Where the content sega?

@Gilver-Redgrave said in Where the content sega?:

@Ki-Rin

Which brings up the question why NGS turned into a desater. Because there was clearly nothing rushed. x)

Why do you think of it as a disaster?

@NIC said in Where the content sega?:

@HeebieJeebez said in Where the content sega?:

Ahh yeah, here we go - back to telling people that the content is running around in circles in one of three areas again.

Is the content fun? No. Is it boring? Yes.

Of what little content we have in the game, this is the hill you are going to die on?

People don't want boring content. Sega had the entire life of PSO2 & NGS' development to understand that, but they don't. Having people endlessly grind for a 0.5 potency increase in a game where that potency increase doesn't matter isn't really content, it's just padding in a game with nothing. Cocoons/Towers for example could have been fun dungeons with actual goals, instead they are nothing - they don't even offer gear/exp for completing them and you have no reason to ever do them again.

Not gonna respond to this cause ya cherry picked a quote and are trying to argue that thats all i said. Actually, I will. It sounds like you enjoy solo play in an mmo which is really hard to have fun with unless you like the grind for that .5% potency which by the way is the best thing to stack currently since there isnt enough crit rate or crit potency stacking in the game for crit to be anything more than FUN BIG NUMBER HAHA. So that goes against your whole idea that boring content isn't fun because if the rest of my quote was there, I would know you read it and understood you can do things because its an mmo to have fun. Of course its padding but there is nothing to reward it YET. Why would they release a BP 1400 UQ if you couldn't even do it until the next patch come out unless your willing to put in the time. As you said, no one wants to put in the time so why should they? Cocoons/towers give you skill points, probably the most important thing in the entire game, why would they give you more. And lastly the reason to do them again? It took me 45 minutes out of the hour time to beat the Daityl Sword one (yaya yuck it up but i did it underleveled af). First thing I did that wasn't gated by a random event spawning or waiting for others to get to 1400 too? That cocoon. I wanted to see how far I have come. Granted that last bits personal but if you do not like playing dps classes to do dps then idk man.

@HeebieJeebez

First of all you should read the other pages because everything you said by this point is irrelevant at this point in the discussion. Its all been there already.

nah

Second of all you dont know what content is right ?

Stuff you do that you enjoy doing? Talking with alliance members, grinding solo or as a group, fashion?

Why is leveling all classes content for you ?

How is it not?

Unlike Base PSO2 you gain "NOTHING" from this.

OK wait for it

Hell you dont even get anything from leveling up your sup class so leveling it to Lv20 is pretty much just a waste of time unless you wanna show some extra centimeters in E-Penis size.

Wait for it

Maybe we should also purchase all character slot and level all classes to Lv20 on all characters because thats content ?

Lmao what

Also you confuse "Goals" with "content". Goals are somethign you set for yourself because "YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO." So if you already set goals for yourself you pretty much prove the point that there is nothing left to do for you except challenging yourself. Once we get Titels for thatwe can call it content but right now its just...well....just doing it.

I mean i can set a goal for myself that i fap for every dirty symbol arte i see poping up and thats content in your understanding. After that i need a Doctor tho....and surgery. <.<"

K so you only attacked me personally without actually stating what "content" is. So I'll ask, what is content cause I obviously have a different meaning for it. If my goal is to beat content, then... then... thats content. Content to me is something you enjoy and have fun with while doing it. If I am practicing with my hopefully full build and trying to best myself with the content available, then I can make my own. Your idea of content is "something I do with incentive behind it" as you stated you get nothing from leveling other classes, chracters, and EVEN your sub class (oH no). SO we need to decided on what content means in the Title because everyone has their own opinion. With you're definition we will go with minecraft for a perfect example on why you are wrong. Minecraft's "content" is, well, nothing. Since content doesn't include "goals" as you put it, with nothing to do with an incentive other than, I don't know, running around in circles trying to get better mats, then there is no "content". With my definition it is literally the most content rich game since you can do anything you put your mind to. You are mad because I am guessing you came from NA PSO2 with 3-4 episodes on release, right? Then just go look at JP PSO2's launch lol, it was apparently worse.

