Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.

66b06e55-4b67-4456-96e4-6b14ac31b225-image.png

Recently came across this on the subreddit. I am just curious why this is a thing at all, just limits creativity and viability of different weapon combos. I am hoping SEGA will remove this...I just cant see why this exists at all.

I assume every change they've been making to classes since betas has been to try and curb meta picks early on so people just expirement with what they like with gameplay.

NGS in general feels like an even more casual experience compared to base pso2. Which is certainly interesting.

Wait, remove it? Honestly that was a good change. Everyone was talking about using Techter as a fake main class and using their real main class as a subclass, entirely because that let them Shifta/Deband themselves and still act like their subclass was a main class with virtually no penalty.

As for a melee-rod multiweapon not giving the rod a power bonus for Might III, that makes total sense. Rods should use technique weapon potency, even as the secondary part of a multi-weapon. We have dual-type augments like Ael Note B-D and those would be useless if you could just slap the cheaper Might I on for the same effect.

It is pretty frustrating finding out that for what a big deal they made about the multiweapons there is a penalty to using them. I thought not being able to use the class's key skill with the weapons was supposed to be enough of a penalty.

@DoBarrelRolls said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

It is pretty frustrating finding out that for what a big deal they made about the multiweapons there is a penalty to using them. I thought not being able to use the class's key skill with the weapons was supposed to be enough of a penalty.

It’s not a penalty to multiweapon, you main class weapons get a 10% damage buff, I think that applies even if the weapon isn’t a multi weapon. Theirs still plenty of combinations you can use that can make the most out of this. Rod/tails, rifle/launcher etc

It's just 10% We had 220% penalty in base PSO2 Stop crying about minmax when you're so so far away from a skill ceiling where such details even matter.

@DoBarrelRolls said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

I thought not being able to use the class's key skill with the weapons was supposed to be enough of a penalty.

The class's key skill, maybe, but weapon skills don't have a penalty. You can use Sword Attack Extra, Sword Guard Counter and Sword Guard Counter Plus with Hunter as a subclass - and I'm pretty sure the same applies to every other class too - and you only lose Iron Will, War Cry and nominal damage reduction.

If main classes didn't have a STAB for their own weapons, Hunter main would be one of the worst ways to do damage with Hunter weapons! That's just nonsensical IMO.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

It’s not a penalty to multiweapon, you main class weapons get a 10% damage buff, I think that applies even if the weapon isn’t a multi weapon. Theirs still plenty of combinations you can use that can make the most out of this. Rod/tails, rifle/launcher etc

You cannot "trick" the penalty by making the half of the multiweapon a sub weapon, you will simply do 10% less damage when using PAs with that "half" of the weapon

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

It's just 10% We had 220% penalty in base PSO2 Stop crying about minmax when you're so so far away from a skill ceiling where such details even matter.

That's a pretty bold claim considering you don't really know much about my play. I tend to play games at the level where this matters, hell I was one of the few people who S ranked twisted by hatred before NGS came out. I'm not here to flex skill or anything I just think that this limits creativity.

@Miraglyth said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

Wait, remove it? Honestly that was a good change. Everyone was talking about using Techter as a fake main class and using their real main class as a subclass, entirely because that let them Shifta/Deband themselves and still act like their subclass was a main class with virtually no penalty.

As for a melee-rod multiweapon not giving the rod a power bonus for Might III, that makes total sense. Rods should use technique weapon potency, even as the secondary part of a multi-weapon. We have dual-type augments like Ael Note B-D and those would be useless if you could just slap the cheaper Might I on for the same effect.

Then thats not a problem with the weapons themselves, that's a problem with main class skills being too weak to compete with techter. Also, is it weird that I don't really see that as a bad thing? Techers SHOULD be able to use any weapon they please if they want to, a 10% damage nerf just seems like a Band-Aid to the problem

@Rorana said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

You cannot "trick" the penalty by making the half of the multiweapon a sub weapon, you will simply do 10% less damage when using PAs with that "half" of the weapon

What? Read the post properly, you can’t trick the system into giving a 10% damage boost to a weapon from your sub class by using the multi weapon system. The 10% boost is buff to your main class weapons.

@Rorana said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

Techers SHOULD be able to use any weapon they please if they want to

And here I thought they were called Techters and not Weapon Masters.

@Miraglyth said in Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons worse for no reason.:

That was literally what they advertised for NGS...why advertise multi-weapon and then make it a bit sub par?

@Miraglyth said in [Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons

That was literally what they advertised for NGS...

Can anyone fill me in? I certainly didn't see "Techters will better than all the other classes at using their own weapons" as any part of the showcases, Prologues or previews.

@Miraglyth said in [Can we remove the 10% damage bonus to using "main class weapons" in NGS, just makes multiweapons

That was literally what they advertised for NGS...

Can anyone fill me in? I certainly didn't see "Techters will better than all the other classes at using their own weapons" as any part of the showcases, Prologues or previews.

Kind of misrepresenting my argument here. was more of "look at all these creative play styles you can make with multiweapon!" except its now "no not like that".

Kind of misrepresenting my argument here.

I literally took your argument at face value because you directly and specifically responded to my statement about Techters as Weapon Masters. But if you want me to misinterpret it to what you probably meant I'll rewind a few posts and try that, mostly because it should illustrate how silly that conversation route would be:

Techters CAN use any weapon they please if they want to. Everything they advertised about multi-weapon is completely possible.

That was literally what they advertised for NGS...why advertise multi-weapon and then make it a bit sub par?

Um that's essentially what it allows. Only thing is that some skills, like in base PSO2, are locked to a class when it's used as a main. Theres also weapon fusion, which again works as advertised. They didn't try to sell you some fantastical thing, they delivered what was promised. Its one reason why you don't over hype things, or don't assume things you haven't heard from the horses mouth.