted it, because I found 3 of 4 after getting 800sg worth of red boxes. lol

I click the link you posted, but it won’t let me access the page without the reddit app that I can’t download. 😕

@Pariah-Chan said in General thoughts on the BP gate?:

I click the link you posted, but it won’t let me access the page without the reddit app that I can’t download. 😕

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

I like it because it requires players to actually care about their gear. No more hitting the level requirement for an UQ and leeching off the geared players.

@Zeke said in General thoughts on the BP gate?:

I like it because it requires players to actually care about their gear. No more hitting the level requirement for an UQ and leeching off the geared players.

While I agree. Gear progression is still a carrot on a stick that is often abused. It is a catch 22 - Carries/Leechers will still happen, and gear progression will not determine the skill level of those with said gear.

Just cause one has the gear for their set up, doesn't mean they actually know how to use it or time their rotation and CD cycles correctly for maximum output.

As well, then you get highly skilled players who have issues gearing cause of time frame with groups conflict or RNGesus hates them.

Hopefully it isn't as tedious, nor as conflicting as the other games with gear progression and those with skill can get the gear and get to reap the rewards, while the one buying or leeching carries have to work for theirs in the end, while average joe should be able to pug / premade at their own pace and still enjoy the game with what they collected.

Seems fine to me for the most part. It hasn't even been a week yet, so complaining that you're not immediately maxxed out seems kinda crazy when there's not even gonna be new levels/gear till winter.

Only thing I will say is that in the future, I hope that updates are broken into 2 parts, with things that get gated on BP getting released a week or two after the level cap updates/etc. That way people wouldn't feel the need to rush the content to meet BP requirements, and could take it slightly slower. But I kinda doubt SEGA'd do that.

@NotZyreth said in General thoughts on the BP gate?:

Gets a thumbs up from me so far. Seems to have solved the issue that expert matchmaking in PSO2 failed to from my current experience with it but as for whether that stays true in the near and/or distant future will be another thing entirely. I sure hope it does.

This 100%.

If you still don't have enough BP, you need to level up more and get more skill points.