Where the content sega?

If you're feeling burnt out, take a break and play again some time in the future. The game is free to play, so nothing lost. Or if you are worried about missing out you can keep logging on to do dailies/weeklies and then log out.

PSO is all about the grinding and there is plenty of grinding to do to get to level 20 with all classes with all the gear/armor powered up to the highest stats currently available.

Here is the roadmap in case you haven't seen it

PSO2NGS Roadmap

also the super challenging Gigantix enemy are being added later this month.

gigantix

@Ryoga said in Where the content sega?:

@JuggernautGTX said in Where the content sega?:

pso has always been about the rare drop feeling and farming....those who enjoyed pso back in the days and been running the same round 1000000 times just to get the specific 0,000001% rare they were looking for got no problem with ngs for sure

This is omitting a lot of stuff, in PSO there were many unique items worth farming for all with dedicated loot sources. Meaningful horizontal gear progression in NGS is pretty much non existent. Is there any reason to go to Lakau Coast aside from dailies and maybe minor stuff like sightseeing? Has the Veteran Eldi Scythe any drops unique to it worth going for? The issue isn't a "lack of content" but the way how content is used. In PSO for hard difficulty and above each new area raised the question "is there something interesting to farm for here". Many weapons had actually meaningful utility which made them worth going for as they were more than just stat sticks. All this is missing from NGS, the content is there but it's lacking replay value.

progression in ngs is pretty much non existent....oh my god a guy who didn even go past lv 10 - at least it sounds like it...did you even check the npc shops? i mean properly? do you have a small hint of what progression in ngs looks like and how long itll take to actually max out on your weapon + 3 armor? here you got the fancy "rare drop feeling" just like in pso1 because some stuff is EXTREMELY rare drop indeed wich can increase your overall dmg / survivability .... look at some weapons as 4* (those without rare high lv extra skills) and then some "hidden 5*" weapons wich surpass those non extra skill 4* - 4* are pretty common but 4* with additional impossible to get otherwise stats on them are basically a 5* if you wanna look at it like this....and grinding for those BIS equips is what every good MMORPG is about - yes ngs doesn have "dungeons or raids" (yet?) (lets not call the towers a dungeon) but it has alot of "this makes actual sense" grinding to do....even on the small maps - heck i farm central aelio for specific endgame stuff - killing lv 1 mobs

after i realised how much stuff i gotto do to BIS - i lost my worries about the "progression" in this game

and then after we get new content the BIS grind starts from scratch...just like in every other mmorpg thats fun to play....yea it doesn offer what big years old p2p games offer - but its good for a f2p game

@JuggernautGTX Which part of "meaningful horizontal gear progression" is so hard for you to understand? Your entire response is completely nonsensical given the context of the post you were replying to. Your responce also makes me quesion whether or not you even played PSO as you usually farmed those supper rare "0,000001%" drops like the Havens Punisher not because they were "BiS" but for their utility / unique effects to expand your arsenal.

@Ryoga pso was a "finished game" on gamecube while ngs is years away as its just newly released also being a true mmorpg- the "horizontal gear progression" you keep insisting on will occur just like in pso2 when weapons like the spread needle where worth farming for to those who loved the unique effect on it...same as the lavis cannon rykroz yasminkov launcher etc...ngs is currently a "normal to hard mode only" and will reach "ultimate" state when the time comes....if pso2 had those unique weapons then ngs will have them for sure as well...you cant expect ngs to be a complete game like pso on launch or having a weapon diversity of a 8 years old game like pso2

you claimed that ngs is lacking replay value and i told you why it is not because of the BIS system wich existed in pso2 alrdy....combined with the "rare drop" feeling from pso where you get excited if you get a new drop and pray for it having "good stats"...or if youre farming for these nice augments and feel satisfied enough if you can finally exchange your collected augments for those...if thats no replay value for you ok fine...maybe come back later when there is more stuff to get excited for no problem

@Jamesmor said in Where the content sega?:

@samsaralotus said in Where the content sega?:

look at a FREE game like genshin impact. its got a Biggert world at the start. more things to do in it and a way longer and more interesting story. whats more genshin impact add new events all the time (even if the delet the content when its over).

did you play Genshin Impact when was released? if you didn't then it was the same thing of here when you completed all stuff you had nothing to do other than grind so your comparison is just bad also the game is being out close to a year now and obviously will have more stuff to do. NGS was just released and you want to have tons of content.

You know, since this kind of pointless comparison is used so often, what purpose does it serve? When you compare shit to shit, all that can be said is that they're both shit. So what's the point?

Now, i don't really have a problem with NGS content or lack thereof, i'm just curious considering it's used to excuse basically everything in game designing.

@Anarchy-Marine When PSO2 came out in 2012 it took me weeks to hit level 40. There was also way more to the game than what New Genesis has now.

pso was a "finished game" on gamecube while ngs is years away as its just newly released also being a true mmorpg-

That's not an excuse here as my point wasn't that NGS doesn't have the same level of horizontality as PSO at endgame in its gear progression but that it is "pretty much non existent". Even if you just look at "hard mode" PSO still had a decent amount of horizontality there with effects like HP/TP drain or berserk. And now compare this to what NGS has to offer which esentially only boils down to "do more damage with marginal differences".

the "horizontal gear progression" you keep insisting on will occur just like in pso2 when weapons like the spread needle where worth farming for

Based on how PSO2 ended up this is highly questionable. Also, the Spread Needle was never worth going for unless you wanted a cheap stat stick for your alt after they added it to the RWB exchanges. It lost what made it worthwhile in PSO1 and actively conflicted with how Ranger in PSO2 was designed, similar things could also be said about the Frozen Shooter which global never got.

you claimed that ngs is lacking replay value

No, I said that the content is lacking replay value and gave specific examples. I can farm PSE bursts and EQs for N-Meseta in order to buy the fashion I want once they release some but that still doesn't give me a reason go out of my way in order to kill a Veteran Eldi Scythe or to redo some Cocoons.

yeah just got back into pso after waiting for new genesis, so far pretty boring, nothing of substance really...

