Where the content sega?

Imma just say it right now:

“PSO2/NGS is a co-op game”

If we was to go by this thought, everything starts to make more sense. :3

@RainGnyu said in Where the content sega?:

The only reason why numbers have fallen just a little is because it summer time and people are doing summer time stuff. This happen to every game around this season. So please stop the doomsday announcements.

Yeah sure it cause of summer lol keep telling you that. This game have no content why people should play it right now ? Also "number have fallen just a little" yeah sure

lolfail.PNG

In less than a month -80% players and you call that "a little". When a compagnie make a new game the point is to make a game who generate more money than the previous game, when most players leave your game one month after his release you can call that everything you want but its far from a success. Is New genesis a failure ? Right now ? Yes, BUT if SEGA do something about the content it can be better. Cause right now looking at the roadmap i see no point to play this game, maybe in 2 / 3 years. You can't deny that, the game have 0 content, turning around on a map poping pse burst it's just boring, Gigantix ? Done that for the SG and that it. What most players do right now ? Daily / Weekly, AFK emote in city and... That it. For theme park mmo players most mmo around have 2500% more content than NG. "Yeah but NG is not an mmo i just want quick combat and looting" go play warframe or destiny ( even if i'm not a fan of destiny) "yeah but i want some waifu" go play Genshin impact, you can find way better than NG easily in term of content. Just play something else and come back when NG have more content than 1 big empty map with 3 small area where you turn around. Also the lack of content is probably the point who come back the most in every forums even on Steam.

@XenoBladeX37645

sigh explaining the simple things is really.....kinda unfunny and shows how less people know about life.

A "Failure" is something once it does NOT reach the set "Goals". NGS FAILED to bring the new players Sega wanted. NGS FAILED to deliver a good start and NGS FAILED keeping the players from PSO2.

Just because something is still running does not mean its not a failure.We have a saying here in Germany :" Geld machst du mit dummen Menschen." Which translates into :" You make money with stupid people." As long as there are stupid people paying Segas games will run. I mean just look at the Sonic franchise. Turned into shit and the stupid hardcore fanbase still pays for it so Sega keeps Sonic going and going and going.

Regarding content, from what I see in this seasonal event we are limited to 100k points per week. I don't know why limiting us how much we might want to grind, yet leave the Gigantrix picnics. There's also the thing that once you do the quests, you don't get seasonal enemies marked so it gets cumbersome... And it seems the Glissen were 3* weapons? And not all weapon types are sold either?

I don't get it. I really don't. Oh well, this is the anniversary event...

@Aumires

Thats Segas illusion right now. Sega believes there are enough people farming for hours so the points are limited. Well lets see if the world wide playerbase (NS,EU and JP count together) manages the numbers or if this even will fail like the Twitter retweet events we had.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Where the content sega?:

@XenoBladeX37645

sigh explaining the simple things is really.....kinda unfunny and shows how less people know about life.

A "Failure" is something once it does NOT reach the set "Goals". NGS FAILED to bring the new players Sega wanted. NGS FAILED to deliver a good start and NGS FAILED keeping the players from PSO2.

Just because something is still running does not mean its not a failure.We have a saying here in Germany :" Geld machst du mit dummen Menschen." Which translates into :" You make money with stupid people." As long as there are stupid people paying Segas games will run. I mean just look at the Sonic franchise. Turned into shit and the stupid hardcore fanbase still pays for it so Sega keeps Sonic going and going and going.

Yeah...you lose me when you call folks who may just enjoy whats here stupid.

I have to ask, why are you still here? Cause I highly doubt you care to see this game succeed

@XenoBladeX37645

I am not calling people stupid for enjoying whats there. I call people stupid for paying for every single bit companys (in this case Sega) is giving them. So yeah nice try turning my words around but as far as i can tell most people here in this forum aint stupid and fall for that except one or two .....special cases. Also fun fact:" People that buy every crap are responsible for the birth of DLCs because they really wanted that one Horse with its nice Armour which does nothing." If people that ruin the gaming industrie aint stupid then what exactly should i call them ?

But its good that i lost you when i called people stupid because that means you did read everything before that and you didnt say anything against what i said so you accept the fact that what you said was wrong. You know you could just accept your mistake instead of posting yet another post that shows what a salty person you are right ?

Also why are you still there ? You support every bad descision Sega has to offer so you clearly wanna see this game die as soon as possible. I am pretty sure you are one of those persons who launched a huge celebration firework when Sega announced you need to purchase all your outfits again if you wanna use finger movements.And while the firework was launching you screamen :" TAKE MY MONEY SEGA !"

And you wanna tell me i dont wanna see the game succeed ? I wanna see it succeed long term not Wildstar term ya know.

Wildstar

My heart!

Stupid Wildstar with your stupid great over-hyping and your stupid let-down

Guess I'll go listen to Two Pistols and an Open Frontier again...

