No large window/text size setting for non 4k tv

Hi i would just like to suggest could you guys add in the large window/text settings for non 4k tvs? That way 4k tvs and non 4k tvs have the same options in that area. Thank you for taking the time to listen.

They only addded the large setting for 4Ks because it was too small for even people with glasses to read. It will likely just stay as an XBOX One X exclusive 4K feature, since it was never really added for the PC version, either.

@Ragnawind ya but even middle on a non 4k tv around 40+ inches is too small to read. if they are going to make the game too small on non 4k tvs then maybe it should just be a 4k game only cuz whats the point of playing if you cant even read or see any dialogue or icons.

But i have no doubt they will be able to fix this along with the other known issues because they care about their fanbase.

@DMAN199713 , the Window/Text Size setting is a bit misleading in how its laid out.

What actually changes between a 4K and HD display is just how small the UI can go due to the fact that the hud will, by default, try to stay within its original resolution it was designed for (1280x720). The scaling options are for making the UI bigger in comparison to the original designed resolution but NOT for scaling the UI relative to the current screen size. In terms of physical space, the "4K - Large" option on a 4K TV is the same as "Middle" on a HD TV.

I have a 1080P projector that I use to play the game. The only setting that I can use that makes the text readable is 4K Large. All other settings the text is unreadable.

Everything is fine at that setting except for the mini-map coordinates which are cut off the edge of the screen! This makes it really hard to find things during the EQs that ask you to locate things somewhere on the map.

For the longest time on Emergency Quests, I thought the announcers were just making up those coordinate tips to rub it in.

"Sensors show readings at C5"

As I ran around the entire map searching for an egg or a material, I was so angry with those announcers thinking they were just making up those coordinates to sound technical and add to the atmosphere!

@Natty-Boh-man yeah that’s been a known bug since the OBT started, I I’m also hoping that gets fixed soon as well

any other text option besides large 4k is to small for any type of tv

@TRAVISTYxxx said in No large window/text size setting for non 4k tv:

any other text option besides large 4k is to small for any type of tv

I had no idea. I figured a normal sized 1080p tv would be fine. That's a big problem then if the majority of people out there who own both 1080P or 4k tvs can't see the coordinates or all of the mini map.