Good meme at the end tho 10/10

Ahh yeah, here we go - back to telling people that the content is running around in circles in one of three areas again.

Of what little content we have in the game, this is the hill you are going to die on?

People don't want boring content. Sega had the entire life of PSO2 & NGS' development to understand that, but they don't. Having people endlessly grind for a 0.5 potency increase in a game where that potency increase doesn't matter isn't really content, it's just padding in a game with nothing. Cocoons/Towers for example could have been fun dungeons with actual goals, instead they are nothing - they don't even offer gear/exp for completing them and you have no reason to ever do them again.

Not gonna respond to this cause ya cherry picked a quote and are trying to argue that thats all i said. Actually, I will. It sounds like you enjoy solo play in an mmo which is really hard to have fun with unless you like the grind for that .5% potency which by the way is the best thing to stack currently since there isnt enough crit rate or crit potency stacking in the game for crit to be anything more than FUN BIG NUMBER HAHA.

Screenshot_7.png

New content will come out before Mastery 3 even hits the market, so I doubt I will get another upgrade on my weapon. I also don't enjoy playing solo, but me and my friends that I play with are stuck in "login for urgents" mode.

So that goes against your whole idea that boring content isn't fun because if the rest of my quote was there, I would know you read it and understood you can do things because its an mmo to have fun. Of course its padding but there is nothing to reward it YET. Why would they release a BP 1400 UQ if you couldn't even do it until the next patch come out unless your willing to put in the time.

No one said anything about 1400 BP. They could have easily put in actual hard enemies at launch that you needed gear to decently fight. They could have done literally anything that qould require groups - but they didnt.

As you said, no one wants to put in the time so why should they?

No one is putting in the time because it's boring, not fun, and not worth it. No one wants to play a game not to have fun. That's the issue.

Cocoons/towers give you skill points, probably the most important thing in the entire game, why would they give you more. And lastly the reason to do them again? It took me 45 minutes out of the hour time to beat the Daityl Sword one (yaya yuck it up but i did it underleveled af). First thing I did that wasn't gated by a random event spawning or waiting for others to get to 1400 too? That cocoon. I wanted to see how far I have come. Granted that last bits personal but if you do not like playing dps classes to do dps then idk man.

cocoons also have challenges, but those challenges are worthless because they mean absolutely nothing. Cocoons can also be done multi-player, but that's pointless because you can chuck yourself at all wall to get your skill point and never do it again becuase the objectives mean nothing. They seem half done, like everything else.

@Ryoga and yet a simple "read my post from page one" would suffice haha gotta love people who just do the same thing after you say it doesn't convince you. I am the same but maaaaaaaaaaan. You got it bad lol. Like I don't even know what the quote you're mentioning is cuz it's only half of it, which shows you aren't lazy but deliberately changing my words to better your argument. And from a gameplay perspective? fashion would be part of the gameplay since, your, uh playing uh um idk anymore.

Not gonna respond to this cause ya cherry picked a quote and are trying to argue that thats all i said. Actually, I will. It sounds like you enjoy solo play in an mmo which is really hard to have fun with unless you like the grind for that .5% potency which by the way is the best thing to stack currently since there isnt enough crit rate or crit potency stacking in the game for crit to be anything more than FUN BIG NUMBER HAHA.

Screenshot_7.png

Optimal Augs are Alts Secreta II instead of DK II i think, more pot, unless your going for more pp? Pot floor increase isn't that good imo but that's a different, more civil discussion haha

I also notice you are missing a weapon ability so maybe you should have worked towards that instead? Also 5 ex cubes my dude, except i understand for cattleya's, broke my heart to do it. And to quickly talk mastery 3 my buddy has just been focused on it and he will be getting before next content patch

New content will come out before Mastery 3 even hits the market, so I doubt I will get another upgrade on my weapon. I also don't enjoy playing solo, but me and my friends that I play with are stuck in "login for urgents" mode.

