Where the content sega?

@Zeke said in Where the content sega?:

Same I would love to know how these supposed people got to 20 in a day as well as get all NGS 4* items with the best augments and fully enhanced with potentials.

To answer for them they haven't. They're looking for excuses to not play the content they apparently don't like.

I agree!

@Wintermute9

I mean, that seems to be the standard people are comparing NGS' "lack of content" too in this topic and other topics. I mean, if apparently PSO had more content because it had four difficulties, including Ultimate, than that should mean that the Tier 2 difficulties for the Battle Regions also qualify too.

Or, are we moving goal posts now because suddenly it doesn't count for reasons?

This is kind of the point I'm getting at - people are screaming NGS has no content at launch, when it has roughly the same amount of content as any of the online Phantasy Star games had at launch. This is simply how Sega, and japanese developers in general, handle their MMO launches. They start with a small amount of content, and add more and more over a steady period of time.

And before the inevitable "b-b-b-b-b-but FFXIV!" argument - yes, it had a 20-30 hour story campaign that was primarily cutscenes, and filled to the brim with generic fetch and kill quests, and zones that, once you finished the story campaign, were basically pointless to go back to unless you were leveling another Job (and even then, you would just use Fates as a stop gap between queing for dungeons). And let us not forget that at endgame, ARR had a whopping Two dungeons, one single raid, and three EX-Trials. That's it, there's your end game. Compare that to, say, WoW, when it launched, and it doesn't even compare. But that's how Japanese developers operate with MMOs.

If there's not enough content right now in NGS to appease your clearly high standards, just..wait? The game's free to play, you have literally nothing to lose getting to the current cap, getting a set of 4* gear, and saying "Cool, I did enough for now". This isn't like XIV, where you're tired to a terrible housing system and paying a sub every month to keep it.

NGS, just like PSO2, PSU, and even PSO before it, are all very clearly defined as casual, pick up and play, online RPGs. The games have never been designed around binging for eight hours straight trying to min/max your character. The option is there, obviously, but it's not the kind of game they are.

@Blade-Syphon

Smh this fandom really do attach themselves to this game to much.

You are the 2nd person to claim I'm moving the goal post based on wild theories made by what other people said...based on what? Quote me where I originally layed out the goal.

And again They bring up FFXIV when I never said anything about it. Man you people sure do have an inferiority complex when it comes to this game.

And fine, if you want to lay that out for ARR. Even with the cherry picking your doing, That's still WAY more then what's offered here and when we take into consideration what you omit like side story quest for jobs, 17 or so dungeons, Trials, a 5 series Raid with actual mechanics, multiple large zones filled with fleshed out towns, cities, villages, outpost all containing quest filled with background lore, it completely blows this game out of the water(Also ARR story seemed much longer to me then that, I remember clocking somewhere around 50-60 hours for MSQ only). The story here is like a handful of quest and is about 2-5 hours long bloated by BP gateing. Like something out of a mobile game, one empty region with the same mobs, next to no side quest, no dungeons, 3 tiny combat sectors, a pultry amount of bosses, Pultry endgame , towers with the same linear vector VR design and contains the same mobs you fight everywhere else. 1 main hub the size of an outpost in ffxiv, NGS is the equivalent of FFXIV ARR ending at the waking sands and telling you to just go kill the same mobs in ONE tiny region. if you are going to play this game that XIV content launch is in the same vain as NGS you are only fooling yourself, I just dont know what to tell you at this point. that's all I'm saying about that, but remember I never brought it up, you did.

EDIT: How did I even miss the fact that you just randomly compared FFXIV to WOW when we are talking about PSO2. This is just getting sad, clearly you Arr just reaching hard for a crutch at this point

It's funny how hard you people try to reach, literally someone told me WOW was lacking in content similar to NGS, now someone else tells me it was very big in content department.

The thing is I try to take you people seriously but when you make Olympic lvl mental gymnastics ike this it's hard to do so.

Speaking of WoW that would be another more content rich game then this. NGS is the equivalent of WoW ending at the Barrens.

Yes WoW did have a bit more in the endgame department, and even so FFXIVARR still has WAY more to offer content wise then NGS and did not take me 8-10 hours to get to "endgame" not to.mention how empty the game itself with nothing else besides fighting the same HP sponge then you fight those same HP spunge at Endgame again but this time BLOATED higher.but yeah nice reaching But no. That's not "how Japanese operate"

That's how a minimal Viable products like PSO2 and SEGA who cut corners alot Operate when making games, see Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles and its constant reuse of assets. SEGA as a whole really love to cut corners and never invest much capital into their games development wise.

