Where the content sega?

@Zeke said in Where the content sega?:

@Kamil118 said in Where the content sega?:

People still do alexander trough duty finder... At least that's how I went trough it during the trial. (Altho ofc most people don't do bahamut)

I do everything in FF14 that releases in one week. From launch, patches and expansions. If you skip all the fluff story there isn't a lot outside of that. By skipping story(done so since its release) its pretty quick.

But ff14 at least has story. By skipping story in ngs you save maybe two hours.

FF14 is a story driven MMO like FF11. NGS is a free roam grind MMO.

One emphasis on story while the other focuses on freedom. To compare that aspect of either game to one another isn't fair since that isn't what each game is going for.

So you're saying that if you skip all content in any game there is nothing left to do? I mean, sure...?

@samsaralotus said in Where the content sega?:

@NIC so how is it relevant to 2.0 at launch of the game?

I didnt play during 2.0, as I assume most people here didnt either? When someone says "2.0" they are usually referring to that patch of content.

@NIC said in Where the content sega?:

I didnt play during 2.0, as I assume most people here didnt either? When someone says "2.0" they are usually referring to that patch of content.

Player who's been playing FF14 ARR since early access launch.

FF14 didn't have much to do outside the story content when it came out. There were no roulettes either to help level so you had to join what we called "Fate trains" in order to level to continue the story. Once you finished the story and leveling it was farming two dungeons mindlessly for tomes then straight into the first part of Coil of Bahamut. People love to claim FF14 had tons of content at launch. It really didn't. Most of the story quests were "walk here" or "kill 5 things then walk here." Somehow people consider that content, but not what NGS offers where you kill am abundant more things.

Technical issues plagued that game when it first came out. Lag worse than what NGS had that lasted for roughly a month. Bugged phases where you couldn't enter am instance zone for story and thus couldn't progress in the game. Initial graphical issues that weren't fixed until 2.1. Anyone who says it was a good launch probably belong to the group that says Cyberpunk had a good launch.

People here are more than welcome to say that "other MMO's had more at launch", but in reality it really wasn't much different. Forums were plgued with "RELEASE MORE CONTENT OR THE GAME WILL DIE!" What's going on in this thread and in the NGS forums in general is quite normal for all MMO's. Anyone saying otherwise is either new to the genre or purposely ignoring that part. It's why comparing other MMO's is pointless. They all share the problem of players consuming content faster than they can make regardless of how much they release.

@Zeke said in Where the content sega?:

Player who's been playing FF14 ARR since early access launch.

FF14 didn't have much to do outside the story content when it came out. There were no roulettes either to help level so you had to join what we called "Fate trains" in order to level to continue the story. Once you finished the story and leveling it was farming two dungeons mindlessly for tomes then straight into the first part of Coil of Bahamut. People love to claim FF14 had tons of content at launch. It really didn't. Most of the story quests were "walk here" or "kill 5 things then walk here." Somehow people consider that content, but not what NGS offers where you kill am abundant more things.

The only real quest in NGS by these standards IMO then is the final one where you have to explore the forest. All the others don't really have content. FFXIV also had more dungeons at launch then NGS has quests.

Technical issues plagued that game when it first came out. Lag worse than what NGS had that lasted for roughly a month. Bugged phases where you couldn't enter am instance zone for story and thus couldn't progress in the game. Initial graphical issues that weren't fixed until 2.1. Anyone who says it was a good launch probably belong to the group that says Cyberpunk had a good launch.

No MMO has a good launch lag wise.

People here are more than welcome to say that "other MMO's had more at launch", but in reality it really wasn't much different. Forums were plgued with "RELEASE MORE CONTENT OR THE GAME WILL DIE!" What's going on in this thread and in the NGS forums in general is quite normal for all MMO's. Anyone saying otherwise is either new to the genre or purposely ignoring that part. It's why comparing other MMO's is pointless. They all share the problem of players consuming content faster than they can make regardless of how much they release.

The absolute issue with comparing PSO2NGS with ARR 2.0 is that at launch ARR had roughly 200 quests? (2.0 content currently has 175 quests, and that's after the content in ARR got trimmed down.) It also has 16 dungeons, 7 trial bosses, a 2 boss raid tier, 20 classes (both crafting and combat), and crafting.

It's pretty hard to compare the two content wise. Even if FFXIV is story driven, it launched with a lot more to do.

On top of this, I honestly don't know why people are actually comparing 2 MMOs to see which ones stank more at launch, trying to point the finger at the other.

It's clear at this point NGS wasn't ready, and people pointing out much they think that X game had a shittier launch doesn't really save face.

All MMO's normally aren't ready for launch. FF14 showed that with the server issues, NGS shows that by the roadmap, WoW wasn't really playable until mid 2005 when they patched up a lot of things, Wildstar shouldn't have launched at all, and the list goes on.

Note these are all different times frame in which they came out. It's the norm for MMO's.