So that goes against your whole idea that boring content isn't fun because if the rest of my quote was there, I would know you read it and understood you can do things because its an mmo to have fun. Of course its padding but there is nothing to reward it YET. Why would they release a BP 1400 UQ if you couldn't even do it until the next patch come out unless your willing to put in the time.

No one said anything about 1400 BP. They could have easily put in actual hard enemies at launch that you needed gear to decently fight. They could have done literally anything that qould require groups - but they didnt.

BUT people are asking where is the content, which most would ask for in the forms of UQs or Dungeons with a BP requirement. And there are enemies in the game you need a group/gear to fight, Vets and timing cocoons. Implementing an open world fight that requires a group would be hard due to the fact we do not have a big open high level area. The game was designed to farm in certain locations and explore in others. Its different from PSO2. Players exploring are already complaining about running into vets and dying and not wanting to play. They can't outrun it since most aggro ranges on them are very far (which is bad do not get me wrong) and with the ability to have 32 people max on one place, the vets needed to be toned or up but you wouldn't be able to balance it.

As you said, no one wants to put in the time so why should they?

No one is putting in the time because it's boring, not fun, and not worth it. No one wants to play a game not to have fun. That's the issue.

That's just it I think. I am having fun and I am trying to explain why. But a blanket statement and refusal to listen to the other side stops the convo, you feel? I think the game is the way it is for people like me, and unfortunately not for others with my same mindset. Nothing wrong to them, we all have different tastes. Its also good to take breaks and not binge it.

Cocoons/towers give you skill points, probably the most important thing in the entire game, why would they give you more. And lastly the reason to do them again? It took me 45 minutes out of the hour time to beat the Daityl Sword one (yaya yuck it up but i did it underleveled af). First thing I did that wasn't gated by a random event spawning or waiting for others to get to 1400 too? That cocoon. I wanted to see how far I have come. Granted that last bits personal but if you do not like playing dps classes to do dps then idk man.

cocoons also have challenges, but those challenges are worthless because they mean absolutely nothing. Cocoons can also be done multi-player, but that's pointless because you can chuck yourself at all wall to get your skill point and never do it again because the objectives mean nothing. They seem half done, like everything else.

They are worthless because the game holds no worth for them after the first clear, sure. But it may seem half done cuz they are saving cooler ones for later? I will concede the cocoon point cuz im just crazy haha

@Ki-Rin

Which brings up the question why NGS turned into a desater. Because there was clearly nothing rushed. x)

No, it was definitely a rushed job if you want to consider it a full game. Getting announced last E3, holding beta tests only less than 6 months before release really don't have much time to fix anything. Even from the graphic engine update for PSO2 that was released in Feb was littered with bugs and not everything was fixed before NGS released.

Since it was mentioned, Blue Protocol - announced June 2019, had multiple alpha and beta tests + server stress test during 2020. Originally was suppose to be released May 27 but now it's again delayed to sometime "before the end of 2021". This is a more reasonable time frame, perhaps still too short for a game release.

Optimal Augs are Alts Secreta II instead of DK II i think, more pot, unless your going for more pp? Pot floor increase isn't that good imo but that's a different, more civil discussion haha

I also notice you are missing a weapon ability so maybe you should have worked towards that instead? Also 5 ex cubes my dude, except i understand for cattleya's, broke my heart to do it. And to quickly talk mastery 3 my buddy has just been focused on it and he will be getting before next content patch

I prefer Dread Keeper over Secreta, and I'm 100% not trying to get a level 5 Fixa attack weapon, that's pointless at this point. I'm not endlessly grinding for a 0.1% chance of a weapon having an augment I can't control. Floor Potency also isn't horrible at all.

I'll get my excubes when I get there. It's not worth running in circles to get 5 of them atm.