For every one defender that says Phantasy Star Online is suppose to be casual layed back, another states its suppose to be a mindless Hardcore Grind. If we want to make up excuses fine but at least sit down and decide what the excuse will be and be consistent with it.

It doesnt take crazy high standards to tell this content pool is lacking, this feels like a conceptual alpha of a game planned to be released in like 2 years, even for a free to play game. Free to play doesn't free a game from scrutiny, it's still a product not a charity.

PSO doesnt exist Its own personal bubble. The gaming market moves and I'm not basing it of games from it's own series from decades ago that are completely outdated.

If you like the game cool. But the content pool and depth just ain't there yet

@Wintermute9

the "real content" comes in winter and most probably this year already - thats a fact coming from the road map where we get an additional region - yes a region not just "one part of the map" - like aelio is considered a region (example north south west central forest magnus etc)

on the way to winter we will get some smaller updates to keep the people busy with new stuff

for those interested check premium ticket description and youll notice something...yes it might be one of those "lazy translations" but if its not...we will get housing too and with it hopefully new (talking from a pso2 perspective since ngs doesn have any) features for alliances

why they do it this way: because they stated themselfs that they need time and already mentioned they are being sorry (check their youtube videos for more infos on this) even huge games like ff14 are doing the same thing right now (you can guess the reasons why) - releasing patches as a x.5 ... if we look at the latest "update" it was so small i was done with it in 4 days of grinding and happy that ngs was on its way

should they release the game in winter rather than now and include more beta/stress tests on its way - probably yes if you look at the bugs and performance issues and things that could have been avoided - did they rush the release? it feels like it and they might have done better by releasing the game in winter starting with the lv 35 cap

but they decided not to - and i take it - kinda happy being able to play the game even with all the lag and bugs its facing right now cause i would have to lie if been like the guys constantly making new threads or reply in every thread that the game is shiet and theyll quit cause this and that - does SEGA need time to fix things on their end and will they fix it...yea of course they have to if they dont want their game to slowly hide back in its niche genre

my personal experience from pso2 ngs: it is fun to play - i like the combat - i like exploring stuff (got my last red box yesterday night without using google.com for help help help...doing it in a party of 2 not alone tho) i enjoy hunting vets with a full raid....i enjoy farming the diff combat sectors for more augments and hoping to get some rare drops....i feel satisfied right now and feel like im having still alot of stuff to do and prepare for until the next big update comes

@Wintermute9 said in Where the content sega?:

@Blade-Syphon

Smh this fandom really do attach themselves to this game to much.

You are the 2nd person to claim I'm moving the goal post based on wild theories made by what other people said...based on what? Quote me where I originally layed out the goal.

And again They bring up FFXIV when I never said anything about it. Man you people sure do have an inferiority complex when it comes to this game.

And fine, if you want to lay that out for ARR. Even with the cherry picking your doing, That's still way more then what's offered here and when we take into consideration what you omit like side story quest for jobs, 17 or so dungeons, Trials, a 5 series Raid with actual mechanics, multiple large zones filled with fleshed out towns, cities, villages, outpost all containing quest filled with background lore, it completely blows this game out of the water(Also ARR story seemed much longer to me then that, I remember clocking somewhere around 50-60 hours for MSQ only). The story here is like a handful of quest and is about 2-5 hours long bloated by BP gateing. Like something out of a mobile game, if you are going to play this game that XIV content launch is in the same vain as this, I just dont know what to tell you at this point. that's all I'm saying about that, but remember I never brought it up, you did.

For every one defender that says Phantasy Star Online is suppose to be casual layed back, another states its suppose to be a mindless Hardcore Grind. If we want to make up excuses fine but at least sit down and decide what the excuse will be and be consistent with it.

It doesnt take high standards to tell this content pool is lacking, this feels like a conceptual alpha of a game planned to be released in like 2 years, even for a free to play game. Free to play doesn't free a game from scrutiny, it's still a product not a charity.

PSO doesnt exist Its own personal bubble. The gaming market moves and I'm not basing it of games from it's own series from decades ago that are completely outdated.

If you like the game cool. But the content pool and depth just ain't there yet

I have no horse in this race, but I just wanna say if your 5-series raid is referring to Binding Coil of Bahamut, the second of the series only released in Patch 2.2. Not on the release of ARR which was 2.0. FFXIV ARR (2.0) was August 2013. FFXIV ARR (2.2) was March 2014. Heavensward only came out 2 years later (2015), where the last 2.x patch was 2.57 on may 2015. It took almost 2 years for FFXIV ARR to have that much "launch content" if you're confusing 2.57 with 2.0. Edit: Apologies, I might be wrong on the binding coil part, verification needed.