I don't remember old school mmo that I played at launch like lineage1, ragnaork, slayersonline, even the later generation like lineage2, silk road online, etc.. had this many problem at launch. Everyone who said this is normal on launch need a wake up call. The problem is every other company beta test their product for months if not even a whole year before launch. SEGA did what?... I have never seen any sizable company launching a product with this many problem, sure there's glitches here and there for other games but overall is playable and doesn't affect much of the core gameplay. Look at ngs, we have not one but a dozen of game breaking problems, all they are doing is apologize after the fact when they would had ran a better beta test. And the thing about f2p, you guys want to know how many people bought that rappy pack and had premium going? They made a good 100 bucks off half or even more people on global at day1 already.

F8D71CF1-9CAA-46E3-9489-B7C4CE12326E.jpeg

I’ve been so against buying the Rappy pack cuz of the lack of stuff in it, so I’ve been saving towards the Aelio pack instead. I still want the Rappy pack but I can’t justify the price... 😞

@someone-1 said in Where the content sega?:

I have never seen any sizable company launching a product with this many proble,

cough square enix cough

@JuggernautGTX said in Where the content sega?:

@someone-1 said in Where the content sega?:

I have never seen any sizable company launching a product with this many proble,

cough square enix cough

Square Enix, Blizzard, Activision, EA, Bioware, Bethesda, Microsoft, Sony, Naughty Dog, Obsidian, Nintendo.

I'm sorry did he just really say that?

Point is: no matter how big a company is, if the ship isn’t built to last it will sink eventually

Its kinda funny how people argue now that games like FF are really short when you rush trough the main story. Well surprise but you can do the same in NGS aswell. However if you do you skip like 30% of the available content so nice argument you guys have there.

Also funny how @Zeke claims that FF is story driven while NGS is not. How comes Sega locks game features behind the story then ? So yeah Segas oppinion is different from yours it seems.Also for a game thats not story focused it is putting alot of effort into said story.

Also again and let me make myself very clear now because i dont wanna repead it a third time: We DONT complain about Sega being slow in releasing new stuff because we are so fast. We complain because THERE WAS NOTHING AT ALL that keeps people playing longer then a week. Is that small but very important difference getting into your heads now ?

If running the same dungeon over and over again keeps people playing then that is content because people have a reason doing so. What do we have in NGS ? Right.....nothing. 1 Week and you have the best gear in the game and max level you dont need any further upgrades or any money anymore. All Towers and Cocoons are done and all Red Chests are collected.

People like throwing FF in but dont fool yourself that much. There is no way that you Reach max level with the best possible gear in the game and finished all story and side missions in one week. As i said "NOTHING LEFT TO DO" and i meant that. I also said that i am pretty generous with that 1 week because lets be real here and accept the fact that most people couldnt even play the whole 7 days because of issues or maintenance and they still reached the completition of NGS in the first week of release.

Also using "skipping" content as argument is kinda stupid in itself. When you say FF has no content when you skip the story then.....thats on you ? I mean you cant seriously believe people take you serious when you skip content and claim there is no content because well.....you skipped it. Imagine someone here complains about NGS having no content because that person only plays the story and skipps everything else in the game....yeah thats pretty much you guys right now.

I mean thats Gold....thats really Gold. Skipping content results in less content to enjoy....that really made my day thats precious.😂

On top of this, I honestly don't know why people are actually comparing 2 MMOs to see which ones stank more at launch

It feels like the FFXIV folks in this topic have successfully made it about ARR because that's a more favourable comparison than the infamously bad initial release of FFXIV. Those trying to put the NGS launch content into perspective really shouldn't have let them get away with that.

@Pariah-Chan said in Where the content sega?:

I still want the Rappy pack but I can’t justify the price... 😞

Its cosmetics are marketable; I've got at least 1 of each of them just from the player shop. But the price has gone up a bit after more players received the first and second weekly task meseta, so you might have missed te boat a bit on that one.

I think that the final fantasy fan boys need to get off of these forums. Could you imagine someone that's a PSO2 fan doing something this toxic? Go to another games forums, just to shit on the other game. Obsessive fans like this are what's wrong with a major part of society. It's like the console wars, but instead its games. It's petty, it's childish, and needs to stop.

@Zeke I did said they aren't prefect but they werent game breaking either but Sega is next level disaster.

@Miraglyth said in Where the content sega?:

On top of this, I honestly don't know why people are actually comparing 2 MMOs to see which ones stank more at launch

It feels like the FFXIV folks in this topic have successfully made it about ARR because that's a more favourable comparison than the infamously bad initial release of FFXIV. Those trying to put the NGS launch content into perspective really shouldn't have let them get away with that.

If we are going to go and compare it to 1.0, sure, go ahead, but:

1. 1.0 didn't lack content, as far as I know - it was just a dog shit game, and,

2. Why are we setting the bar so low to hold up NGS on it's golden shit throne that we have to compare it to the release of a game that actually got people fired over its release?