Bring back trading

No idea why this was removed for premium users. We can trade on base PSO2 but not in NGS. Having to list stuff for your friends on the personal shop and hope they buy it dirt cheap is a crappy way to trade

I completely agree with this sentiment

@Calista I don't think its something they took out as much as that it is content they just havn't added yet? Which would seem to be the gripe with 50% of people is just the lack of content to begin with ( Quests, story, MAG, etc).

I'm fine with no trading. A lot of NA players didn't use it in PSO2JP and a lot haven't used it in Global either, opting to instead have one person use premium and have a Photon Capsule Machine running to give items to others.

But the PCM can't be used to offer NGS items, sadly. Maybe if/when we get a personal quarters for NGS, we can have an N-Photon Capsule Machine.

@coldreactive Yeah, opting for someone to spend money to do something that is a very common, simple, free feature in every other game.

@coldreactive said in Bring back trading:

I'm fine with no trading. A lot of NA players didn't use it in PSO2JP and a lot haven't used it in Global either, opting to instead have one person use premium and have a Photon Capsule machine running to give items to others.

I'm a JP veteran and we used it all the time and it was the standard on some ships. It was used to swap AC items frequently.

@Aperture-Mage said in Bring back trading:

@coldreactive Yeah, opting for someone to spend money to do something that is a very common, simple, free feature in every other game.

You mean like in Tree of Savior? They require a premium subscription to trade unlimited times a day.

Yeah, the lack of any kind of trading is rough. I also hated how the locked it behind premium in original PSO2. I'd be fine with a "Personal Capsule Machine" type option, but without PQ in NGS, not sure how that would work.

@Aperture-Mage said in Bring back trading:

@Calista I don't think its something they took out as much as that it is content they just havn't added yet? They intentionally disabled Player to Player direct trading and it is unlikely to ever be unlocked.

Also that "simple free feature" is one of the major ways botted RMT is enabled. Since the farm accounts can not trade to a holding account RMT bots are unable to amass the large amounts of N-mesata they need to make RMT in NGS viable. Prices will be inflating far slower than in most other games.

It's to combat RMT with meseta. The trade function from player to player isn't coming back.

I'm fine with no trading, but maybe they could bring back Personal Shop Passes and add an option to only let certain items be bought by friends?

@sonic65101 I believe the alliance member trading is still going to be a thing though cause who in their right mind would invite a bot to their alliance?

Just going to say bring back trading,. and for ppl saying this is to fight the bots in one hand they are already on ngs, on the other disabling trading and making something as trading a hassle to accomplish seems like the laziest way to fight the bot problem, is not like sega is your corner store, they should be able to follow this places and hit them with cease and desist letters or figure out ways to fight it. Affecting the players because is the easiest way to solve the problem is not a solution.

If they actually decided to screw over paying customers in an attempt to combat bots, they failed pathetically. No, more likely they just don't want people to trade AC items to their friends with ease in an attempt to make people skip the hoops and buy AC. Sales will soar! (unless people see it for what it is and decide to not support such scum).

@Yggranya said in Bring back trading:

If they actually decided to screw over paying customers in an attempt to combat bots, they failed pathetically. No, more likely they just don't want people to trade AC items to their friends with ease in an attempt to make people skip the hoops and buy AC. Sales will soar! (unless people see it for what it is and decide to not support such scum).

Even in JP meseta sellers were an issue. You can't even use the personal shop until some ways into the NGS tutorial story. It harms the sellers more than you think. Honestly there isn't really a true way to beat them unless they IP the biggest culprit and that's China. Anyone who's anyone knows Microsoft would never let that happen so unfortunately it's something all MMO games have to deal with.