Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily

@Toukun said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

I wanted to add, it is now 20 minutes to next daily reset, 23h 40 minutes from when the quest was issued. I just did one final lap and found 0 new seafood. This confirms that they do not spawn over the course of the day.

Yeah, same.

Hi there,

they are indeed not respawning, i logged in 15min before reset just to check this out, nothing. Plus it's not only about those lobster, I also have very few (sometimes not at all) other materials spawning, like minerals at BaflowFalls for example.

So not only I can't finish this daily quest, this will probably make me fail the weekly asking to complet 20 dailies, and I'm also struggling to upgrade my gear... From my point, this collectible spawn problem really looks like I'm sharing my session/instance with other players

I figured it is again worth an update.

I've spent the last hour gathering. The daily reset is clearly also the gathering reset. I was able to complete today's task instantly with little effort.

However, for science I went back up to North Aelio and checked out the seafood spawns. I found 5. It is indeed much more difficult without the tracker. But if only 3-10+ can spawn, there's a good chance of being unable to complete that daily. A lot of other things in North Aelio spawned and were plentiful. I would propose that the issue for this thread is mostly the Seafood spawn amount itself, and not gathering in general.

I also was unable to finish yesterday and I'm really bummed about it. Got stuck at 9/10. First Daily I haven't completed 😕

@Toukun I finished that quest easily because I wasn't really collecting items before. Because I knew the daily task, quest and limited items.

Only part that not easy is to find the spawn points for the item. They won't spawn in the whole zone. Just in the area some area. Like Seafood is only found along the coast. That is the whole coast of North Aelio.

The 24 hours from 5 am PST is still valued and they won't always spawn in the same spots as before. Beware, maybe the server lag will cause items not to spawn. If your just running around and pass spawn spots.

Reason for slow spawning is to prevents mass/bot harvesting as this items are used in tasks and NPC turn ins.

@Commander-Rass said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

@Toukun I finished that quest easily because I wasn't really collecting items before. Because I knew the daily task and quest and limited items.

Only part that not easy is to find the spawn points for the item. They won't spawn in the whole zone. Just in the area some area. Like Seafood is only found along the coast. That is the whole coast of North Aelio.

The 24 hours from 5 am PST is still valued and they won't always spawn in the same spots as before. Beware, maybe the server lag will cause items not to spawn. If your just running around and pass spawn spots.

Reason for slow spawning is to prevents mass/bot harvesting as this items are used in tasks and NPC turn ins.

Thank you for your speculation, I am glad you were able to finish it easily. I am aware of the locations in which they spawn. I am also aware of the reasons which they may restrict the spawn rate of these items.

Do you have any sources that you can verify on any of your information about respawns? I would be interested to see them.

@Commander-Rass said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

@Toukun I finished that quest easily because I wasn't really collecting items before. Because I knew the daily task, quest and limited items.

This is absolutely absurd that they are trying to prevent mass/bot harvesting, but yet people like us who do like to gather should be able to do so daily. If people are scripting, they should be reported and banned, or have some sort of anti-cheat that picks up specific things in coding or scripts to prevent it in the first place. This is called lazy enforcement to me.