Where the content sega?

@Milk Greed. I feel that since PSO2 did so well the first month of being released in the West, Sega immediately saw dollar signs. All the feedback pointing out their false promises and everything else fell on deaf ears.

The fact that the the are saturating NGS with scratches kind of enforces this idea for me. I go back to base to try and play there since it does offer more in terms of gameplay, but it just feels so...soulless now. It's disheartening.

@Hooonter

Well if the rumor is true then Sega worked 5 years on NGS so Covid is a poor excuse given the fact they still released PSO2 stuff in those 5 years with no problems.

However i didnt see any prove of that statement that they worked 5 years on NGS so take that with a grain of salt. If it is true however its really really sad.

@Reiven said in Where the content sega?:

@Milk Greed. I feel that since PSO2 did so well the first month of being released in the West, Sega immediately saw dollar signs. All the feedback pointing out their false promises and everything else fell on deaf ears.

The fact that the the are saturating NGS with scratches kind of enforces this idea for me. I go back to base to try and play there since it does offer more in terms of gameplay, but it just feels so...soulless now. It's disheartening.

Greed will be their downfall if they don't provide something worth paying for.

I started playing base but the market makes me so angry, everything I feared about that Cradle nightmare came true. I'm angry at how they treated PSO2 and I'm angry about how NGS is doing right now. There's just no joy in playing anymore that I just log out again. Their scratches suck, I liked their PSO2 ones, I happily paid for each and every one and now there's not even anything worth buying. I don't understand how they can even ruin scratches of all things, it's their big money maker and they blew it. 😞

I haven't played since they 'restocked' the seasonal shop (har-har), and I let my premium expire.

Took that money and bought FFXIV, currently lvl22. I much prefer the battle system in PSO2, but at least there's fuckin GAME to play with FFXIV.

@Milk said in Where the content sega?:

I started playing base but the market makes me so angry, everything I feared about that Cradle nightmare came true. I'm angry at how they treated PSO2 and I'm angry about how NGS is doing right now. There's just no joy in playing anymore that I just log out again. Their scratches suck, I liked their PSO2 ones, I happily paid for each and every one and now there's not even anything worth buying. I don't understand how they can even ruin scratches of all things, it's their big money maker and they blew it. 😞

I feel ya. 😞

I want to support this battle system. It's awesome! I always bought premium, and would throw some bucks at the scratch if there was anything I liked. But I'm not paying premium just to collect rocks, and all the scratches are NGS-robot-clothes aesthetic (no-thanks) and mega-greedy scratch bonuses. That's the game to me right now.. just collecting rocks and wtf-are-they-serious? scratches in a ridiculous market.

Whoever greenlit that greed-survey should be sweating. Customers were already feeling kind of ripped off, but that survey just confirmed it for everyone.

If they can’t turn NGS around or fix what they broke in PSO2 at least, that’s it for SEGA for me. I mean on a personal level, Sonic was my hero as a kid and their last good game wasn’t even made by them, a fan had to remind them what Sonic used to be. If they’re that out of touch with their own freaking mascot, what hope can I have for Phantasy Star?

Um.....They've been pretty much been crapping on the brand for a awhile now.....

@Gurgles said in Where the content sega?:

@Milk said in Where the content sega?:

I feel ya. 😞

I want to support this battle system. It's awesome! I always bought premium, and would throw some bucks at the scratch if there was anything I liked. But I'm not paying premium just to collect rocks, and all the scratches are NGS-robot-clothes aesthetic (no-thanks) and mega-greedy scratch bonuses. That's the game to me right now.. just collecting rocks and wtf-are-they-serious? scratches in a ridiculous market.

Whoever greenlit that greed-survey should be sweating. Customers were already feeling kind of ripped off, but that survey just confirmed it for everyone.

Yeah it's not like we want to hate the game, it's actually really sad we feel this way. I've barely bought anything, I own two outfits(one of which I had to dye to not hate.) When I joined PSO2 I had to have everything, there's just nothing here for me when it comes to fashion, at this point just give me my old clothes a NGS variant...you know, after there's a game to play, lol.

@KOSMOSFAN22497 said in Where the content sega?:

Um.....They've been pretty much been crapping on the brand for a awhile now.....

