Bring back trading

@sonic65101 said in Bring back trading:

@BlackZero500 said in Bring back trading:

I cant totally understand why they did it, but its a drag nontheless. Like when you are Farming in a group and one of them finds the drop you specifically want it would be cool if one could just give it to me. On the other hand like i said i understand it because in many games RMT is a big problem.

It's disrespectful/discourteous to the F2P playerbase.

Or to stop meseta sellers and buyers. So far it seems to be working because there is literally no way to trade it. Now those said meseta sellers are just poaching personal info from the less educated crowd.

Besides from the feedback of JP and Global player trading outside of player shops are barely used.

@Zeke said in Bring back trading:

@BlackZero500 said in Bring back trading:

I cant totally understand why they did it, but its a drag nontheless. Like when you are Farming in a group and one of them finds the drop you specifically want it would be cool if one could just give it to me. On the other hand like i said i understand it because in many games RMT is a big problem.

It's disrespectful/discourteous to the F2P playerbase.

Or to stop meseta sellers and buyers. So far it seems to be working because there is literally no way to trade it. Now those said meseta sellers are just poaching personal info from the less educated crowd.

Besides from the feedback of JP and Global player trading outside of player shops are barely used.

To clarify, I meant the removal of Personal Shop Passes was discourteous. Diectly trading was never a feature accessible to F2P.

Yeah i totally agree with that. Personal Shop Passes should be more accessible.

Would really like to see it back. Having to risk putting items up in the shop for friends to grab isn't fun 😕

If they are worried about RMT, then just add a level requirement-- like you need to be level 5 or 10 or passed a certain part of the story to have access to trading.

I feel like the cons of removing it easily outweigh the pros though.

Or to stop meseta sellers and buyers. So far it seems to be working because there is literally no way to trade it. Now those said meseta sellers are just poaching personal info from the less educated crowd. Besides from the feedback of JP and Global player trading outside of player shops are barely used.

It's not working, because people are buying/selling meseta since like day 2 of NGS, lol. As long as there is -any- sort of trading system in a game, whether it be direct trading, auction house, donating, there will always be RMT and there is no real way to combat it changing ingame systems.

Restricting systems in the name of RMT is a load of gobshite, and is 100% not what SEGA is doing here.

@Matt said in Bring back trading:

Or to stop meseta sellers and buyers. So far it seems to be working because there is literally no way to trade it. Now those said meseta sellers are just poaching personal info from the less educated crowd. Besides from the feedback of JP and Global player trading outside of player shops are barely used.

It's not working, because people are buying/selling meseta since like day 2 of NGS, lol. As long as there is -any- sort of trading system in a game, whether it be direct trading, auction house, donating, there will always be RMT and there is no real way to combat it changing ingame systems.

Restricting systems in the name of RMT is a load of gobshite, and is 100% not what SEGA is doing here.

You say selling and buying, but I only see spammers selling. Or should I say trying to sell(stealing info let's be real). I've noticed new bots instead of the old ones. Sega is definitely banning the bot accounts already.

If you got something that Sega overlooked to stop the RMT you can always bring it to their attention. Im sure they'll appreciate any info if people are somehow buying. Hell I'm curious on where you got the info that anyone is buying. Are you just assuming?

To clarify, I meant the removal of Personal Shop Passes was discourteous. Diectly trading was never a feature accessible to F2P.

As far as I know, this is more a return to the roots, not removal. Personal Shop passes were a thing mostly due to giving out too much FUN points, so much so that Personal Quarterse and Personal Shops lost their exclusivity.

We're just seeing a return to what it was in the first place: a paid benefit.

Ultimately I think it's better to have a much clearer line drawn between the paid and free services. Keeps things simple and straight-forward.

@kztm said in Bring back trading:

As far as I know, this is more a return to the roots, not removal. Personal Shop passes were a thing mostly due to giving out too much FUN points, so much so that Personal Quarterse and Personal Shops lost their exclusivity.

Ultimately I think it's better to have a much clearer line drawn between the paid and free services. Keeps things simple and straight-forward.

It's disrespectful, and puts F2P players at a disadvantage, and adds an element of pay-to-win.

I don't think "respect" is something to bring into the discussion. If you're not a paying customer, it's hard to justify that you should be treated an equal to paying customers. "Respect" is such a vague point on which to dwell.

If anything, I consider it respectful to get Premium Set, if you really enjoy the game. Demanding a fully-featured FREE product is disrespectful, don't you think?

As to pay-to-win...well, Premium Set is like a baseline, as can be seen from its pricing being more or less on par with subscription games. From that baseline, they take away important features to pursuade players to pay.

Consider f2p in PSO2 to be a free trial that is subject to limitations, and it won't look like pay-to-win anymore.

@kztm said in Bring back trading:

It's disrespectful, and puts F2P players at a disadvantage, and adds an element of pay-to-win.

What the what? Literally the only things that cost an arm and a leg are cosmetics. Weapons/units are dirt cheap to get. Doing weeklies also makes it dirt cheap to upgrade.

NGS/PSO2 isn't p2w. Maplestory and BDO are p2w. Look at those games before throwing around the p2w term.

It's loaded logic but I can understand the thought process behind the p2w logic: can't sell/trade stuff = harder to get meseta = harder to afford the best augments and slower in collecting everything required for the best gear = disadvantaged in endgame because of not paying = this game is p2w.

In that sense, any game that provides a free trial or f2p component can be said to be p2w. The only games not p2w are those that charge a flat subscription from everyone.

Honestly I think this is at least better than the "disrespectful to f2p players" argument, not by much, though.

@Arcflare said in Bring back trading:

Ontop of that FUN is already stated to becoming back along with the personal shop passes.

I haven't heard about this. I certainly hope it's true though. Where did you hear about this from?

@Calista It was removed to ensure trading is done through the player shop to ensure meseta gets removed through taxing. Partucularly for featured AC scratch items, since they also added a minimum sell price to these.

As a paying player. just bring back trading the lack of it is just a unnecessary pain that solves nothing

Free to Play players must be respected, as the Free to Play model relies on people playing to encourage people to spend. Sounds like people in this thread don't understand how the free to play model works -- it isn't to give you a "free trial"`of a game and it isn't done out of the kindness of the developer's hearts. People who spend money on the game are not "above" free players.

Free to Play players are content -- ask many people why they play a certain game over another competing one, and a common answer will be "because my friends play", and as we all know, a game like PSO2 generally is not fun if it's a ghost town. How many of you would still be playing (and paying) if there was nobody playing NGS at all? Probably none of you.

Things that drive free players away from games are bad, you cannot make any excuses for this. In the current state of NGS, free players are walled by the progression hurdles of daily gathering, weekly meseta and no real way to make any progress due to no shop or trading. This will put a sour taste in a lot of peoples' mouths, and make them go away. It doesn't matter that they didn't pay any money, these players are content and losing them is a huge loss.

I have been premium since the launch of PSO2 Global, and I have many friends who aren't on premium for one reason or another (maybe no disposable income, maybe they need to save up, maybe they're just taking a break but get on from time to time to play), and I believe none of those players should have a worse gameplay experience than I do. I pay for convenience, you should not have to pay for progression.