Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily

I am finding myself unable to complete the Daily Quest "Gather Seafood at North Aelio."

There are simple not enough spawns. It is frustrating that on a quest where you would have to find 10 things, that those 10 things would not spawn. I was only able to find 3. Even when focusing the quest, it does not show me any, as I have gathered them all previously (suspected).

It seems that the gathering rates are either far too low and random (meaning they did not respawn in time/on time) or are bugged in some way.

@Toukun Items spawn at 5:00 AM (PST) daily. It will random re-spawn different types of collectibles . Also it could take 24 hours for fresh spawns.

If you collected before the daily quest starts or just unlock daily. Devs didn't think you be collecting so early in the game. But, collecting should be fine every day after unlock.

@Commander-Rass I am hoping they do spawn over the course of the day, I am planning on updating this ticket if I ever actually complete it.

I'm just saying there shouldn't be any weird system that is either of the following :

• Punitive based on your ocd gathering habits. This means that I shouldn't collect everything I see, which is unfun, annoying, and restricts what resources I am able to gather based on the whim of daily quest. A game with this kind of gathering should be more generous.

• Relies on you being able to play for a larger part/most of the day. In PSO2 classic, I could complete my dailies in about 10 minutes, and there was nothing preventing me from doing so. If I can only play for 30 minutes, I could still do my dailies. Here, if I can only log in between 8-9 one day, I may be out of luck on a daily simply because I was able to play all of the previous day and gathered too many resources.

Edit : Grammar and spelling

@Commander-Rass said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

@Toukun Items spawn at 5:00 AM (PST) daily. It will random re-spawn different types of collectibles . Also it could take 24 hours for fresh spawns.

If you collected before the daily quest starts or just unlock daily. Devs didn't think you be collecting so early in the game. But, collecting should be fine every day after unlock.

I haven't gathered at all in the area today/yesterday. Here's a video of showing that I only got 8/10 Lobsters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4D6uTg7rgQ

Yeah they fucked up really badly on this. There shouldn't be dailies attached to gathering anymore since you can screw yourself out of completing them like this. I have only one seafood pickup in north aelio. I can't even imagine how stupid the devs are to not realize this would cause a problem.

I can't complete a daily quest today either, as the spawns were not enough.

I currently had collected 9 out of 10.

Can confirm. Login, get login bonuses, look at dalies, go to lake, get 8/10 lobster with no more to be found.

I probably gathered some on pervious days, and since it seems not everything respawns daily as ores are spotty on the respawn, perhaps there are 10+ spawns but all of them did not refresh.

Reminder, you can focus on the task/quest to help finding things easier. But it has a 200ish meter range in highlighting.

Reminder, you can focus on the task/quest to help finding things easier. But it has a 200ish meter range in highlighting.

Yes, and in my video I specifically covered every bit of land, and nothing's there. I haven't gathered any seafood from the area today or yesterday prior to the task.

I am having the same issue. I was able to get 9/10, but it seems the last one is not spawning.

Thought I would bump this thread with an update.

Starting back here, nothing has respawned. It's been over 12 hours since the daily reset. I do not believe, at this point, that respawn for resources happens at any time other than daily reset, if that. We passed the login reset 3 hours later, and nothing spawned, so it's not that either. I find it hard to believe that even at any time between now and the daily reset tomorrow, anything will respawn.

@coldreactive said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

Yes, and in my video I specifically covered every bit of land, and nothing's there. I haven't gathered any seafood from the area today or yesterday prior to the task.

Figured I would add a comment here. I tracked myself as well and had no luck. The tracker clearly worked for the 3 I found, and @coldreactive .

More importantly, here is a link to the Japanese site saying that this is an issue. Run it through google translate in case you can't read it.

@Djangoseto said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

Yeah they fucked up really badly on this. There shouldn't be dailies attached to gathering anymore since you can screw yourself out of completing them like this. I have only one seafood pickup in north aelio. I can't even imagine how stupid the devs are to not realize this would cause a problem.

This is frustrating, that much I agree. I assume this was one of those best intentions, but in practice it's completely unrealistic. It reminds me of the Ultima Online monster issues, where they made it so the monsters populations relied on prey and predators. Cool in theory, but in the end the playerbase ended up killing all the mobs regardless of species and they had to emergency remove it.

I would bet the developers wanted to have reasonable restrictions on progress, without realizing that the resets for these kinds of materials (food ingredients) should be less unfavorable compared to what they probably really want to gate : Minerals like monotite and so on.

Edit : Fixed broken link to Jpn site.

I feel the same way when I spent over an hour without knowing that we'd get shafted from completing a daily mission and lose out on exp and meseta, and not to mention lose out on progress on weekly completion. Utter failure with harvesting.

@Toukun said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

@coldreactive said in Cannot Finish "Gather Seafood at North Aelio" Daily:

Figured I would add a comment here. I tracked myself as well and had no luck. The tracker clearly worked for the 3 I found, and @coldreactive .

More importantly, here is a link to the Japanese site saying that this is an issue. Run it through google translate in case you can't read it.

The pso2 jp article you linked is a 404 page.

It's also 13 hours since I gathered. I'm going to sleep. Since they haven't respawned.

Damn I thought I was the only one having this issue. Been running around for hours could not get it to 10... still at 9/10. Skipped this one that for sure.

@coldreactive

Sorry about that, link updated i n my previous post.

Here it is in plaintext without link formatting : https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugfixes/i_measures_20210612_3/

Edit :

I wanted to add, it is now 20 minutes to next daily reset, 23h 40 minutes from when the quest was issued. I just did one final lap and found 0 new seafood. This confirms that they do not spawn over the course of the day.