Where the content sega?

“Hey, This roadmap looks interesting! Plenty to do for the year!”

154A20D4-FCC0-40FA-9734-C1BA2A767382.jpeg

“New classes seem interesting, hopefully it will bring ppl back to play!”

2AE2CDD3-0B26-4DDB-8F11-EE0D12D2481A.jpeg

“Desert region was fun, maybe the tundra region will keep everyone come next winter!”

FAFDA781-6ACC-4164-A016-DB6F4C6677C2.jpeg

“I can’t wait for the next lvl +4 Gigantix, maybe my friends will come back to play it!”

072F71A3-50E8-455F-BEA3-AFD1756F558C.jpeg

@Yggranya said in Where the content sega?:

Yes, but until Yoshida gets the thing plastered on his face so he couldn't possibly ignore it, nothing happens.

Anyway, at least this proves that if you want some information, you need to complain to bring in the dev defence squad. I'd ask if you have something like this on sega, but considering how they are supposedly worse, i doubt you'd provide it even if you had it.

Except it is not really FFXIV players complaining to get changes made. It is just communicating and feedback, that a live service game should be getting. Also, it is worth mentioning that Yoshi P has stated that he reserved 253 hours of his schedule post Endwalker release to monitor for issues; this was stated during the 14 hour stream.

Honestly, it is worth noting that Shadowbringers did not have any real launch issues. Aside from some above average login queues which didn't last more than a few minutes at most, the servers were stable and there was no glaring bugs or service issues; Shadowbringers actually had a smooth launch. Like I think the worse it had was that some cash shop mounts became popular and took a bit of extra time to be sent to people due to the influx of orders and that tank and dps duty finder queues were a bit longer than usual in pre-Shadowbringers content due to a lot of people trying out the new classes, but those are in the realm of acceptance. There wasn't any server outage or the weird case with Stormblood where there was a bottle neck due to the instance servers being overloaded (Raubahn EX); I actually remember staying up for 48 hours straight trying to get past that.

The FFXIV devs don't just wait for people to send in feed back as well, they do monitor the game and they do play it themselves as players, including Savage raids. It isn't a case where they wait until people make it an unignorable thing. Like the controller rumble for Duty Finder pop, they probably could have ignored that, but they took the time to put it in the game anyway.

Overall, the FFXIV devs are actually rather proactive; they don't just react to feedback, they actually do add things that they community didn't know they wanted and they do it well. An example of this would be the data center visit system. While it will be limited to regional datacenters at first, they are actually undertaking a multi-million dollar investment into their infrastructure (which they also state is needed for the ever expanding game population) and do want to expand the data center visit to be cross region.

As for Sega, the devs don't really look too much at Global from what I can tell. They do communicate more with the JP players, like there was a case with the Yamato flag, and they have dev streams like how FFXIV does its Live Letters from the Producer in JP, but they really only interact with JP while Global is just an afterthought that makes them extra side money. There are even a variety of real life events for PSO2 in Japan, much like how FFXIV has its Fan Fest and Media Tours, only FFXIV does it on a global scale, which Sega keeps it in Japan.

Like there are definitely examples of the developers responding to the JP player base, like when SG was introduced there was a lot of backlash so they added ways to grind SG in game over a period of time. Things like that happened over the course of time in the JP server's life time. So there are examples for JP; hence why I say JP is the superior server, as it has superior service.

@Archetype-Luna said in Where the content sega?:

Yes, but until Yoshida gets the thing plastered on his face so he couldn't possibly ignore it, nothing happens.

Anyway, at least this proves that if you want some information, you need to complain to bring in the dev defence squad. I'd ask if you have something like this on sega, but considering how they are supposedly worse, i doubt you'd provide it even if you had it.

Except it is not really FFXIV players complaining to get changes made. It is just communicating and feedback, that a live service game should be getting. Also, it is worth mentioning that Yoshi P has stated that he reserved 253 hours of his schedule post Endwalker release to monitor for issues; this was stated during the 14 hour stream.