I prefer Dread Keeper over Secreta, and I'm 100% not trying to get a level 5 Fixa attack weapon, that's pointless at this point. I'm not endlessly grinding for a 0.1% chance of a weapon having an augment I can't control. Floor Potency also isn't horrible at all.

I'll get my excubes when I get there. It's not worth running in circles to get 5 of them atm.

then its all about how much you value the content rather than where it is. I have a lvl 5 Attack cuz I grinded for the meseta and sniped it for 2 mil. It's just gonna get harder so grinding now sets you up for a better future imo.

I also tried for Might III and the augment failed so I have to grind again.

then its all about how much you value the content rather than where it is. I have a lvl 5 Attack cuz I grinded for the meseta and sniped it for 2 mil. It's just gonna get harder so grinding now sets you up for a better future imo.

Attack 5 on your weapons wont matter by the time actual new crap to grind for comes out. It will just be the same circle anyways. Kill punching bags -> hope for that 0.1% drop -> kill more punching bags.

Nothing in the game warrants needing it. It's not like I've never had +2milion n-meseta anyways. No +5 Fixa weapon has existed on the market at a reasonable price for knuckles, and sega has made it so we can not contact sellers if interesting in buying anyways.

you aren't lazy but deliberately changing my words to better your argument

All you're doing here is complaining how I supposedly "deliberately changed your words to better my argument" yet you constantly fail show how any of this is actually the case. Which of your words have I "changed"? How would listing or not listing the fluff do anything to better / worsen my argument in the face of the conclusion you presented? Looks to me like you're just making a scene to be dismissive.

Attack 5 on your weapons wont matter by the time actual new crap to grind for comes out. It will just be the same circle anyways. Kill punching bags -> hope for that 0.1% drop -> kill more punching bags.

Nothing in the game warrants needing it. It's not like I've never had +2milion n-meseta anyways. No +5 Fixa weapon has existed on the market at a reasonable price for knuckles, and sega has made it so we can not contact sellers if interesting in buying anyways.

You don't "need" anything in this game because its almost all group oriented, so whatever you lack your teammates make up for. Grinding for that stuff will be quicker with +5% potency when it drops and I won't be restricted as quickly by BP because I grinded when I did. My knucks were a steal and I barely scraped together 2 mil but it did happen, it can happen, it really depends on how much you value your time. I do not work, go to school, or make an income. Laugh all you want but what I do have is stats haha so thats how I value my time. And I agree personal shop is really lame currently.

yet youre still responding my guy. No you didn't rearranged them or change out ones but you ommitted the points I made that directly counter your arguement which you call "fluff". And I am not wasting my time to go search for the whole quote, post it, and have to reargue it with someone who doesn't want to change their mind and just be disruptive for actual conversation. I can't show it if it is ommited in the reply I am talking to lol. Hopefully this is done and I can actually talk to people about the topic rather than getting cherry picked and my opinion being blown off as "fluff"

yet youre still responding my guy.

Because this is a discussion forum, if you don't like people replying to you then you're in the wrong place here.

No you didn't rearranged them or change out ones

Then why were you claiming that I did? You're complaining about "disruptiveness for actual conversation" but that's mostly coming from you.

but you ommitted the points I made that directly counter your arguement which you call "fluff". And I am not wasting my time to go search for the whole quote

Then how do you know that any of the things I omitted actually had any relevance when you admittedly don't remember them anymore and also don't feel the need to look up your own post from the last page?

have to reargue it with someone who doesn't want to change their mind and just be disruptive for actual conversation

You're the only one here who doesn't seem to want to change their mind. You asked for an example, I provided it and all you did ever since is being dismissive without actually trying to argue your case constantly bringing up your own laziness as an excuse for not doing so.

Can you solo Vets/UQs with no problem?

You don't "need" anything in this game because its almost all group oriented, so whatever you lack your teammates make up for.

I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't vibe right here.