Where the content sega?

I don’t see a problem and why are your issues the whole community issues. I like what Sega is doing and enjoying all the content. All I read is unnecessary complain just to gather attention.

Aside from the lagging and noticeable broken mechanic that they have already addressed a fix is in progress. Why are your issues the whole community issues.

I like that they don’t have expert match-making and or locking rooms because it both can be an alienated community aspect. I can understand the want but sometimes it can hurt the heart and soul of the game. The game is supposed to bring us together as a whole. Not create a click base environment in my personal opinion. Well not at least this early in the game.....peanut butter and jelly concept.

@RainGnyu huh?

How is hemorrhaging player numbers considered "my issue" and not a community issue? How is the lack of basic content loops to keep more players engaged and playing "my issue" and not a community issue? Nobody is asking for expert matchmaking here. We're asking for more things for people to do, and specifically do together and work towards that isn't based around a hidden timer (storms/UQ). None of these things should have even been something to ask for in a modern game. Sega literally has decades of other company's successes and failures to build upon within this genre. It's like they're trying to reinvent the wheel and are still at the stage of making it a circle so it can actually keep moving.

@Pariah-Chan

They wont learn a lesson because there is no lesson for them to learn.

The sad reality is that Sega JP indeed never wanted PSO to be released on a global scale because they knew exactly this would happen. NA/EU players want content they can waste time into while JP people dont have that much time and are pleased with slow content where there is no stress at all. Sega knew that and Sega was right. So the only lesson Sega learns will be that they told us so.

I mean being completely honest here base PSO2 had very little content for a Nine year old game and Sega knew that it wasnt much for NA/EU players. PSO was and by the looks of it will be a game focused on people with less time. I really hoped with the global release Sega would create a good open world game but it really turned out to be Eidolon as i predicted it would be.

@Nasar

Well Sega could at least release real Daily Quests.....that would help ALOT. The current dailys we got aint worth doing after you got 20 for the weekly 200k. As i said before this feels like a Beta done by some Indie developers and not a huge game company. But thats mostly Segas mistake by focusing on a playerbase with less time. If it is really Segas wish to please the JP community and fail on the global scale than thats their decision.

I mean Sega has still some time until other titles release people really cant wait to get their fingers on. However if Sega does not get the corner until that happens then PSO Global wont turn 3 years old or will be put on life support by a couple hundred whales which just cant let go. So yeah i predict that PSO Global will see its turning point near the end of 2022. If it turns out alive or dead is in Segas hands.

And yes 2022 is pretty realistic aswell given the increase and decrease of players the whole last year and since the NGS release. New games by nature only have 1 year until people commpletely lose all interest.

@Nasar said in Where the content sega?:

@RainGnyu huh?

How is hemorrhaging player numbers considered "my issue" and not a community issue? How is the lack of basic content loops to keep more players engaged and playing "my issue" and not a community issue? Nobody is asking for expert matchmaking here. We're asking for more things for people to do, and specifically do together and work towards that isn't based around a hidden timer (storms/UQ). None of these things should have even been something to ask for in a modern game. Sega literally has decades of other company's successes and failures to build upon within this genre. It's like they're trying to reinvent the wheel and are still at the stage of making it a circle so it can actually keep moving.

Being word dramatic (hemorrhaging) is not going to strengthen your personal issue. Like I said before, I am finding plenty of content and enjoying myself! I don’t see this hemorrhaging player base unless you are talking about increasing numbers.........I guess they are bleeding inwards. I just don’t personally see it and feel some people are just looking for attention and trying bandwagon the community. Soon we will be talking about some other game in comparison and that’s when the real attention/intentions will show.

I want to play Sega’s game not yours!

@Pariah-Chan said in Where the content sega?:

The issue here is they won’t just close it for NA, they’ll close it everywhere for underperforming.

The galling part is if that happens, no lessons will be learned. They’ll never figure out where it went wrong and this is why we’re in this mess to begin with. XD

Thing is we don't have numbers for anywhere but steam

@RainGnyu said in Where the content sega?:

Being word dramatic (hemorrhaging) is not going to strengthen your personal issue.

No, it's not overly dramatic when looking at the numbers. When in one week you lose 6k players when in total (on steam alone) we went from 26,024 on our second Saturday to19,733 this past Saturday. Every new game loses players from their initial launch. That is not at all what I am comparing to. I am comparing weekend to weekend numbers and comparing that to similar MMOs to have hit the market. NGS is doing far worse than any of them when looking at percentages. This is a niche game so no point comparing actual numbers because that would be unfair to Sega entirely.

I don’t see this hemorrhaging player base unless you are talking about increasing numbers.........I guess they are bleeding inwards. I just don’t personally see it and feel some people are just looking for attention and trying bandwagon the community.

That's the nice thing about multiple blocks and rooms restricted to 32 and 8. You can literally have hardly any players and the game can feel alive. It was a good choice on Sega's behalf to do this for that reason and as ironic as it is to say - server stability. You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but this isn't good for the long term health of the game at all. I'd love to see your evidence of increasing numbers btw. Because I literally have them right here in front of me and you're free to see them yourself on steamcharts.

Lastly, where the hell do you come off saying something like "I want to play Sega's game and not yours!" as if to accuse I or anyone else of wanting to destroy what Sega has presented us. Nobody is asking to take away from what you have already. People are asking Sega add to it and make it better and more engaging for a wider player base and some even giving opinions as to how they can achieve that. Nobody here has control over Sega's design decisions so no matter what you get it'll be "Sega's game" even if they start implementing anything that's been suggested.

Now the game has 10k players at peak times…wow

Two weeks ago it was at 60k

@SalutexMO said in Where the content sega?:

Do note that steam does not make the majority of the player base as it does not include windows store, epic, and Xbox player base.

