Where the content sega?

@HarmlessSyan said in Where the content sega?:

I don't think the remake of the first 2 PS were released in the west either, Generation 1 and Generation 2.

They weren't. Conspiracy Games had a deal in principle to localise them with Generation 4 as a trilogy when it was made, but then Sega decided not to make it and just release compilation ports instead.

@Shiyo said in Where the content sega?:

@BoomBoy said in Where the content sega?:

@HermitST said in Where the content sega?:

@Rain-Gnyu said in Where the content sega?:

I have plenty of content from just trying to grind out Mastery III for my future units and weapon. Trying out different combo nations with multi-weapons. Working out better ways of taking down Gigantix solo. Farming mesta for cosmetics and costumes for that unique look. Helping my friend learn and grind for their gear items. Buying and sell items to increase my money flow and savings in game. Speculating Sega approach with the community in game on what Sega future approach to game content ......like the farming task they did in the story line and if they going to add something like that in game. Like that of the guild hall photon Tree. Clues to future content imbedded in the storyline quest. Hey I farmed for the White Disaster Camo and got it for 7mil! I have plenty of content and finding more every day!

Good for you, but for the majority of the players that have played this game, this will not be enough to keep them interested.

Meseta grinding in NGS is not fun. Augment grinding in NGS is not fun. Material grinding in NGS is not fun. Buying cosmetics is really not fun right now because of how screwed up the player market is.

All of this is tedious. If the vast majority of the game I am playing is tedious, then eventually I am just going to stop playing it and move on to a game that is fun to play.

PSO has always been all about grinding. If the gameplay is not fun for you to grind, the game may not be for you. I don't mind grinding because the gameplay is fun.

There's NOTHING to grind for. In PSO1 I grinded so I could go beyond forest ultimate, or grinded so I could do enough DPS to complete timed missions. It had clear cut goals you could grind for. This game has nothing. It's a casual mobile game that has less content than literally any mobile game.

How man times are you going to say this? The game isnt a mobile game as requires it be on...you know...a mobile device. And lets not pretend that EVERY mobile game comes out with buttloads of content. NGS is lacking quite a bit, but I feel like youre only here to crap on the game, not offer ideas on how to fix the problems. And "just add content" doesnt offer much as ive seen some say that.

@XenoBladeX37645 how to fix the problem there no content and the pushed it a year to soon? there is no way. they need more content and they don't got it.

forget "content"... why would i even create a party? a PARTY.

Surely the base requirement for an online MMO would be ppl creating parties together..

No? Fuck parties? Actually prevent ppl from making parties before an UQ for some reason? In turn make the whole idea of a party (IN AN MMO!) a waste of time? OK then. Why not. That seems like a good idea.

I should join an alliance to ... uhh.. wait, oh, there's nothing to do there. Joining an alliance does literally nothing. There's no reason to even join a PARTY for fuck's sake, let alone an alliance.. a PARTY. They literally removed every reason to play with your friends.

IT DOSENT MATTER BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING TO GRIND FOR

I miss the beacons.

I honestly doubt any of the SEGA staff actually plays the game. I challenge a staff member to "party" with me for their daily rock collecting. Let's go.

@HarmlessSyan said in Where the content sega?:

@Flowen231 said in Where the content sega?:

@samsaralotus said in Where the content sega?:

@Flowen231 no they just never cared to bring it here. Only resently they discovered that people out of Japan Yakuza games. The just never think we will like it. As strange as it is most of Japan really think people like Japanese things out of Japan.

I'm not gonna say you're wrong, because you're not lol. But over in the west we got; PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSO, PSO ep3, PSOBB, PSU, AotI, PSZ, PSP, and PSP2. Not every single one ofc, but sega has had a long history of releasing phantasy star overseas. Which is why I think that pso2 specifically was put on ice out of their fear for bad reception. Otherwise it's just a weird move after announcing its release for 2013.

and the trend really ended after PSP2, PSP2i wasn't released, PSO2 was 8 years delayed, no PSO2es, no PSNova. I don't think the remake of the first 2 PS were released in the west either, Generation 1 and Generation 2. IDOLA probably only came 2 years late because they released PSO2 and it is not even ran by SEGA - hence no linking up with main PSO2 game like the JP version.

