You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.

Yeah that might be it, more and more people logged in, but wow, the effects should only be felt when you're AROUND everyone. I was out in the boondocks(basically on the far west end of West Aulio) and was feeling it.

@samsaralotus There is no lag in Central City.

@Miranda mot how servers works. the server need memory to operate correctly. if they programed it to go to over 95% of its memory it will lag if you solo or not. its the same effect of a memory leak in a single player game.

@Vashzaron said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

They dont want to upgrade their servers in any capacity because they expect a ton of players will leave after the initial rush as per usual with game releases and the problem will resolve it self, but I think this hurts the game's image a lot.

Oh trust me if they pick option 3 then the problem will resolve itself.....and NGS will be resolved aswell. If they keep the game how it is and just wait it out then thats the final death sentence for the whole game.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

@Vashzaron said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

They dont want to upgrade their servers in any capacity because they expect a ton of players will leave after the initial rush as per usual with game releases and the problem will resolve it self, but I think this hurts the game's image a lot.

Oh trust me if they pick option 3 then the problem will resolve itself.....and NGS will be resolved aswell. If they keep the game how it is and just wait it out then thats the final death sentence for the whole game.

Idk man PSO2 survived despite its disastrous launch for PC that lasted for months. I think NGS will be jist fine.

@Gilver-Redgrave Agreed. Using old servers to handle more intense game was DUMB.

@Zeke you say pso2 launch was bad i dont know of the xbox one but the pc one was ok out side the MS store. MS store lose the at last half of the people that give a fuck for this game.

@Gilver-Redgrave said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

The game is not the problem its the servers and we all know it. The servers barely managed running base PSO2 without lags (on a full channel) and you expect NGS with a far more demanding system and much more people to run on it ? Dont fool yourself.

I tell you how it is now Sega:" You have only 3 choices." 1.) Buy better Servers. 2.) Revert NGS back so it runs on the old System and Engine again so the old servers can run it. 3.) Wait it out until all the new player dont give a damn about PSO and leave.

Option 3 would be the worse because then you only have the old base PSO2 playerbase and not even all of them because you locked some out with the requirements of the game. So no matter what you do it results into investing/loosing money. Pick your poison.

They are both a problem. The games content is boring and the servers are garbage.

@HermitST ye for a full mmo there nothing in it. like i geing bored as is. end game is the same map parts but ""harder"" problem i can solo it on lvl 15 and in a party its a faster joke. i really fail to see what sega and MS think here? like for sega i get it, people in japan ok for what it is. but why did MS got in to it this hard? they think this will be a seller game?

i have only really seen lag today... the last few days i never noticed anything. for the most part it wasn't really that noticeable.

@MasterWimbley strange as today is the most lag free day so far. its from people just give up on this game but not much lag is good.

@samsaralotus said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

@MasterWimbley strange as today is the most lag free day so far. its from people just give up on this game but not much lag is good.

well like i said it was mostly not that noticeable. maybe a quick rubberbanding here or there but not too bad. only had one major lag hiccup that kicked me out of game it was so bad. but im not sure if it was the game or if it was just steam being stupid

@MasterWimbley well most people got lags from hell for 2 days and lots of people just leave the game.

@HermitST said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

They are both a problem. The games content is boring and the servers are garbage.

Hence why all server were "normal" today. I havent seen any server on "Crowded" or "Full". People abandon NGS very fast. People that want to play cant or like the hardcore fans push trough the lag and need anger management after that.Right now the game is more frustrating then it is fun and thats also because of the content.

Most people for some odd reason say :" Release games never have that much content." And i ask myself what kind of MMOs those people play because i have never seen any online game where the playerbase reaches end game after 4 days where two days were mostly unplayable because of maintenance (release day and emergency yesterday). So people really only had 2 full days of playing with hardcore lags and still reached endgame.

So yeah. In terms of content i give this game one more week and everyone is done and waits for the patch in Fall with the new Zone and Lv 35. Maybe some people will drop in for the Gigant World Boss and do it 1 or 2 times but thats about it. Maybe promoting NGS as a "Whole new game accesable via PSO2 and vice versa" was a bad call. This is not a new game....this is Eidolon ordered on Wish.

@Ryuujin said in You cant fix what aint broken SEGA.:

How are the JP servers holding up out of curiosity, are they having the same issues?

Fubuki (hololive vtuber) is streaming NGS right now and the lag is definitely noticeable on her stream, the same behavior of her hitting a mob for a few seconds with nothing showing up and then a burst of numbers showing up later. So it's definitely on JP too, though I'm not watching enough of the stream to tell how severe it is compared to Global.