You're right but I haven't invested time/money into SEGA other than this game and Sonic so I have no idea how bad it's gotten over the years, I jumped ship to Nintendo a long time ago, don't even know any other game series they've done anymore.

What really hurts me the most about how Sega has handled NGS thus far is that it was such a golden opportunity to bring in new players to the franchise. The MMO market had been feeling pretty lackluster for a while, so you had players hungering for something, anything new. The demand was clearly there. Seeing the game be flooded with players the first week, despite the insane lag, made me really, really happy. There were so many new people! Alas...

I want to enjoy the game. I really do, but it is so damn hard to when the world feels so barren.

@Reiven said in Where the content sega?:

What really hurts me the most about how Sega has handled NGS thus far is that it was such a golden opportunity to bring in new players to the franchise. The MMO market had been feeling pretty lackluster for a while, so you had players hungering for something, anything new. The demand was clearly there. Seeing the game be flooded with players the first week, despite the insane lag, made me really, really happy. There were so many new people! Alas...

I want to enjoy the game. I really do, but it is so damn hard to when the world feels so barren.

Yeah the MMO market has felt very lacking, it's understandable but very boring.

@Gurgles said in Where the content sega?:

I haven't played since they 'restocked' the seasonal shop (har-har), and I let my premium expire.

Took that money and bought FFXIV, currently lvl22. I much prefer the battle system in PSO2, but at least there's fuckin GAME to play with FFXIV.

Been playing ff14 myself while I wait for content here. I'm a returning player though. I also prefer the faster combat PSO2 offers but for a game like FF14 the combat does work for it. I just wish it was maybe a bit faster like Aion or Tera. Doesn't need to be like PSO2 or BDO.

It's also a little sad the fashion isn't on par with PSO2 but there's still some nice outfits considering it's an older game. Still holds up. Hopefully one day they do a graphical upgrade for FF14.

My biggest gripe with FF14 atm is probably to do with the fact that they barely have any long hairstyles. I get they don't want clipping but the majority of players probably don't care and want it anyway. I mean you can easily adjust what outfit you use with certain hairstyles. It's not a big deal.

@Milk There's a lot more MMOs coming out than there has been for a long time with more coming next year. Hopefully the hype of FF14 has shown companies and developers that people are still hungry for a good MMO. Should hopefully be even more developed in the future.

@Zenny With games like FFXIV: Endwalker, Blue Protocol, Project BBQ, Corepunk, Mad World, Chrono Odyssey, Losk Ark, & New World all the horizon, there is definitely not going to be a lack of options to choose from, that's for sure.

@Reiven Yeah and those are just the ones confirmed to be coming to the west. There are also many others that may get western releases in the future.

Frantically googling all of these, the only things I've been looking forward to is Endwalker and B&S2, I'm out of the loop! Blue Protocol has a cute art style.

@Milk

Blue Protocol is also made by the people that are responsible for the "Tales of Series". So battle system should be very good aswell.

@Reiven

Yeah bringing in new people failed on a extremely high level those are all gone now. So that chance is gone for ever. I know there are some that believe people will take a look into NGS once its better but lets be honest here :" They wont." Until Sega themself changes no one will care. People watch this game for 2 months now and for 2 months Sega is ignoring all the signs and everyone sees that. Do you guys really believe a puplisher like that is something people want ? Also a bunch of games will release next year and Sega is losing time. The momentum Sega had is gone.

As i mentioned before if Sega does not show what they can do with the Winter Patch its game over. And if they show what they can do they need to keep it up that way and knowing Sega they wont. NGS right now pretty much is in a death spiral going downwards. Some call it doomcasting but i call it Phantasy Wildstar 2 NGS.

@Gilver-Redgrave It is pretty dire. I took a look at the steam charts and I was just gobsmacked. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize HOW bad. When the game released, NGS peaked at 59,197. On the 30th of July, (yesterday as of the posting of this message) the peak player count was 6,124. Now, I know I know, Steam charts don't represent everyone, there are other platforms, yes yes, I get it. But still on Steam alone, that is a 90% drop of the player base.

90%!!!

The game has been out for 52 days.

To call it a death spiral is an understatement at this point. These numbers are NOT good. And once again, yes, I know some use the Microsoft Store, Epic Games store, Tweaker, I get that, these numbers are just to provide reference.