Wow! So much bragging it crazy! So you finished the content in 3 day! You so pro.......this is nothing more than people running around just to have bragging right.

One of the things I grasped and understood quickly when I started PSO2 (a year before Global would be a thing) is that this game - both now and then - is not about the destination, it's about the journey.

I'm not going to pretend NGS isn't without its faults, or that there aren't things I'm critical of or just flat out don't like, but overall, I'm having fun. When I get a chance to play a game, I'm excited to play this one, knowing that I'll generally enjoy my time playing it. I know that it's the usual routine to speed through leveling as fast as possible to get to endgame content - whatever that may entail for each different game - but PSO2/NGS never was about that, and I'd say if anyone was rushing to the top to get to the "fun" stuff, they missed it in their haste.

Can NGS benefit from more content? Of course. Is it getting more? Yes, as has been shown already. I can't promise I'll even like the new stuff when it arrives, but for now, I'm still having fun. Hell, the most fun I've had so far was running around West Aelio hunting Veteran mobs with some friends, and I was the only one who isn't max level yet (so 2 birds, 1 stone for me). That's bound to get old, eventually. Naturally. But is it something I can enjoy right now, even on my own? Yes. Your mileage may vary on this, of course, and that too is fine. But it's all about enjoying the journey. No reason to hurry and wait.

Just because he or she said there is no more content doesn’t mean it is not there. I believe the OP just is not looking for it. OP wants it handed to them. Discovery is now a big part of the new content Sega has weaved into the open world aspect of the game. Everybody is whipping around so fast killing mods that they not analyzing there surrounding for the adventure.

The real adventurer are not talking about the discovery because we really don’t want to ruin it for others. The game you are looking for is here! Slow down and look for that J sword effect.

I don't fully understand what people are talking about myself, I've had a lot to do. Then again, I'm not attempting to rush through the game and hit max level ASAP, and I'm not using detailed maps to tell me where everything is, I'm exploring and tracking it down myself. I'm minding where I'm going so I can explore regions I can safely move about in, searching those nooks and crannies for mining and red crates. Instead of looking up in a wiki where to find the cocoons I'm tracking exploring and watching for them in the distance to work my way there and mark them on my map.

If players are rushing through the game, using every strategy guide to tell them how they should be doing everything, using every super detailed map they can get their hands on to find all those cocoons and other special locations, then complain they have no content...they have no one to blame but themselves.

@Frathlir said in Where the content sega?:

I don't fully understand what people are talking about myself, I've had a lot to do. Then again, I'm not attempting to rush through the game and hit max level ASAP, and I'm not using detailed maps to tell me where everything is, I'm exploring and tracking it down myself. I'm minding where I'm going so I can explore regions I can safely move about in, searching those nooks and crannies for mining and red crates. Instead of looking up in a wiki where to find the cocoons I'm tracking exploring and watching for them in the distance to work my way there and mark them on my map.

If players are rushing through the game, using every strategy guide to tell them how they should be doing everything, using every super detailed map they can get their hands on to find all those cocoons and other special locations, then complain they have no content...they have no one to blame but themselves.

Exactly. It's stupid players think they should rush through everything on a new game, or use a damn guide from the beta to tell them where everything is placed, so that they can be first to reach the end of the content we do have. The roadmap was shared earlier, and they are going to be adding content on a monthly, or bi-monthly basis for the most part. People need to chill out. This game was never a competition, at least not story, and progression wise. The only competitive aspect is how well you handle yourself against boss enemies, nothing more. So to treat any progression, or any other part of tgisngame as a race, is plain stupid. All you do is ruin the fun you'd be having, had you just taken your time with the game. I still haven't gotten passed level fifteen, because I've been exploring.

I found that there are several bridges to new areas we can't reach yet, and I've found that there are plans for level 60+ combat already in the pipeline, given one area of the map, leading to one of those aforementioned bridges, meaning this game already has a bunch of plans in the works we aren't aware of. They likely had a bunch more content ready, but are releasing it on a slower schedule to give themselves time to finish what they are currently working on. The pandemic screwed up a lot of developmental plans, for a lot of companies, including SEGA, hell it's caused computer component shortages to boot. So I believe to compensate, they decided to time gate the content, and release it slowly over time, instead of all at once.

Reading these responses starts to give me braindamage.

When you played the beta and tested stuff extensively because you had the chance to - this knowledge carries over. If the beta is 90% of the game, which is a first in mmo history, then of course there will be nothing to do after 2 days. Even grinding in this game doesn't take long. Doing lab trains, which is literally the only thing you can do at a certain point, you can get from 16-20 in like 4 hours.

If you are one of those beta players and learned where things are, that is indeed different. But even if you're a beta player that is rushing through everything to hit max everything ASAP...That's still kinda on you. I won't tell someone how fast to eat their desert, but if they gobble it as fast as possible without tasting it, they can't really complain that they have no desert. Sega shouldn't be rushing content out for the few that rush through the game ASAP. Releasing the content every month or two gives everyone lots of time to complete what is currently available, I'm pretty sure I'll have nearly everything I want done shortly before the next big patch.

Let them take time and hopefully make good content, instead of rapid firing mediocre content.