Honestly, it is worth noting that Shadowbringers did not have any real launch issues. Aside from some above average login queues which didn't last more than a few minutes at most, the servers were stable and there was no glaring bugs or service issues; Shadowbringers actually had a smooth launch. Like I think the worse it had was that some cash shop mounts became popular and took a bit of extra time to be sent to people due to the influx of orders and that tank and dps duty finder queues were a bit longer than usual in pre-Shadowbringers content due to a lot of people trying out the new classes, but those are in the realm of acceptance. There wasn't any server outage or the weird case with Stormblood where there was a bottle neck due to the instance servers being overloaded (Raubahn EX); I actually remember staying up for 48 hours straight trying to get past that.

The FFXIV devs don't just wait for people to send in feed back as well, they do monitor the game and they do play it themselves as players, including Savage raids. It isn't a case where they wait until people make it an unignorable thing. Like the controller rumble for Duty Finder pop, they probably could have ignored that, but they took the time to put it in the game anyway.

Overall, the FFXIV devs are actually rather proactive; they don't just react to feedback, they actually do add things that they community didn't know they wanted and they do it well. An example of this would be the data center visit system. While it will be limited to regional datacenters at first, they are actually undertaking a multi-million dollar investment into their infrastructure (which they also state is needed for the ever expanding game population) and do want to expand the data center visit to be cross region.

As for Sega, the devs don't really look too much at Global from what I can tell. They do communicate more with the JP players, like there was a case with the Yamato flag, and they have dev streams like how FFXIV does its Live Letters from the Producer in JP, but they really only interact with JP while Global is just an afterthought that makes them extra side money. There are even a variety of real life events for PSO2 in Japan, much like how FFXIV has its Fan Fest and Media Tours, only FFXIV does it on a global scale, which Sega keeps it in Japan.

Like there are definitely examples of the developers responding to the JP player base, like when SG was introduced there was a lot of backlash so they added ways to grind SG in game over a period of time. Things like that happened over the course of time in the JP server's life time. So there are examples for JP; hence why I say JP is the superior server, as it has superior service.

Whoa... I guess FFXIV is doing better than I imagined....

If Sega was going to continue being petty maybe PSO2 should've stayed in Japan....

@Pariah-Chan

I admit i laughted a little.

@Pariah-Chan

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

@Archetype-Luna Yeah, but when i said...

Anyway, at least this proves that if you want some information, you need to complain to bring in the dev defence squad.

...I meant that if you want people to provide information, you need to complain about the thing to entice people who like to prove you wrong to come out and do it. Maybe you don't actually need to, but it makes it easier and is basically guaranteed to work. Thanks for proving my assumption by the way, although i'm sure i can find ample proof of SE doing the opposite.

but they really only interact with JP while Global is just an afterthought that makes them extra side money

It's also funny that this exact same sentiment can be found in FFXIV playerbase about SE. I'm sure you know that, although you obviously don't share it for some reason.

but they really only interact with JP while Global is just an afterthought that makes them extra side money

It's also funny that this exact same sentiment can be found in FFXIV playerbase about SE. I'm sure you know that, although you obviously don't share it for some reason.

Except it isn't. The FFXIV Devs interact with the entire player base. I don't find this sentiment at all in the FFXIV playerbase. Maybe with SE as a whole, but not with FFXIV. For example, during E3 2019, Yoshi P logged into Midgardsormr, one of the NA worlds.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1138499676619984896

The devs actually interact with players from all regions. Sure it is definitely easier for them to interact with the JP players for obvious reasons, but they doesn't mean they completely ignore the other regions. Rather, they try pretty hard to interact with their players globally. FFXIV has a unified service across its various region that allows anyone to play in any region from any region. From my experience, the sentiment with FFXIV is that the devs care about the entire player base, regardless of region.

Also worth noting that there isn't a separate JP service with an IP block to keep foreigners out in FFXIV but there is on NGS; which is pretty much spitting in the face of all of the oversea players that helped support PSO2 in the many years before Global came out.

Edit:

Though I guess there is one good news for Sega:

alt text

Nearly all of FFXIV's NA servers are currently congested (as of 9:56 EST 7/13/2021) so it is incredibly difficult to make characters in the game on the NA data center. Though the Eu and JP data centers are doing just fine so someone could just make a character on those servers.

@Wintermute9 said in Where the content sega?:

the next portion includes graph posting which includes me

It includes a graph. Others posted a graph. Four times I told you I was referring to them. You're literally ignoring what I've said because you need to, just to call me wrong. I'm sorry you don't like the truth but conversation doesn't work that way. I think we're done here.

