so will NGS make it

now that we got 2 days to play (lag) and see what the game got in terms of content. you think its going to cut it? as much as the combat is combat what is there to do when you leveled to 20 and got a weapon to max. you thik the game make it in the long run or lose to much people and die?

You don't know PSO very well do you? Base PSO(arguably all of it) and Base PSO2 had less content than NGS and they did very well.

Content will come out in time and the PSO franchise has shown it will never die. People just got spoiled from the 1 year rush if content global got.

@Zeke i do know it. i know it was as low content as this. what i as is not if it do ok in japan(i know it will) but if it do so here. here games that got low content do now last as good as they be. look at past big mmo that was the top of the top for its time but did bot add content as fast as people hoped.

I think it will, though they may need to shorten update releases to keep us interested.

@MagmaBlaze well next update is in half a year or so. will there be smaller events ? hell if we know. it looks as if sega hope people will play base game for the time.

@Zeke said in so will NGS make it:

You don't know PSO very well do you? Base PSO(arguably all of it) and Base PSO2 had less content than NGS and they did very well.

I'm wondering if PSO "Ver.1" on the Dreamcast had less content; it's probably a matter of definition.

NGS has more terrain but fewer distinct environments than PSO's four. NGS presently has 12 weapon types and probably about 60 unique weapons up to 4★, while PSO had well over 100 weapons spanning more unique weapon types (unique to PSO: Sabers, handguns, canes, shots, slicers and claws. Unique to NGS: Wires, launchers and talises) and up to 12★. For armour (even before considering armour and units on PSO were two different things) the variety on Dreamcast PSO blows present-state NGS out of the water.

NGS probably has more unique enemies already, but fewer quests with dialogue; though voiced, the amount of story dialogue feels like it's about the total content of Rico's messages throughout PSO. Meanwhile side quest content is limited to a handful of NPC client-order-style tasks whereas in PSO (Dreamcast) there were around two dozen Hunters Guild quests with character dialogue throughout.

This is of course an unfair comparison; PSO released as a full-price game and had limited upgrade capability. (Even Universe several years later would struggle with that, needing to hold environment data on the PS2 discs and drawing criticism for a subscription network mode that basically operated by withholding finished content to release periodically.)

But at the same time for the amount of content we've got I'm honestly quite surprised they haven't thrown in a bunch of unvoiced client orders to either space out the story segments a little more or at least give the hours spent in our 8 sectors a little more meaning than they presently have. Client orders really aren't a new concept to PSO2 after all.

@samsaralotus said in so will NGS make it:

@Zeke i do know it. i know it was as low content as this. what i as is not if it do ok in japan(i know it will) but if it do so here. here games that got low content do now last as good as they be. look at past big mmo that was the top of the top for its time but did bot add content as fast as people hoped.

No you really don't know it. PSO has been like this with its launch every game. It always ends up thriving. PSO2 base has so much less content yet look how that one turned out.

You're just trying to justify your anger on something you don't seem to like. Nothing more and nothing less.

@Zeke I'm not really getting any anger from him my guy. Just an opinion.

I feel like the complaints about the current content are somewhat justified. GW2 did a noticeably better job with its starting areas and the fact that (iirc.) only 2 of the available areas can be upscaled feels like a wasted opportunity as an upscale function to whatever the current endgame level for mobs is should have been the standard for all areas.

@Zeke dont get me wrong i like the the game its just dont got content. the games did well in japan. as japanes fans are forgiving. will it do so here. hope it will

@Zeke dont get me wrong i like the the game its just dont got content. the games did well in japan. as japanes fans are forgiving. will it do so here. hope it will

No disrespect but you could have fooled me. I think this post is the first time I've seen you say anything remotely positive about the game.

Japanese fans? Forgiving?

ಠ_ಠ

You haven't been on many Japanese message boards with MMO's if you think they're forgiving. Japanese people aren't as polite as people keep making them out to be. That's like weeaboo level thinking.

@Zeke said in so will NGS make it:

Japanese fans? Forgiving?

ಠ_ಠ

You haven't been on many Japanese message boards with MMO's if you think they're forgiving. Japanese people aren't as polite as people keep making them out to be. That's like weeaboo level thinking.

Japanese people still haven't let Mizuki Kawashita live down Ichigo 100% and that was like 15 years ago.

I feel that the open world is what is contributing to the feeling of the lack of content. You're essentially sitting around and waiting for certain things to happen instead of hopping into a mission to try to farm for it.

@Lorient well you just see what you want to see. i did say time and time that ngs got a really good combat. looks good. just ned more content. i do say that the devs did a good job its sega that sucks