More skill trees by default.

This has been an issue ever since the launch of pso2 in 2012, and has persisted throughout the game's life to a degree (albeit not as bad in the endgame of pso2).

Being unable to reset skill trees at will means that you have to choose between using a class as a dedicated main class, or dedicated subclass since optimally building either makes you unable to do the same for the other because there aren't enough skill points to do so. The only way to get around this is to buy a second tree, or use a skill tree reset pass which are only given away at sega's discretion, and the result is a system where you have to pay in order to fully utilize a class.

In my opinion, that should not be a thing in general; My suggestion is to either give us the ability to rework our trees at will, or give us 2 trees per class by default.

Yep, we should have the ability to freely reset our skill trees for NMeseta. With the option to buy a secondary tree for all classes for convenience. This lets people experiment and have more fun with a game without feeling defeated because they accidentally spent a point in a skill that doesn't work for them. That on paper isn't clear.

@Soccertitan said in More skill trees by default.:

Yep, we should have the ability to freely reset our skill trees for NMeseta. With the option to buy a secondary tree for all classes for convenience. This lets people experiment and have more fun with a game without feeling defeated because they accidentally spent a point in a skill that doesn't work for them. That on paper isn't clear.

Agreed. as well with NMeseta being basically spoon feed, there needs to be another form of currency dump outside of the playershop. And redoing, as well adding / removing additional skill trees would be a perfect currency dump.

I don't think it should even be with N meseta. If this game rolls out like pso2, or any other online phantasy star game for that matter, meseta costs will increase. I was thinking of it just being something you can do in the sense that not every interaction has to be some kind of resource or money sink. It could also be something you earn in game through performance.

For instance; Cocoons and towers are pretty one and done as things stand now, there's no reason to ever revisit one. But what if you were rewarded for clearing towers with a perfect score in under a certain amount of time. Doesn't have to only be reset passes, anything really to make cocoons and towers interesting beyond just doing them once for the skill points.