AC tickets Featured items force minimum price /No trading on NGS, Player Choice

Hope you all are having a good day. After some leveling I decided that I wanted to take a look at the new ac and maybe even buy some, but after seeing the market and talking to some friends I discovered that you can’t sell the item that you spend money on for the price that you want. to be specific feature items have a force minimum price of 500.000 n-meseta so when you go to post it and put lets say 400.000n-meseta the game just give you a small system message on the chat window that reads ”The price of items with less than the minimum value has been changed.” not even an alert so it is easy to miss the message and keep going with your day.

Maybe I'm old school but if I bought something with my money it should be my prerogative what to do with it, if i want to sell something for 1.000 meseta or a 1.000.000.000 that should be my call.

On top of that the rest of the ac-ticket that does not have a force minimum value the prices are at the moment not surpassing the 100.000 n-meseta.

Now the lack of trading seems to me like a way to force this minimum price system to avoid people circling around the system.

My final thought to Sega is. If i decide to spend money on ac-tickets it should be on my control what to do with them either give the extra copies that i don’t need to a friend with a trade system like any other modern game or like base pso2, or just sell them for cheap or not in the market, the end of the day that decision should be of every particular player and not sega to enforce a minimum price of a item.

With not much else to say, thanks for your time and sorry for the English is not my native language.

I second this. I'm 100% against developer market manipulation.

It’ll only be a matter if time before everything is listed for maximum allowable price with this system in place, Sega truly does not know how a market works... 😕

@Lorient The reason for this is to stop player market manipulation, JP server for years had a huge problem with this and look what happened with the global server with hyper inflated market prices. Whilst, this isn't ideal - it's something at least.

I quite like it, stops player market abuse and what happened with the markets in both JP and global, this was needed.

Wait, I'm not understanding it.

The only restriction is a minimum price, right? How is that bad, except when you want to give away something to a friend? The system doesn't stop you selling it at prices higher than the minimum price, or does it?

AC items with minimum prices mean that people who spent money to buy AC scratches won't have to worry about most of their items selling at garbage prices, although I can see how with inflation, eventually those minimum prices aren't going to matter anymore.

What's so bad about a minimum price? It's not like there's a maximum price, right?

For me is in one hand the fact that I can't gift friend's stuff and the other that is my problem is that you have to fight 60 ppl for the chance that your 500.000 price sell before them so instead of being able to make a quick buck to buy the costume that did not drop in the ac ticket I have to wait and wait for to see if some one buys, And like I say before if I bough this and I got it it should be my decision to sell it for either competitive player market prices or just do a heavy undercut. Btw in the case of global one of the biggest thing that contributed to inflated prices was Cradle of darkness and ppl trading x-cubes for grinders and selling that. with regards to player market manipulation yes is a thing that happens but that should not be the excuse to not have trade options or being able to put the price that you want on your items, if that was such a massive problem a lot of games would avoid trading options and what not.

Hope i manage to make some sense, again sorry for the English is not my native language.

@Amari-Kigu said in AC tickets Featured items force minimum price /No trading on NGS, Player Choice:

@Lorient The reason for this is to stop player market manipulation, JP server for years had a huge problem with this and look what happened with the global server with hyper inflated market prices. Whilst, this isn't ideal - it's something at least.

How does it prevent market manipulation? The issues with Global (and I assume JP) were in regards to people buying up items and selling them for even more, and this doesn't prevent that at all since (unless I'm wrong) this is just a forced minimum price, and doesn't keep people from selling things for 100mil meseta or whatever they want to do.

If it was a maximum price, I'd agree with you, but a forced minimum price does nothing against manipulation, unless the manipulation is a deliberate crashing of cosmetic prices, which isn't an issue Global really ever had. If it did happen, it wasn't what people were complaining about.

@Akonyl It might be due to them wanting the Personal Shops to be a money sink to drain excess cash from the game economy. Setting high end AC scratch items to 500k means that 50k is being removed with every transaction and that people can not bypass the tax by doing person to person trades which was somewhat common with really expensive items.

Didn't know minimum price was that high.

I was able to buy some of the stuff from the new Soldier Line AC scratch for under 100k. I think like 10k~20k minimum for now would be reasonable but 500k seems too high, perhaps the limit could be raised later in the game when there's much more N-meseta going around.

@HarmlessSyan

The cheer up emote's minimum price is 500k

@HarmlessSyan said in AC tickets Featured items force minimum price /No trading on NGS, Player Choice:

Didn't know minimum price was that high.

I was able to buy some of the stuff from the new Soldier Line AC scratch for under 100k. I think like 10k~20k minimum for now would be reasonable but 500k seems too high, perhaps the limit could be raised later in the game when there's much more N-meseta going around.

The minimum price only exists for items listed as "featured" items in the scratch (the old "hot item" icon in pso2), everything else gets to sell for more typical prices.

I believe what PSO2 Team is trying to do is act more like a government-- overseeing the economy and setting market prices-- to ensure a clean, good environment & community for players, especially up until the New Year.

They are forcing something. Let us see how it all pans out, ya?

@Robo-Mason-S said in AC tickets Featured items force minimum price /No trading on NGS, Player Choice:

I believe what PSO2 Team is trying to do is act more like a government-- overseeing the economy and setting market prices-- to ensure a clean, good environment & community for players, especially up until the New Year.

They are forcing something. Let us see how it all pans out, ya?

You literally just argued for why it shouldn't be happening. Every game that's made you pay to use the market or put mandatory minimums died fast and failed hard. ToS being a damn good example.

Libertarianism is the true and natural state of humanity. Telling people not to do things makes them want to do it, literally, it's biblical! It's called reactance theory.

089B36BB-636D-41FB-BA0D-C501955FE420.png

At this rate I’m waiting to see how the market is able to handle a meseta exploit again. Since we’re already at 500k for basic stuff, all it would take is one meseta farm to rocket prices back to 1mil...