Where the content sega?

@NIC said in Where the content sega?:

Unless you can show me some stats, I'm not really gonna buy the goal post moving, tbh.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch

In the games section. It even openly said one of the reasons the switch is doing so well is because they opened up to third party support. Not to mention having a big emphasis on indie games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/disgaea-5-complete-sales-make-ps4-and-switch-nippon-ichis-main-platforms

https://steamdb.info/app/803600/graphs/

Here's one example of a game called Disgaea 5. It sold poorly on PS4 and PC(steam stats). Company even said it might of shut down until the switch came around. They decided to port it for one last chance.

https://www.gematsu.com/2018/01/disgaea-5-complete-sales-top-200000

It blew the hell up on the switch to everyone's surprise. I mean they even announced their next title in the series to be a switch exclusive from the numbers they got from that console because the money is there.

https://disgaea.us/d6/

This is just one example of one game blowing up on the switch that failed on other platforms(PC included). The console market is not to be underestimated in keeping a game alive or in this case an entire company. There is no reason from what I can tell that this isn't the same case for MMO's ported from PC to console. Moreso when they share servers.

@samsaralotus not gonna read 18 pages of comments and im a bit late but have you gotten everything to plus40? what about your weapon potential lvl 4 that needs 5 ex cubes? Or every class to 20? Maybe even getting some good augments, or heck if its so easy the best ones. Are those armors qual de armor in your weapon potency? What's your fastest time for fleeting fight cocoon? Can you solo Vets/UQs with no problem? The point I make is it took me 180 hours minimum to do that and i didnt get all level 20 (no incentive for me and no interest) and you're saying you're done with the game? nah brah I call cap, hard cap. There is content if you want there to be content. If you want to play the game, you'll find it. If you do not like trying to get top dps and grind for every material to get there, then the game's endgame is not for you. The fashion maybe? Or even hanging out with friends! trying out new classes which would require more materials, idk man the list keeps going...

Genshin on release was the same. Sure the map was bigger but so what? it had the same problems on release: everyone hit a point where they could grind, get as geared as possible for the next content cycle, and wait. It took longer because everything, EVERYTHING, to progress well was time gated. I do not want anymore time gated systems in this game then there have to be, resource nodes being the main example.

Lastly you played PSO2 after it had been released in JP for 8+ years. OFC there was more content on release. This game would die quick if there was three months of straight content and then nothing. Not only this, but everyone who played PSO2 on release in JP said that this is the same thing as then. This sets up a base to start from for the future. Not everyone will get into this game right away so they need to have some content that is revolved around introducing new players to the game and getting them warmed up.

also just reread the op post and the Rank II areas and mobs scale to how many people are hitting it. 1 lvl 15 with good gear> 8 lvl 13s with bad gear.

Forgive me, I mean that NGS Xbox one players are built different and enjoying the game while steam players are falling off the map. I don't think anyone here can provide Xbox/Microsoft store numbers.. unless there is a site for that like steam charts or something I'm missing.

@HeebieJeebez said in Where the content sega?:

@samsaralotus not gonna read 18 pages of comments and im a bit late but have you gotten everything to plus40? what about your weapon potential lvl 4 that needs 5 ex cubes? Or every class to 20? Maybe even getting some good augments, or heck if its so easy the best ones. Are those armors qual de armor in your weapon potency? What's your fastest time for fleeting fight cocoon? Can you solo Vets/UQs with no problem? The point I make is it took me 180 hours minimum to do that and i didnt get all level 20 (no incentive for me and no interest) and you're saying you're done with the game? nah brah I call cap, hard cap. There is content if you want there to be content.

Ahh yeah, here we go - back to telling people that the content is running around in circles in one of three areas again.

@NIC said in Where the content sega?:

Forgive me, I mean that NGS Xbox one players are built different and enjoying the game while steam players are falling off the map. I don't think anyone here can provide Xbox/Microsoft store numbers.. unless there is a site for that like steam charts or something I'm missing.

@samsaralotus not gonna read 18 pages of comments and im a bit late but have you gotten everything to plus40? what about your weapon potential lvl 4 that needs 5 ex cubes? Or every class to 20? Maybe even getting some good augments, or heck if its so easy the best ones. Are those armors qual de armor in your weapon potency? What's your fastest time for fleeting fight cocoon? Can you solo Vets/UQs with no problem? The point I make is it took me 180 hours minimum to do that and i didnt get all level 20 (no incentive for me and no interest) and you're saying you're done with the game? nah brah I call cap, hard cap. There is content if you want there to be content.

Ahh yeah, here we go - back to telling people that the content is running around in circles in one of three areas again.