@AlexOak said in Where the content sega?:

Do note that steam does not make the majority of the player base as it does not include windows store, epic, and Xbox player base.

I’m willing to bet there are more players on steam than all those platforms combined. Even if it isn’t, if steam is any indicator of player’s interests, then this game is dying extremely fast on all platforms.

This game is simply unfinished. People are tired of sega’s antics and these numbers show that.

This game is literally anthem

@AlexOak said in Where the content sega?:

I’m willing to bet there are more players on steam than all those platforms combined. Even if it isn’t, if steam is any indicator of player’s interests, then this game is dying extremely fast on all platforms.

This game is simply unfinished. People are tired of sega’s antics and these numbers show that.

This game is literally anthem

You don't have numbers so assumptions are meaningless.

I also love the comparisons to Anthem. Thats such an off base comparison lmao

@Nasar See, the others should have warned you about Rain. This dude goes into topics he has no personal interest in, and if it is bad talking SEGA, even if the conversation is valid, he always sees his personal opinion as the highest priority, and puts others down immediately, without offering any credible, or even remotely constructive debating point or criticism of the views he's putting down. He always resorts to calling it a bandwagon, or in more extreme cases, he'll resort to claiming people are being brainwashed.

Now while I'm more patient in regards to the content drip in general, I can agree that the execution of the content we do have is a bit jankey, something Rain will never admit to, because apart from things nobody could argue against, he will never hear the other persons side. He's always right, never wrong, and you can't ever get him to concede that any of his views may have been misguided. When defeated, he usually resorts to baseless attacks of character, and then eventually he drops out of the conversation.

Being word dramatic (hemorrhaging) is not going to strengthen your personal issue.

No, it's not overly dramatic when looking at the numbers. When in one week you lose 6k players when in total (on steam alone) we went from 26,024 on our second Saturday to19,733 this past Saturday. Every new game loses players from their initial launch. That is not at all what I am comparing to. I am comparing weekend to weekend numbers and comparing that to similar MMOs to have hit the market. NGS is doing far worse than any of them when looking at percentages. This is a niche game so no point comparing actual numbers because that would be unfair to Sega entirely.

I don’t see this hemorrhaging player base unless you are talking about increasing numbers.........I guess they are bleeding inwards. I just don’t personally see it and feel some people are just looking for attention and trying bandwagon the community.

That's the nice thing about multiple blocks and rooms restricted to 32 and 8. You can literally have hardly any players and the game can feel alive. It was a good choice on Sega's behalf to do this for that reason and as ironic as it is to say - server stability. You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but this isn't good for the long term health of the game at all. I'd love to see your evidence of increasing numbers btw. Because I literally have them right here in front of me and you're free to see them yourself on steamcharts.

Lastly, where the hell do you come off saying something like "I want to play Sega's game and not yours!" as if to accuse I or anyone else of wanting to destroy what Sega has presented us. Nobody is asking to take away from what you have already. People are asking Sega add to it and make it better and more engaging for a wider player base and some even giving opinions as to how they can achieve that. Nobody here has control over Sega's design decisions so no matter what you get it'll be "Sega's game" even if they start implementing anything that's been suggested.

You also not accounting the seasonal effect. It summer times and people are getting out more now because convid restriction are easing up. Plus these so called numbers are easily misconstrued because of different platforms availability. Also don’t you lean in with the other game comparison........don’t do it. I feel it coming!

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Where the content sega?:

We've been over this. Assumptions can be made because these are the trends all platforms will share to some extent which is only logical. The ONLY time you will see a platform buck a trend is if they get some sort of promotion or sale putting the game back into the limelight momentarily for new players to notice or old players to consider returning.

@RainGnyu Seasonal effect is literally where you can compare to other games you blessed child you. And I hate to tell you this, but Sega chose to release at the start of summer. It's their wallet that gets hit by that decision as you will have additional falloff as you point out. However, seasonal falloff does not explain what we are seeing entirely. Not even freaking close and it's a serious joke for you to suggest that especially since you literally just tried telling us all that numbers were increasing. Just sit down, shut up, get some facts, then come back and try to argue a coherent point. Or better yet, don't argue at all. Come back with ideas that can make the game flourish.

All I read is unnecessary complain just to gather attention.

Yup, that sums up your posts pretty nicely.

Lastly, where the hell do you come off saying something like "I want to play Sega's game and not yours!"

Don't bother, he's not interested in actually discussing the subject matter at hand. Notice how he just ignored the questions you asked him? His "I want to play Sega’s game not yours!" already shows that he didn't even bother to read your post as you didn't bring up anything specific you want to see implemented / changed that would warrant such a statement.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Where the content sega?:

We've been over this. Assumptions can be made because these are the trends all platforms will share to some extent which is only logical. The ONLY time you will see a platform buck a trend is if they get some sort of promotion or sale putting the game back into the limelight momentarily for new players to notice or old players to consider returning.

@RainGnyu Seasonal effect is literally where you can compare to other games you blessed child you. And I hate to tell you this, but Sega chose to release at the start of summer. It's their wallet that gets hit by that decision as you will have additional falloff as you point out. However, seasonal falloff does not explain what we are seeing entirely. Not even freaking close and it's a serious joke for you to suggest that especially since you literally just tried telling us all that numbers were increasing. Just sit down, shut up, get some facts, then come back and try to argue a coherent point. Or better yet, don't argue at all. Come back with ideas that can make the game flourish.

Yes we have been over this. And I'm only being factual here. Until we see numbers ALL it is is just assumptions. So you can only factually speak for steam which may or may not be where the majority are. If you can't accept that then idk what else to tell you