Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.

@XenoBladeX37645 I can achieve perfect timing on solo fight but in chaotic battle of 32 player it's hard to see, it's hard to discern what boss is up to with particle and animation from MPA.

But anyway that's not the main issue, the issue of this topic is you don't get subclass weapon bonus, like using main class wep, as subclass you should get half like 5% bonus of main class weapon of 10%. You already get less from every subclass skill and yet the dev make it weaker.

@Virsia The only thing you get from a normal held guard is taking less damage and not getting flung across the area. You can't use the guard counter unless you parry with the guard, and you can't use Hunter Arts Avenger unless you parry with the PA startup. So no, you should be aiming to parry since a guard is a failed parry in the first place.

@Virsia said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

the main class bonus should be halved because just like every subclass you get half of that skill effect, why you removed entirely of main class weapon buff entirely?

• Neither: Normal attacks and weapon actions only.
  • Subclass: PAs and skills.
  • Main: +10% damage.

Subclass giving PA access is the vast majority of the "buffs". PAs compared to normal attacks (and in some weapons' cases, normal attacks that don't get the strongest end-of-combo attack skills) are worth way more than +10% damage.

@AiC-L did my comments doesn't show that I am aiming for perfect guard? Even so without said effect you still get benefit from it? Miss parry and you are flung away and possibly dying like what we seen in gigantix, a lot of wanna be parry dodger bite the dust.

It have benefit of failsafe so don't talk like it's bad.

Parry and dodge is less and that is fact you cannot deny.

@Miraglyth not all skill available as subclass so to offset this you should get half main damage bonus of 5%.

We already sacrifice a lot of skill and halved most available skill, we don't need for it to be much weaker than it is.

Like the title said don't make it unnecessary worse.

@Virsia If you're stacking as much defense as you say you are you shouldn't be getting oneshotted on anything but the most ridiculously telegraphed attacks, and you can Iron Will at least one. HAA has a wide enough window for the basic proc that you shouldn't be missing it unless you're getting blindsided or animation locked. So no, parry is better in your case. It might not be if the player is squishy, but in your case especially you should be trying to go for it.

@AiC-L you cannot use Iron will as subclass I think, only hunter main can, I am stacking defense because I am tech main, I am much prefer healing other character than myself, between that it's divided attention,paying attention to both character health bar and boss animation.

So yes I designed my character that way, in my case 5% damage goes long way it's like 2 and half might/technique.

@Virsia I would think you'd still be pretty bulky thanks to Deband, but I haven't actually played Te so I can't fairly comment on it.

@AiC-L well I have 558 hp, 119 PP, no Gigantix can one hit me even daytil axe strongest swing goes unblocked only deal like 200-260 dmg. Using vialto armor. Above stat is not counting buff food, usually I go with 10 crisp meat tho to offset my lack of dmg.

Still need to be seen with Nex GGX.

@Virsia said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

not all skill available as subclass so to offset this you should get half main damage bonus of 5%.

The skills they do get and PA access (which you keep trying to omit) are already more than half the benefit.

So as a Braver/Force, if I multi a Wired Lance onto a Katana solely for the weapon action would I still get the 10% dmg bonus since braver is my main? And is this whole thread the only dmg downside to multi'ing a weapon?

@Wex said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

So as a Braver/Force, if I multi a Wired Lance onto a Katana solely for the weapon action would I still get the 10% dmg bonus since braver is my main? And is this whole thread the only dmg downside to multi'ing a weapon?

Yep any braver main class weapon being the katana and bow get the 10% damage bonus no matter what. The only other possible downside to doing a multi weapon is if you mix different types like melee and rang has the cheaper and easier to option affixes tend to be single stats. So you would either make one of the weapons weaker by using the wrong stat affix for it, or need to spend a lot of mesta on affixes that cover multiple stats, though braver did get a new affix for melee/rng which makes this a bit easier

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

@Wex said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

Yep any braver main class weapon being the katana and bow get the 10% damage bonus no matter what. The only other possible downside to doing a multi weapon is if you mix different types like melee and rang has the cheaper and easier to option affixes tend to be single stats. So you would either make one of the weapons weaker by using the wrong stat affix for it, or need to spend a lot of mesta on affixes that cover multiple stats, though braver did get a new affix for melee/rng which makes this a bit easier

Edit: should clarify the 10% damage doesn’t apply to specifically multi weapons, all your main class weapons get a 10% damage boost, the weapons from your sub class don’t. This applies regardless if the weapon has been multied or not.

Edit 2: not sure what happens here lol, was trying to edit my first post

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Lol all good, i plan to go all melee/potency affixes anyway (Might, Gigas Might, Daityl Soul & Ael Domina). So all good as far as dmg/potency goes for that multi (Katana/Wired Lance) combo right?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 Lol all good, i plan to go all melee/potency affixes anyway (Might, Gigas Might, Daityl Soul & Ael Domina). So all good as far as dmg/potency goes for that multi (Katana/Wired Lance) combo right?

Yep perfectly fine.