Where the content sega?

If it were only that simple genshin and 90% of the mobile market would be dead

Generally, while gacha can make a lot of money, it is often seen as a negative. So you have to have at least one thing really god damn good in order for people to stick around. Especially in the western markets where gacha is not as favorably seen.

Genshin actually has a lot of quality spread around with a large open world to explore, likable characters, and a good amount of actual content to do; it is actually a fun open world game.

The old big bad boss of gacha mobile games, FGO, while not as relevant as it used to be, still has its following because the story is so good; like the characters and story are the main reasons why the game has its niche. Like it has one of, if not the worst and archaic gacha systems with a 1% SSR rate and no pity system. Not to mention, its actual mechanical gameplay can get old and stale pretty fast. Yet FGO still hangs on because a main story chapter is like at least a full novel, with the last two being several novels worth of quality story, and plenty of additional side story in its events. There is a reason why Fate is so huge and gets plenty of anime adaptations. Also, despite the gameplay limitation, they at least do try to innovate time to time to varying degrees of success; gameplay is still meh though. So while they may not play FGO super regularly, long time players tend to keep an eye on it since its new releases are always a bit of a treat, if only for the story.

NGS on the other hand doesn't really have anything other than maybe FOMO keeping someone interested. Which is really sad. Honestly, if they just sell the cosmetics straight up in a store, they probably would be doing a lot better; not great but probably not this bad. That is how much of a negative gacha can be, even if it is just for cosmetics. You need to have some sort of actual quality to pull off gacha.

It's really sad too. Sega actually does have the resources and people to turn this around. They own Atlus for crying out loud. They have series like Yakuza, Persona, and Shin Megumi Tensei (I know I already said Persona, but the two are pretty separate by now) in their name. They definitely have talented people working for them and plenty of resources from being one of the oldest video game companies around. They really don't have an excuse, and I don't think Sega wants this either. PSO2 was one of their biggest money makers in the past decade; I don't think they want to lose the name recognition that was once associated with Phantasy Star (face is rather important to Japanese companies after all). Yet, for even their JP player base to lash back, things are pretty dire.

Sega screwed up big time.

@Pok only genshin got a game next to it's shity gacha

yea. greedy probably isn't the cause here, its missing stuff to do. I don't think the phantasy star team has to means to reassign people on working on other games to finish stuff here or they wouldn't be recruiting for people to fill on jp in-game.

@Pok I am more that Shure it the opposite,people from ngs team made work on different games of Sega on top.

@SalutexMO said in Where the content sega?:

Phantasy star online is dead thanks to it transitioning into gacha anime garbage. Well...I guess you can't kill something that has never lived. Shame since this franchise has so much potential, especially given how influential PSO1 was to so many franchises that are thriving.

It's essentially not an action rpg anymore as all the content updates focus on scratches....beyond disgusting.

Braver JUST released and the game almost went below 4k players earlier today on steam. That's pathetic.

@Shiyo said in Where the content sega?:

@SalutexMO said in Where the content sega?:

Phantasy star online is dead thanks to it transitioning into gacha anime garbage. Well...I guess you can't kill something that has never lived. Shame since this franchise has so much potential, especially given how influential PSO1 was to so many franchises that are thriving.

It's essentially not an action rpg anymore as all the content updates focus on scratches....beyond disgusting.

Braver JUST released and the game almost went below 4k players earlier today on steam. That's pathetic.

Pardon me but doesnt gameplay determine what makes a game an action rpg? And its crazy you say EQs arent content...but call scratches content...

You know whats pathetic? Sitting on the same forum and saying the same thing over and over and over about a game you clearly dont like.

Oh...

2f0bb896-248e-4630-ae64-6c9d36bf371b-image.png

c46afcdc-1be8-46ad-85e0-f000c1fa98d2-image.png

I guess there is a market for this type of game, turns out you just need to market it correctly and make it enjoyable to play, who would have thought?

NGS Headline on 5th October:

Global Stream:

4847dc6e-f3d1-4ca2-a034-dac6409333bd-image.png

JP Stream:

76d59d06-9487-49b5-8dd6-47fdfa0d50b1-image.png

As somebody that's played since JP Beta in 2012, I understand how they feel, the heartache is genuine as players feel betrayed and insulted, and the feedback still doesn't appear to be addressed in full with very little transparency even now.

A video absolutely worth watching: https://youtu.be/5jNtBeI-hY0

@JoycieC How many of those had their GPU's bricked :3

@JoycieC said in Where the content sega?:

Oh...

2f0bb896-248e-4630-ae64-6c9d36bf371b-image.png

c46afcdc-1be8-46ad-85e0-f000c1fa98d2-image.png

I guess there is a market for this type of game, turns out you just need to market it correctly and make it enjoyable to play, who would have thought?

NGS Headline on 5th October:

Global Stream:

4847dc6e-f3d1-4ca2-a034-dac6409333bd-image.png

JP Stream:

76d59d06-9487-49b5-8dd6-47fdfa0d50b1-image.png

As somebody that's played since JP Beta in 2012, I understand how they feel, the heartache is genuine as players feel betrayed and insulted, and the feedback still doesn't appear to be addressed in full with very little transparency even now.

A video absolutely worth watching: https://youtu.be/5jNtBeI-hY0

Hmmmm ok......now that is something.

@AngryRhombus563 said in Where the content sega?:

not enough to correct capitalism :kekw:

@AngryRhombus563 said in Where the content sega?:

I know it's a joke, but it was found that it's specifically the EVGA 3090s. Some sort of fault with manufacturing. I am not aware of GPUs being bricked aside from 3090s (and if you got a 3090 for gaming I really kind of think you're an idiot).

@Ciel Actually its been more Nvidia based models reported being bricked since the game launched. They did some kinda patch that alleviated things during the beta, but launch cards started dyeing again.

@Ciel that's just for BETA I believe.

Since official release, there's been reports of RTX 3090, RTX 3080Ti, RTX 3080, RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3000 laptop GPUs getting bricked. Not just EVGA, but other brands like Gigabyte also.