[Quote chain assembled for context]

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Where the content sega?:

@Miraglyth said in Where the content sega?:

Lets agree to disagree then because i did state multiple times in this thread what needs to be done.

Then please link one of them, because after searching the only suggestion I can even find from you amidst a bunch of fighting is "Well Sega could at least release real Daily Quests.....that would help ALOT", and even that didn't really clarify what you would consider to be "real Daily Quests" (Tasks). If I missed a suggestion I'll happily discuss that. Failing that I'd like to hear your idea for daily tasks that would help ALOT. Really....really ?

I said they need to change exploration ares so that you can teleport into Lv20 ones (like the lv15 battle zones) that would fix the Gigantix problem. Thats one example i could find without searching so i hope you really searched.

I proved I searched with the link, so no worries there. As for this: I missed it because the post in question had the suggestion (demand) as a footnote to what was largely a complaint post. Ultimately still my bad though, and I'll hold my hand up to that one.

To put it bluntly though, if there were Rank 2 exploration sectors for the sole purpose of limiting the hours-long wait for gigantix spawns to level 20 characters, would you really stop saying the game is lacking content and think the content set until presumably December is fine? You've been sharing your thoughts here since a week before gigantix arrived and I don't get the impression you think a better implementation of gigantix alone would be enough content to last 5-6 months.

What I'm looking for are suggestions and discussion to set up a lasting gameplay loop for several months. Meanwhile to add to my list of criticisms of unproductive complaints, just scroll to the top of this page to get a series of massive screenshots. Is that really helpful?

@Misuran said in Where the content sega?:

The next tally is in [snip] Going from 1,291,169 to 1,993,019 is a difference of 701,850 points.

If we assume everyone who did it that day had only 2x 9th anniversary daily tasks, that would put the estimate at 350,925, which is quite an unlikely increase(possible, but unlikely) compared to the first day if I must be honest, so we'll have to assume there were also some who also did some limited-time tasks they never completed on day 1, did extras, and/or multiaccounted more counts of tasks.

Alternatively, we can use the 1,993,019 points and average it out to two days of which by the tally we had:

• 6 Daily 9th Anni. Tasks
  • 2 Weekly 9th Anni. Tasks
  • 4 Limited-Time 9th Anni. Tasks

So, on the assumption of the maximum 12(10+2) tasks per person done by the second tally, the average would put the number at ~166,085 distinct accounts across two days.

If we assume the average of 9(7+2) tasks per person, that would put it at ~221,447 across two days.

And if we assume the average of 7(5+2) tasks per person, that would put it at ~284,718 across two days.

Please correct me if I'm doing this wrong @Miraglyth , I'd really appreciate your input.

(Also, would it be better to create a new thread for the purpose of these weblink panel estimates?)

At a glance those numbers look fine yeah. It does get a bit tricky because some players will have played on day 1 only and either capped their seasonal points to 99,999 outright or lost interest in the event immediately without returning to do their daily tasks for subsequent days, and some will have deferred their Weekly and Limited-Time Tasks to complete later in the week.

We can still work out an absolute minimum number of different players at least; as of the latest available update that's 3,463,901 points over 6 (including the four-hour "day 0") days which is an absolute minimum of 115,463 different players if all of them got maximum points. Perhaps not as useful as the 129,117 day-one absolute minimum number, and I'm not entirely sure what that says about the declining gain we've been making in as time passes (701,850, then 553,006, then 501,289, then 416,587). I haven't really analysed that enough to say, and I agree that'd be better done in another topic.

But no matter how you slice is 115k~130k absolute minimum different players across the two services after the Steam chart post-launch decline has substantially finished levelling out is still a good statistic to put the 9k steam concurrent peak into perspective when some people might see that and think the game only has like 15k different players at all.

the selective quoting....

It isn't about being right or wrong it is about context.

And you just repeated something my last post to you went over in full...

But I admit this is a pointless back and forth so I'll end it here.