Real talk that was the biggest tragedy. As someone stated before, they just never made PSG4 so we never got the ps2 remakes aside from fan translations, and I can't overstate how amazing p2i was.

So has Braver helped ease everyone's feelings regarding a lack of content? There's a noticeable increase in player counts in Blocks.

@JoycieC No, also, player count is quickly dropping again.

A new class is not content, as proven by the immediate player drop in less than a week.

I understand that a new Class without any substantial map or story updates can be a bit of a stretch in terms of calling it content directly, a 20min side story was also introduced which whilst it was very thin itself, had a surprisingly nice result at the end which if I'm correct, leaves a permanent change on the map.

It would be nice to see more side story missions that leave changes on the map, but I do wonder how much is actually lined up for the future.

Pokémon NO Day just passed, that had a very interesting result and whilst I doubt anything of the sort would be viable here, I do wonder what it would take for SEGA to step up and directly address the fans.

@JoycieC said in Where the content sega?:

So has Braver helped ease everyone's feelings regarding a lack of content? There's a noticeable increase in player counts in Blocks.

Not at all.

Also the opinions and feelings around Braver are very mixed. Braver lost its Hype very very fast and maybe even set a new record for that.

Yeah, we're already back down to 5k. New classes are absolutely not content, ever.NewClassIsNotContent.jpg

Not like people haven’t played Braver before. I still enjoying my class and in game content with a passion. I just don’t see what you guys are crying about. I love crafting Mastery III and got my affixes ready and making a killing on the market sell them now! You guys need to stop crying so much on the forums and get ready affixing and get that money! You going to regret it! That right you can’t sell stuff because you F2P. Well to bad ........I am having fun and love the direction Sega is going! To each there own!

Not like people haven’t played Braver before. I still enjoying my class and in game content with a passion. I just don’t see what you guys are crying about. I love crafting Mastery III and got my affixes ready and making a killing on the market sell them now! You guys need to stop crying so much on the forums and get ready affixing and get that money! You going to regret it! That right you can’t sell stuff because you F2P. Well to bad ........I am having fun and love the direction Sega is going! To each there own!

So you love Sega currently directing the game into nonexistence?

Oh you love crafting Mastery III, good for you, but for the vast majority, that is not fun and never will be fun, especially for those with limited time to play games. Who the hell wants to grind the same materials to create the same augments every single day? I don't believe a single person actually enjoys this, this seems more like a habit somebody has got themselves into and can't break free from it. Video games shouldn't feel like a job.

Also, stop assuming everybody is free to play, I haven't been free to play since PSO2 released on pc, and I still think it's garbage in it's current state. You may like the way Sega are taking this game, but most people aren't, and the player count proves that.

FInally, if you're going to finish by saying "to each there own" (it's their by the way) then maybe you should actually live by those words, because you saying "stop crying" kinda contradicts that.

@Rain-Gnyu said in Where the content sega?: You guys need to stop crying so much on the forums and get ready affixing and get that money! You going to regret it!

I see this as backwards thinking. f2p players can't access the market so making money via affixes is a subjective thing. Just to clarify my second point ahead of time; I have no issue with people min maxing, but investing in current gear is a waste. In every single online phantasy star game 4* gear is trash, they get easily replaced. Their current longevity is just a result of the game not having content, but the moment we get any kind of new meaningful content they're going to become obsolete. You could argue that it will be a long time before they become obsolete, but that's just another way of saying that the next content update is far off so you may as well min max lv 20/100 (possibly 200).

And frankly, I won't regret missing out on current affixes when better affixes become more common in higher level content.