Well what I put forth is more good faith and how Sega's revenue from 2020 showed PSO2 global out-spending JP playerbase on the game.

In terms of actual numbers Microsoft keeps those numbers secure even if overwhelmingly positive. I believe the game did extremely well on Xbox with the collaborations with PC launchers. Unfortunately we really won't know revenue wise until the end of this year.

Uhhhhhh ya and? You wanna make a counterargument or anything or refer me to where you disproved that veiwpoint? Show me a game where the end game is not the same grind for the best materials in a monotonous fashion to get best DPS. That's how mmos work?????? And even more specifically that's how PSO works. SHAQS til you pass out and grinding UQs and Triggers when you have them. Of course you may not like the content given, but you cannot argue its not there if you haven't done it. Unless I am also missing the post where you just straight up said you do not like grinding and just like getting everything handed to you like in NA PSO2. Is the content fun? No. Is it boring? Yes. Can you better it through team play and variation in class choices? Yes. All I wanted to show was that it is there, ya just don't like it.

Show me a game where the end game is not ... to get best DPS.

Phantasy Star Online

@Ryoga said in Where the content sega?:

Phantasy Star Online

All PSO games are about a carrot on a stick that last almost indefinitely. It isn't about the biggest numbers you can pull. That ended up being a dps race in pso2 because gear got to the point where it destroyed all current contest.

I know there are JP websites posting times on the fastest run times because the content itself is easy to best.

Not counting 4 man abyss, but that one can screw itself.

Phantasy Star Online

LOL erases half the content and just cherry picks what he wants. Of course end game includes other things but for a lot of mmos it goes Progression for new content, Fashion, Community events etc. usually. I will give you the end game for BASE PSO2 was a lot of fashion but everyone wants to do different things. You're also not giving any examples of how its not that in PSO so you know what, imma do something scary on the internet, Im gonna DISAGREE and say that for a lot of Alliances and top end players, "end game" = DPS, then fashion. Good luck trying to convince literally anyone like that. Get off the board if you don't like typing haha.

Rushing out content only leads to disaster! please don't x)

@Ki-Rin lmao was about to go off and then it registered you were for longer wait time haha ya rushing leads to problems, and giving to much in the beginning means they run out quicker later.

Phantasy Star Online

Yus! Fun times collecting strange weapons with fun effects. PSO was Diablo in SciFi to me. it needed no "end game" Just fun loot to collect.

Is the content fun? No. Is it boring? Yes.

Of what little content we have in the game, this is the hill you are going to die on?

People don't want boring content. Sega had the entire life of PSO2 & NGS' development to understand that, but they don't. Having people endlessly grind for a 0.5 potency increase in a game where that potency increase doesn't matter isn't really content, it's just padding in a game with nothing. Cocoons/Towers for example could have been fun dungeons with actual goals, instead they are nothing - they don't even offer gear/exp for completing them and you have no reason to ever do them again.

@HeebieJeebez

First of all you should read the other pages because everything you said by this point is irrelevant at this point in the discussion. Its all been there already.

Second of all you dont know what content is right ? Why is leveling all classes content for you ? Unlike Base PSO2 you gain "NOTHING" from this. Hell you dont even get anything from leveling up your sup class so leveling it to Lv20 is pretty much just a waste of time unless you wanna show some extra centimeters in E-Penis size. Maybe we should also purchase all character slot and level all classes to Lv20 on all characters because thats content ?

Also you confuse "Goals" with "content". Goals are somethign you set for yourself because "YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO." So if you already set goals for yourself you pretty much prove the point that there is nothing left to do for you except challenging yourself. Once we get Titels for thatwe can call it content but right now its just...well....just doing it.

I mean i can set a goal for myself that i fap for every dirty symbol arte i see poping up and thats content in your understanding. After that i need a Doctor tho....and surgery. <.<"

@Ki-Rin

Which brings up the question why NGS turned into a desater. Because there was clearly nothing rushed. x)

LOL erases half the content and just cherry picks what he wants.

No, I just erased the irrelevant fluff to get to the point.

I will give you the end game for BASE PSO2

Now that would be a terrible example as "a grind to get best DPS" is all base PSO2s endgame ever was from a gameplay perspective.

You're also not giving any examples of how its not that in PSO so you know what, imma do something scary on the internet, Im gonna DISAGREE and say that for a lot of Alliances and top end players, "end game" = DPS, then fashion. Good luck trying to convince literally anyone like that. Get off the board if you don't like typing haha.

Except I did... on page one. You're just, by your own admission, to lazy to read but even then you could have just asked for clarification which is another thing you didn't feel the need to so you're the last person here to complain about other people being lazy in their responces.