Similarly, for those other people (maybe not in this thread but they exist) arguing that genshin had more content on launch, I hope they remember how week 1 of launch was, and are not actually comparing month 4 or current genshin.

Should we have more content? Sure, probably. But please don't exaggerate some comparisons.

@JuggernautGTX said in Where the content sega?:

@Wintermute9

the "real content" comes in winter and most probably this year already - thats a fact coming from the road map where we get an additional region - yes a region not just "one part of the map" - like aelio is considered a region (example north south west central forest magnus etc)

on the way to winter we will get some smaller updates to keep the people busy with new stuff

for those interested check premium ticket description and youll notice something...yes it might be one of those "lazy translations" but if its not...we will get housing too and with it hopefully new (talking from a pso2 perspective since ngs doesn have any) features for alliances

why they do it this way: because they stated themselfs that they need time and already mentioned they are being sorry (check their youtube videos for more infos on this) even huge games like ff14 are doing the same thing right now (you can guess the reasons why) - releasing patches as a x.5 ... if we look at the latest "update" it was so small i was done with it in 4 days of grinding and happy that ngs was on its way

should they release the game in winter rather than now and include more beta/stress tests on its way - probably yes if you look at the bugs and performance issues and things that could have been avoided - did they rush the release? it feels like it and they might have done better by releasing the game in winter starting with the lv 35 cap

but they decided not to - and i take it - kinda happy being able to play the game even with all the lag and bugs its facing right now cause i would have to lie if been like the guys constantly making new threads or reply in every thread that the game is shiet and theyll quit cause this and that - does SEGA need time to fix things on their end and will they fix it...yea of course they have to if they dont want their game to slowly hide back in its niche genre

my personal experience from pso2 ngs: it is fun to play - i like the combat - i like exploring stuff (got my last red box yesterday night without using google.com for help help help...doing it in a party of 2 not alone tho) i enjoy hunting vets with a full raid....i enjoy farming the diff combat sectors for more augments and hoping to get some rare drops....i feel satisfied right now and feel like im having still alot of stuff to do and prepare for until the next big update comes

Honestly this sums it up nicely. People also need to remember this is a FREE TO PLAY game. You don't need to play it non-stop for weeks, if not months, on end. Not losing anything by playing now nor will you lose anything by waiting until winter to play it.

People act as if the world is ending. Criticism is fine, but blatant lies and trolling isn't criticism.

@Misuran

Well good on you for Editing, but no you are just listing patch numbers and not even stating what is and was not in each.

EDIT : Clarification when I said 5 series I meant the 5 Turns in the series and there are 3 cycles. So there aren't 5 actual raids in the Binding Coil only 3, and no the first released in 2.0 at launch

Binding coil released in 2.0. Here is the link which contains turn 1-5 stating the patch release 2.0. These were very tough, took weeks to world first down Twintania alone. Oh How I long for the raid series quality and challenge of 2.X.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Binding_Coil_of_Bahamut_-_Turn_1

Perhaps you are referring to Binding coil 2 which was released in 2.2, and then 2.4 released the final one.

No the content pool I am referring to is not 2.57

all of the listed content level cap 1-50, 17 I had said but it was actually 16 dungeons(3 bosses each). 3 trails: Ifrit, Garuda, Titan and containing endgame Hard versions(with new mechanics as well not just bloated HP) as plus 1 trail Cape Westwind. Multiple fates/world bosses Guildhest(14 mini dungeons or boss fight), Guildleves(repeatable quest). Grand Company Task and objectives with it's own Ranks and rewards, the 27 zones to explore located in the regions Thanalan, La Noscea, Black shroud Mor Dhona and Coerthas, 3 capital cities and multiple towns, villages, outpost, ports etc. And all the subsequent quest Job quest(with their own side story for every available class/Job) and Gathering and crafting with their own mechanics leveling system gear and side story as well .side quest plus the Main scenario quest(which spanned 50-60 hours) . All available quest spanning over Hundreds of quest a great chunk contain lore which fleshed out the world and gave a alternative mean of lvling. All available at launch(2.0) Wheather you like the questing or not is purely subjective, at least that option was available in a grand quantity and as a means for those who would make use of them. NGS however it doesnt its just pultry in comparison, it lacks all those major areas and makes up for it in no where else...

Here is the link

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Patch_2.0

It was very Content rich.

Hell the Beta of FFXIVARR was more content rich then this game.

I wonder if you people actually played ARR at launch before even assuming it was lacking in content...

