Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.

@Miraglyth said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

Might I suggest we start a separate topic for the present usefulness of War Cry, and potential adjustments it might warrant? I think that one has some good discussion mileage in its own right.

Yeah, I forgot to mention this in my previous post but I've bought some Hunter gear and I'm getting the class to 20. It's going to be more comprehensive than the usual forum post.

EDIT: Also yes I have a very small bone to pick with Blight Rounds.

I do think it should not exist in the first place the main class bonus dmg, we go extra mile making stuff giving augs and finding fixa it's expensive and that's how it should be rewarded, not for free but via skill point and upgrade.

Multi weapon is an effort that should be rewarded or else why use it? Wasting my money for useless thing.

We should encourage creativity and team work.

In fact I like the enemy we have in game to be harder, deadlier and menacing, I want to taste defeat, I want something that have grit that is merciless and capable to wipe entire 32 room MPA.

I want boss to be actual boss not punching bag, Pettas, Nex feels too casual and doesn't pose actual danger.

It hit for lousy 10-20 dmg.

I want true victory attained by blood and sweat not easily attained hollow victory.

@Virsia said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

I do think it should not exist in the first place the main class bonus dmg, we go extra mile making stuff giving augs and finding fixa it's expensive and that's how it should be rewarded, not for free but via skill point and upgrade.

Multi weapon is an effort that should be rewarded or else why use it? Wasting my money for useless thing.

We should encourage creativity and team work.

In fact I like the enemy we have in game to be harder, deadlier and menacing, I want to taste defeat, I want something that have grit that is merciless and capable to wipe entire 32 room MPA.

I want boss to be actual boss not punching bag, Pettas, Nex feels too casual and doesn't pose actual danger.

It hit for lousy 10-20 dmg.

I want true victory attained by blood and sweat not easily attained hollow victory.

I can only guess they are easy because they are so low level. They seem to have launched the game without an endgame experience. All of the content is beginner level stuff as far as mechanics go. The urgent quests can really drag when you're fighting for 15-20 minutes without much variety in distinct phases.

Regarding multi weapon, I think they can be worth the cost because the potential, the grind level and the augments apply to both weapons, right? So we get a 2-for-1 on the upgrades price.

@Zodiac-2 Then I think it should at least have half bonus? 5% still lower but still better than no bonus. I mean it's subclass weapon less but still pack a punch, no bonus if you using weapon that is not your main or subclass.

That's still less but still rewarding, it's reward creativity, effort and work put into it.

Half hunter doesn't deal as much as full-time hunter make sense, but half hunter is better than non hunter wielding a sword seems about right.

@Zodiac-2 said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

Regarding multi weapon, I think they can be worth the cost because the potential, the grind level and the augments apply to both weapons, right? So we get a 2-for-1 on the upgrades price.

Correct. It'd still be slightly more expensive than just enhancing two 4★ weapons to +40, but add in a second set of potential unlock costs and using multi-weapons to basically get two distinct upgraded weapons for the price of one saves money (let alone gathered materials like Trinite) rather than wasting it.

(It also takes up one less inventory space, which doesn't feel like it's much of a concern in NGS but something to think about anyway.)

@Virsia said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

Half hunter doesn't deal as much as full-time hunter make sense, but half hunter is better than non hunter wielding a sword seems about right.

That's already the case. Fighter/Force or any other non-Hunter combination using a sword as the secondary part of a multi-weapon can only use its normal attacks and weapon actions. No PAs, no associated skills (so not even the strong fifth normal).

Wow I Am really happy with multi-weapon! So happy. Like beast-mode! Game changer for real! I can solo Gigantix! So this was what you guys were leaving out!!!!

@Rorana said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

66b06e55-4b67-4456-96e4-6b14ac31b225-image.png

Recently came across this on the subreddit. I am just curious why this is a thing at all, just limits creativity and viability of different weapon combos. I am hoping SEGA will remove this...I just cant see why this exists at all.

Now I understand it.........took a minute to understand once I made my multi-weapon.

I did Hunter main and Fighter sub with Paritzan and sword as my build. But now I can see how people are trying to manipulate the system to get that over power effects in the unorthodox setups contradicting builds.

A multi-weapon Partisan/Sword is no stronger than a non-multi Partisan and a non-multi Sword, regardless of who's using it. Multi-weapons and the MCB are independent things.

@Miraglyth said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

A multi-weapon Partisan/Sword is no stronger than a non-multi Partisan and a non-multi Sword, regardless of who's using it. Multi-weapons and the MCB are independent things.

Why would you say that? The system of multi-weapon of course is not about power but about the aspect and objective abilities.

@Miraglyth but that's because of skill point so yes it should be there, the main class bonus should be halved because just like every subclass you get half of that skill effect, why you removed entirely of main class weapon buff entirely? That's seems like unjust and unnecessary.

If you go half then do it all the way, as hunter subclass for example you gave up a lot of nice skill, you get half of hunter body effect, can't use war cry.

Removing the weapon buff entirely is going too far, for next level what else you can pick exactly? With current skill tree? Allocating it to partizan? Wired? Which I never use beside in the beginning just because wanted to try out it's combo?

I don't like weapon that rely on dodge or parry, I want block.

Never was my style to dodge my way out of situation, not even in old PSO2.

@Virsia most weapons in pso2 dont block, same with ngs. And tbf there isnt much different between blocking and parrying. If anything parrying takes more skill

@XenoBladeX37645 And I don't like that weapon, never did tbh I just cheese it's by adding a lot of defense and going for def armor because I will never use the parry or dodge, 999999 dmg? Still appear in that kind of build anyway, I may try to parry or dodge in solo run but in chaotic 32 room with animation and effect flying around it's hard to see what boss is doing or what kind of attack it would use.

In term of block if you miss perfect timing you get normal block which reduces incoming damage, in parry/dodge if you miss then you get the same damage like taking hit head on, hence less value.

You block in order to nullify or reduce, that is the intention.

@Virsia Less value...I mean...if you pary you get a counter attack and a combo finisher which allows you to keep fighting right after

@XenoBladeX37645 you can get the same with block, there is hunter block counter and after taking a hit as hunter you get increase potency for limited time, so yes less value if you just dodge or parry, hunter in NGS is not designed to evade they take hit and reduce it or perfect block it then followed by counter to activate their skill to increase potency of their attack.

You are missing taking less damage if you miss the timing.- less value for same amount of effort.

@Virsia If youre good enough taking less damage wont be needed but alright