@Furious-0

To be fair the game itself wasnt the problem but the people behind it.

As i said i dont wanna NGS to be the next Wildstar where people praise the game while the problems are clear as day. Wildstar is the best example of what happens when people praise a game jut because they like it....they didnt like it enough as you can see.

@XenoBladeX37645

I am not calling people stupid for enjoying whats there. I call people stupid for paying for every single bit companys (in this case Sega) is giving them. So yeah nice try turning my words around but as far as i can tell most people here in this forum aint stupid and fall for that except one or two .....special cases. Also fun fact:" People that buy every crap are responsible for the birth of DLCs because they really wanted that one Horse with its nice Armour which does nothing." If people that ruin the gaming industrie aint stupid then what exactly should i call them ?

But its good that i lost you when i called people stupid because that means you did read everything before that and you didnt say anything against what i said so you accept the fact that what you said was wrong. You know you could just accept your mistake instead of posting yet another post that shows what a salty person you are right ?

Also why are you still there ? You support every bad descision Sega has to offer so you clearly wanna see this game die as soon as possible. I am pretty sure you are one of those persons who launched a huge celebration firework when Sega announced you need to purchase all your outfits again if you wanna use finger movements.And while the firework was launching you screamen :" TAKE MY MONEY SEGA !"

And you wanna tell me i dont wanna see the game succeed ? I wanna see it succeed long term not Wildstar term ya know.

First off, You lost me in terms of reading. This isnt about right and wrong. I dont need to stroke that on the internet like some here do. Secondly this isnt the place to talk about people who buy alot in games. This is about NGS content. Take that drivel elsewhere.

Also PLEASE find and quote in this thread where ive supported the decisions they have made with NGS? If ANYTHING ive said multiple times to voice what you feel is wrong but then give the devs time to address it. Idk what it is with you people and making assumptions but its hilarious. "Oh you dont crap on the game like I do? You arent echoing what I am saying about this game? You must be of of those who worship it then". Lmao makes no sense.

I didnt tell you you dont want it too, I said I highly doubt that you do. (Which I still stand by).

Now back to the point of the topic once again. CONTENT

@XenoBladeX37645

Yes i know i lost you in terms of reading. Does not change the fact that you did read everything before that just as i said. 😉

And you voiced multiple times that we should voice what we feel is wrong right ? Then why do you comment on what we say by saying we are wrong ? Which as a result means you defend Sega btw.

But yes lets get back to the Content shall we ? Lets see how long the event will keep people invested into the game.

No need to keep arguing about this tbh, facts don't lie. Just look at how the region mags are never or rarely full, market already dead for weapons, armors, augments, etc.. only thing sells are AC cosmetic. People are leaving, they can fan it all they want but the number shows.

And for those who keep saying is been like that on jp for 8 years. Well guess what, just because is fine over there with how little time they can play and how much patience they have dosent mean it works on global.

We have more time and choices on global, so if doesn't work everyone is just gonna move on, which is the case right now.

@someone-1

Well some people returned for the Event tho. However half of my clan and friend list left again already because lets be honest:" The rewards are crap." They got the SG,Stamp and Ribbon and left again. The Reactors will be done while doing Dailys anyway.

So yeah the rewards could be more.....rewarding i guess.

@Naomao

You ah..You do know we can see the time of your post, and see when that image was taken, right?

So I'm going to be the one to ask - did you really just take a picture of Steam Charts when the servers just went up to try to prove a point that the game has no one playing? Because if you did, while I admit I have to tip my hat off to the dedication in trolling... You can't really think people are going to be THAT stupid to not look at the time you made that post, or actually look at steam charts themselves to see that the only time those numbers were possible was when the servers, quite literally, just came back up.

I believe the phrase "Big off" is what you kids use these days?

@Naomao

Yeah sure it cause of summer lol keep telling you that. This game have no content why people should play it right now ? Also "number have fallen just a little" yeah sure

Literally none of that guys propositions ever have any basis in reality.

2021-07-07 (2).png

As we enter the summer, we can see from this chart even though NGS was able to eclipse the others in its all time peak as a new release, it dropped at a ridiculous rate of change in less then a month, whilst going into the summer however others are either seeing good amounts of growth(as someone mentioned FFXIV reaching its all time peak whilst also BDO seeing a decent ammount of growth.) or staying consistent with their numbers(ESO), even non MMORPG/ONLINE RPGS like DOTA2 saw growth . None of the comparisons have a slope proportional to NGS, so no dropping off at this magnitude(80%) isn't a "summer time reason" its unique to NGS.

Now as to the topic in question. If people would stop deflecting and making up poor excuses, maybe the actual discussion of content can be engaged.

@Blade-Syphon He stated 80% decrease, hes most likely referring to the 24 peak numbers, not the playing numbers which was during or right after maintenance.