Refresh rate on gathering

How does gathering refresh work? Waiting to finish daily it’s seafood in north aelios

@parizorn said in Refresh rate on gathering:

How does gathering refresh work? Waiting to finish daily it’s seafood in north aelios

The respawn timers on the resource/gathering nodes are a bit horrid to put politely. They are limited in locations and seems to have a 25min to 35min respawn cycle. Pretty much it's a waiting game to complete these gathering dailies till they increase spawn locations and speed up the respawn timers.

I WISH they were on a '25min to 35min respawn cycle'. I've been running around for HOURS (started at 0600, coming up on 1000) waiting for ONE. ONE! OOOOONNNNEEEE... STUPID... LOBSTER to appear. (I'm getting EXTREMELY frustrated if you couldn't tell.) I'm convinced that something is totally broken, and nothing is going to get fixed until Monday when people return to work.

@Viola-Lance said in Refresh rate on gathering:

They are limited in locations and seems to have a 25min to 35min respawn cycle.

if there were those rates it wouldn't be horrible but is not, is about 24 hours or higher.

Yesterday I was still coming across trees I harvested day 1 that were still barren.

I could have understood a 5 hours respawn to keep in line with the old system if you were waiting for 100 energy. Though because of how food works now I'd think that would even be a bit too long, but at least understandable. Unfortunately for us they already responded saying they were happy with it. Maybe if they get enough pushback they'll reconsider... I hope.

Respawn rate seems to be 24 hours or more. I suspect they respawn on a daily schedule rather than on a timer.

It's bad and you probably aren't going to finish that daily.

Not sure if they mentioned it anywhere on global site, but JP version have posted that they are investigating

https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20210612_3/

Same with issue with losing N-meseta when you teleport around

https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20210612_4/

@HarmlessSyan Thanks for that update!

12-48 hour time period on resources respawning.

@Zeke said in Refresh rate on gathering:

12-48 hour time period on resources respawning.

It seems to be almost random, but I can tell you now some of them are well over 48 hours. I did a massive harvest spree to make a resource map on day 1. A good number of these zones are still barren or sparse at best. At first I thought the daily harvest reset the zone because I had been completing them like normal until today. I'm stuck at 8 seafood cuz the only ones that respawned for me were in the interior of the wetlands, the ones that would be on the outer edges didn't.

@Kat_Ears_Kahrain said in Refresh rate on gathering:

I WISH they were on a '25min to 35min respawn cycle'. I've been running around for HOURS (started at 0600, coming up on 1000) waiting for ONE. ONE! OOOOONNNNEEEE... STUPID... LOBSTER to appear. (I'm getting EXTREMELY frustrated if you couldn't tell.) I'm convinced that something is totally broken, and nothing is going to get fixed until Monday when people return to work.

I wish they didn't exist at all. Its by far the worst part of the game and the one thing that could seriously stop me playing. There hasn't been a single game created where gathering materials was fun, and Sega devs thought it would be a good idea to tie such a terrible system to the games progression, and under a mobile game time gate mechanic.

I wouldn't be surprised if matierials end up being purchasable with SG and AC in the future.

@HermitST said in Refresh rate on gathering:

@Kat_Ears_Kahrain said in Refresh rate on gathering:

I wish they didn't exist at all. Its by far the worst part of the game and the one thing that could seriously stop me playing. There hasn't been a single game created where gathering materials was fun, and Sega devs thought it would be a good idea to tie such a terrible system to the games progression, and under a mobile game time gate mechanic.

I wouldn't be surprised if matierials end up being purchasable with SG and AC in the future.

You already can by buying the rappy pack.

We had an announcement about the possible disappearing N-Meseta during teleportation.

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/announcement06131

As for the availability of Robust Aelio Lobster in North Aelio, I don't know what they expect to investigate. They know how many nodes there are in that sector, they know the respawn rates, they know that people who cleared the sector out shortly before the daily task reset will either find it difficult or impossible to complete the task, consequently the all-daily-tasks task.

Today's situation is going to keep happening without either an adjustment to the resource respawns or a warning about which tasks are coming up in the next 1-2 days so people can deliberately avoid picking up some limited resources. Or simply changing the tasks, either migrating them to weekly (to fit within the respawn times) or removing them altogether.

The system as-is directly encourages not harvesting materials.