Where the content sega?

@BoomBoy

So you believe playing for one week and then wait 5 months and 3 weeks for content you need yet again 1 week is gonna keep the game alive ?

And the difference is the Genre. PSO2 is a dungeon crawler and NGS Open World. I explained the difference multiple times already and what the players expect from each Genre.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more content. I'd like to read your ideas for end game content that lasts. Sega is probably listening.

@BoomBoy said in Where the content sega?:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more content. I'd like to read your ideas for end game content that lasts. Sega is probably listening.

I did a suggestion about changing the implementation of Veteran bosses pages ago, that suggestion could be summed up as take inspiration from Monster Hunter World, it's still able to hold nearly 30k simultanous players on Steam alone even after it stopped getting updates for a reason.

The suggestion was something like this:

• Add patrol routes to Veteran bosses instead of them being only stationary
  • Allow them to either join forces with other bosses or enter turf wars depending on the bosses types (alter/former/doll)
  • Change the respawn conditions, have a max limit of how many veteran bosses can be spawned at once and when one is defeated, another random one from that area respawns soon afterwards, and add more veteran bosses for each region in updates (let's say there's 8 veteran bosses per area and the max limit of veterans spawned at once is 3, once when one of the 3 is defeated, a random one of the other 5 respawns soon afterwards)
  • Not mentioned in my previous post, but, rewards are important, veteran bosses need drops worth getting other than augments, be it unique weapons or units, maybe even rare versions of Veteran bosses (silver/gold Veteran bosses) dropping silver/gold units to be used for unit grinding? (gold units for the sake of grinding units would have been really useful)

To add to the suggestion of more content: Quest Counter.

The ability to turn in farmable materials again for meseta, I'd also love to see fishing return. Hunting and killing particular mobs for rewards, like Vet's and Giga's. Give us the ability to grind out materials to obtain Fixa's for our weapons/units. (Having to rely solely on RNG for a good Fixa suitable to your main class is both tedious and frustrating).

It is even more so when you realize that even if you do end up with the best units/weapons for your class that you could possibly obtain currently, there is literally no content worth doing that requires that level of time sink/meseta spending (If you choose to buy from the player shop). So you can smack Gigantix a bit harder, so what? You're still having to stand around waiting, doing nothing for a majority of the time since their spawns are completely random.

We are at the mercy of rng for weapons/units, and are at the mercy of rng for what is, for all intents and purposes, considered end game content currently; and there is hardly anything else to do in between.

Those ideas are nice and they would maybe extend the game for a week or two but at the end of the day you will have nothing left to grind for and you are back to the same place here, complaining about the lack of content.

@BoomBoy What are your suggestions for making end game content that lasts?

I've since quit the game, but still like to peak into this forums hellhole from time to time - but it's sad to come into a thread like this and see familiar accounts still letting sega shit on their plates. Y'all need to cut your losses and move on, and by that I mean quit and find another game.

A new region, new gear, and new classes isn't going to fix the game because of the lack of anything and everything else. It's just a hollow shell.

@NIC said in Where the content sega?:

I've since quit the game, but still like to peak into this forums hellhole from time to time - but it's sad to come into a thread like this and see familiar accounts still letting sega shit on their plates. Y'all need to cut your losses and move on, and by that I mean quit and find another game.

A new region, new gear, and new classes isn't going to fix the game because of the lack of anything and everything else. It's just a hollow shell.

I’m still holding out some hope since it’s still new but if they can’t fix everything they broke then that’s probably going to be it for me, too. I’ve never seen so much incompetence in so little time. I’ve been looking for another game, hopefully something new since I’ve played all the big ones. If FFXIV had the customization of these inferior story games I’d probably never play anything else.

@Milk said in Where the content sega?:

I’m still holding out some hope since it’s still new but if they can’t fix everything they broke then that’s probably going to be it for me, too. I’ve never seen so much incompetence in so little time. I’ve been looking for another game, hopefully something new since I’ve played all the big ones. If FFXIV had the customization of these inferior story games I’d probably never play anything else.

FFXIV lacks customization?

@BoomBoy Monster Hunter World, the main draws are just fighting strong monsters and upgrading equipment, and despite it having stopped getting updates since 9~10 months ago, it's still able to hold a peak of nearly 30k daily simultaneous users, even though it's not even an MMO.

NGS Veteran bosses have the potential to be like MHW monsters, but they need to be less static, there needs to be more elements of unpredictability, there needs to be more variety (more Veterans in general per area), there needs to be alot less downtime between fights, and they need to drop items that makes players want to fight them (be it something like materials to create equipment, equipment to help in making grinding easier, or just new equipment in general).

Naturally there needs to be more things to make the open world feel worthwhile and feel more "alive", such as settlements outside of central city with NPCs that offer side tasks, mini games and other activities such as fishing.

@NIC We are suckers for punishment.

But yea, I understand where you're coming from. The only thing we can hope for is that they listen to us and add in filler content in between the rng UQ's and Giga spawns that provides adequate rewards. Providing quests that not only offer meseta, but also affix's would be wonderful. I.E. a quest where you are tasked with, let's say, killing a Giga, and as a reward, you have the option to pick between a might, precision, or technique II affix.

Because again, relying on rng is frustrating. Since the Giga became available I've been farming Giga's pretty casually. I finally got my first 10 Gigas Tech II last night, tried to affix to my weapon at a 90% chance...and failed. sigh

I think we could have some randomized dungeons like the quests from base PSO2 so we have something that is at least different every time we do it.

I am having fun and you cannot stop me.

I mean I somehow am still having fun despite the mountain of issues the game has and all of the horrible decisions they make. But I am a weirdo.

@NIC Can't do it man, I'm too deep in the sunken coast falacky.

Honestly if I was a completely new player who joined for just NGS I would've left ages ago.