I am not here to pay lip service for XIV But I dont understand this. why are you people trying so hard to downplay other games launch content when they were there and developed.

It is not exaggerating its valid, it blows NGS out of the water. Again 5-10 hours you have seen practically all NGS has to offer content wise. If Final Fantasy XIV ARR had launched as barebones as this game and considering the subscription model it would not exist now. It would have shut down for a 2nd time and probably for good

@JuggernautGTX sorry missed your reply.

That is Fine, yes I have seen the roadmap,it doesnt look very remarkable but I will hold all reservation. If it's anything like base pso2 then I am not expecting a whole lot but very sparce content drip feeding.

But again I am judging the game as to what it is NOW that SEGA choose to release as a launch product, not based on theorycrafting of what it might or ought to be in some point in the future. We will cross that bridge when we get there but again this is still a product not a charity releasing in a already saturated market competing for game time and payment, and I will treat it as such, It doesnt get it's own special treatment and rule.

Ill wait til winter when the "real content" is here which already implies that there is no real content there atm. I am looking forward to enjoying this game with all of my alliance members and people of my friends list gone because that is exactly what happened to og pso2. But if we are lucky we have 10k players left on steam by then. Also I never said the affix grind is fast but the lvl grind. It takes 5 hours from 16-20 at most if you are running with a good group. But apparently people that didn't even know there are rank 2 areas call me a liar. Thanks to Wintermute9 for being real and not a braindead fanboy. Everyone else deserves this trash game. Nothing will ever change by defending this unfinished garbage for no reason. There is also no point in griding units when bringing gods units from og pso2 because you get insanely good potency boosts.

@Wintermute9 said in Where the content sega?:

@JuggernautGTX sorry missed your reply.

That is Fine, yes I have seen the roadmap,it doesnt look very remarkable but I will hold all reservation. If it's anything like base pso2 then I am not expecting a whole lot but very sparce content drip feeding.

But again I am judging the game as to what it is NOW that SEGA choose to release as a launch product, not based on theorcrafting of what it might or ought to be in some point in the future. We will cross that bridge when we get there but again this is still a product not a charity releasing in a already saturated market competing for game time and payment, and I will treat it as such, It doesnt get it's own special treatment and rule.

I like the drip feed concept!

I didn’t want to bring it up because I really dislike the comparison between JP and ours discussion. But didn’t their version last about 9 years before it was released in NA? We wanted it so bad over here with all the same content with no censorship, so shouldn’t we want the drip feed content concept just as much?

Maybe they didn’t want our complicated complaining culture taking away the community cohesion art work they are putting in to creating our fun fielded environment.

Just breath and enjoy the ride! Look at NGS clouds and tell me what you see.

We are just starting and hopefully, you understand that we cannot push the contents in a flash as we try to improve the game. I would suggest that you should try to explore the game more first, try to look up for some things that might help us to make the game better. You can also check the base PSO2 for its updated graphics or check the new features of the salon. I think there is so much to do while we wait for the new contents to arrive.

@RainGnyu we still have the censorship in place, so being drip fed content as well seems like a slap in the face.

Could be worse tho: they recently IP banned anyone using a VPN on the JP version. :3

@GM-Phantasma said in Where the content sega?:

I think there is so much to do while we wait for the new contents to arrive.

No, there really isn't and the jp devs. are at fault for that. If they know that it takes a decent amount of time to get out new content then they should have taken this into account when designing the current one. The gear progression is almost completely deprived of all horizontality. Content is there but often times the replay value is not, the game has several bosses and and minibosses scattered throughout the open world. Do they have any item drops with unique effects to offer? No? Well then looks like I can safely ignore them and stick to my 4* stat stick. Oh wait, there are several Towers and Cocoons. So, do they have anything interesting to offer aside from the initial clear? No, they don't even give you exp or any drops at all. I could go on but the problem should be clear by now, "not content" might just be bad phrasing from people who fail to put their grievances into words but there are some issues here where the devs. just dropped the ball.

@GM-Phantasma said in Where the content sega?:

You can also check the base PSO2

Speaking of which it would be nice if we could get the missing exchanges for it (e.g. Rinser weapons for Weapon Badges) and new exchanges for currently unavailable items such as the Aether F. / Mana Rev. capsules.

We’ll have to see how their roaming Eidolon on the 23rd holds up, cuz after that, it’s just the same stuff in a different locale. Just a jump up of lvl, maybe one more star rarity, but the same type of cocoons and towers that doable once.

It just feels like NGS is built on a weak primise, and god help NGS if dungeons fail to deliver when they release... o_o