@Archetype-Luna

Though I guess there is one good news for Sega

Would Asmogolds streams be mostly responsible for this happening in the NA region? Although it seems FFXIV is doing a pretty decent job of maintaining it's new found growth. NGS however seems to still be declining albeit the incline is not as steap but is beginnig to stabalize towards PSO2 classic numbers in a month or 2, if this trend is correct based on steam it wouldn't seem that SEGA was able to garner much new players, if any at all if it begins to drift around 5-6k. but there is still still the next phase of the Event to give us an Idea of how many players may return. Also would like to see how many players return come the Winter update, that should give a good grasp of where the numbers/trend may remain going forward, but PSO2 did have a content acceleration of 10:1 In comparison to NGS but the numbers still declined anyways. This also seems to be inline with it dropping from its place in SEGA Sammies revenue report from one quarter to the next if that's the case.

@Miraglyth

I used the Gigantix as example to debunk your claim that i dont deliver on solutions. 😉

I also said that Sega needs to stop patching NGS like it still is a dungeon grawler which is in fact a solution for the content problem. So yeah i gave plenty of Solutions people just dont seem to understand them as such.

@Wintermute9 Another way to think of it is that FFXIV has been doing so many things right while WoW is doing so many things wrong that Asmongoold finally got around to trying it out, especially with all of the other WoW streamers moving over. Also, this didn't happen immediately upon Asmongold starting his streams. FFXIV just did so much right like actually punishing the stream snipers in Asmongold's streams, something that he originally said wouldn't happen.

As for winter, it may be a bit rough for Sega due to Endwalker launching in November and the Endwalker raids starting up around Christmas time. That winter update is going to be competing directly with Endwalker.

Admittedly, I am also lulling around while waiting for Endwalker. I'll be busy raiding and doing end game content when they drop the pso2 update. Sure I'll get around to checking it out, but I've already began branching out into other time wasting games. Guilty Gear Strive and Rocket League for competitive play. Final Fantasy 14, Divinity 2, Baldurs Gate 3, Phasmophobia and Subnautica for chilling. I'll probably try Amazon's New World and Ghost Hunter Corps on Steam.

The content was there, It wasn't amazing or long lasting, but it was there. Combat was exceptionally fun, but even the combat is now dulled by the lack of new things to test myself against. Now that I have completed everything I wanted to do in game, I find myself logging in less because I'm on these other games that hold my attention with plenty to do. (different genre's aside) I'll likely check out Braver, Defense quests and Bouncer on launch. But until then....

There was already a WoW exodus before Asmongold even tried FF14. Heaps of players are moving over to it. He most likely just further boosted their already growing numbers.

I'm just wondering where did all the money go?

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

They obviously went on to earn more and I get there are operating costs but PSO2 wasn't really in development anymore outside of NA localization and they were just working on NGS. So most development should be going toward NGS yet we launched with less than what a beta would provide in terms of content. Are the executives just putting all the money towards a raise?

I used the Gigantix as example to debunk your claim that i dont deliver on solutions. 😉

I also said that Sega needs to stop patching NGS like it still is a dungeon grawler which is in fact a solution for the content problem. So yeah i gave plenty of Solutions people just dont seem to understand them as such.

My claim was that you didn't bring any solutions to the overall problem i.e. lacking content. Fixing gigantix isn't going to solve that.

To say "NGS is a dungeon crawler" isn't a solution, it's just a description of the problem. A solution would be a description of what updates could include to establish a compelling gameplay loop that can survive dozens of hours of play. "Don't be a dungeon crawler" doesn't accomplish that. (It also contradicts your apparent recommendation of Universe in the other topic since you yourself called that a dungeon crawler and said a remaster of that would be popular.)

So... what should updates include? Realistic answers please. Obviously they can't just click their fingers and add 10 regions, 3 planets and a dozen new bosses by the end of the month.

@Miraglyth

I said NGS is patched like a Dungeon Crawler not that "it is" a Dungeon Crawler. <.<"

And yes a Remaster of Universe would be better despite it being a dungeon crawler because thats how low end NGS currently is. That however has nothing to do with each other because Universe can be patched like a dungeon crawler because IT IS a dungeon crawler.

So yeah patching the game like what it is would fix alot of the current content problems. And what kind of description is still needed ? I believe everyone here played enough games to understand how Open World games patch. So there is no need for me to explain that. Some people here even said NGS should have been released with the Desert and Mountain Area on release day because the current content is a beta at best. So people indeed do know what i mean so why descripe it ?