Bring back trading

@Zeke

Well then that has failed spectacularly as bots are up already every time I log in now.

Punishing the majority because of a select minority?

This surely cant be the whole reason can it?

@MaoriPom said in Bring back trading:

@Zeke

Well then that has failed spectacularly as bots are up already every time I log in now.

Punishing the majority because of a select minority?

This surely cant be the whole reason can it?

Well considering they got rid of trading and put a requirement to even use the player shop it does put a stop to them more than you think.

Hopefully the numbnuts will figure out they can't buy meseta anymore due to the trade function going away and will stop giving their personal info to the sellers.

@Zeke

Yeah but its still punishing the majority for the sake of the minority now is it not?

@Zeke

Yeah but its still punishing the majority for the sake of the minority now is it not?

It sucks. Not much we can really do though. Forums posts won't be enough to stop it and the JP devs seem very clear that isn't going away either.

@MaoriPom RMTs are a far bigger problem that subtly has a negative effect on everyone. It is minor inconvenience to the majority to prevent a minority from ruining the game for all.

@Zeke

Yup it does suck lol. Never know they could be just waiting to see if the demand is there.

I hope they bring back trading tbh. Thats just my opinion tho 🙂

@ultimatecalibur

It does not ruin the game for all sorry bud. I thoroughly enjoyed PSO2

@ultimatecalibur

It does not ruin the game for all sorry bud. I thoroughly enjoyed PSO2

Whoops sorry i reread your post 🙂

Still dont agree with that mentality tho.

@Zeke said in Bring back trading:

@Yggranya said in Bring back trading:

If they actually decided to screw over paying customers in an attempt to combat bots, they failed pathetically. No, more likely they just don't want people to trade AC items to their friends with ease in an attempt to make people skip the hoops and buy AC. Sales will soar! (unless people see it for what it is and decide to not support such scum).

Even in JP meseta sellers were an issue. You can't even use the personal shop until some ways into the NGS tutorial story. It harms the sellers more than you think. Honestly there isn't really a true way to beat them unless they IP the biggest culprit and that's China. Anyone who's anyone knows Microsoft would never let that happen so unfortunately it's something all MMO games have to deal with.

And so screwing over paying customers (which i'm not) is pretty much pointless. Maybe they'll keep it for a few weeks to slow bots down and reverse this decision to get more premium sales. Of course if the sales won't get worse, then there won't be any need to change it back. Not a win-win but a win for sega nonetheless. You know, a test to see if they can get away with it scot-free with a believable excuse to boot.

Pretty sure its already been stated that they plan on adding a feature to the personal shop to where you can lock items so only certain people see the items you listed while still having tax on items from trading. Ontop of that FUN is already stated to becoming back along with the personal shop passes.

Biggest issue is neither of these features were implemented with the launch which is a massive oversight (or was it intentional?) since its affected people a lot more than they were expecting it to. Me and my friends have already tried trading items through the shop by listing them cheap but they instantly get sniped by someone else so until the lock feature is implemented into the shop, trrading through it isnt even feasible.

@Arcflare I haven't heard anything about them bringing a feature to the personal shop.

It would be amazing if we had two 'shops' one for the public and one for friends/alliance. And your private shop should be able to put things up for free for your friends.

I think SEGAs ultimate goal with the shop is to see who buys what. Maybe they have no way of tracking when players trade and with who.

@Soccertitan said in Bring back trading:

I think SEGAs ultimate goal with the shop is to see who buys what. Maybe they have no way of tracking when players trade and with who.

I'm sure they do. It'd probably help them catch those scammer bots who are always advertising illegal Websites.

I cant totally understand why they did it, but its a drag nontheless. Like when you are Farming in a group and one of them finds the drop you specifically want it would be cool if one could just give it to me. On the other hand like i said i understand it because in many games RMT is a big problem.

@BlackZero500 said in Bring back trading:

I cant totally understand why they did it, but its a drag nontheless. Like when you are Farming in a group and one of them finds the drop you specifically want it would be cool if one could just give it to me. On the other hand like i said i understand it because in many games RMT is a big problem.

It's disrespectful/discourteous to the F2P playerbase.