Environment

• Steam
  • Win10 Pro 21H1
  • Intel i7-6700K
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Radeon RX 580 on a 4K monitor
  • Graphics at 6 normally, 4 for Nex Vera UQs
  • Ship 3
  • Currently running a 20 TE / 20 FO build.

Bugs

• I couldn't start the game on any platform until I switched to windowed mode.
    • Once I did, I was able to change back to virtual fullscreen.
  • I can't find any weapons in the player store.
    • I kept searching for various types of weapon with one or two other filters, but none ever came up in the list. Even though I could see a ton when I would go to sell my own.
    • Searching for a weapon by name is successful (after a substantial wait) as long as the weapon filter is not selected.
  • Hair color is substantially different between old hair styles and new hair styles.
    • My hair color setting looks like it used to (dark blue) when I try a new hair style, but it looks completely black and plasticky when I use an old one. This will discourage me from buying new hair styles, since it would mean using a salon pass every time I switch between new and old styles just to keep the hair color the same.
  • Messages from alliance members were not displayed consistently.
    • The messages always show up in the chat box (good!). Some times they're also displayed in chat bubbles on the screen, some times they're not. When they did show up, they would pop up in random parts of the screen. This all made for a very weird dynamic.
  • Attempting to withdraw items from the personal shop always fails.
    • I just get a message saying Unable to withdraw item(s). [No. 2106].
  • Today, attempting to list items in the personal shop always fails.
    • I just get a message saying Unable to put your item(s) up for sale. [No. 2105].
    • This apparently means that your shop privileges have run out of time. Please provide a descriptive error message for this.
  • In the player shop, Head Parts are listed under Consumables > Hairstyles, instead of Consumables > Head Parts.
  • When enhancing an item, it occasionally gets stuck while selecting the items to consume as materials.
    • An item may be highlighted, but not shown in the list of "Material Items and Enhancement Exp Obtained."
    • It may not be possible to select an item.
  • When replacing a weapon in your palette with one of the same type, it sets the list of PAs to one of your previous sets.
    • It should not modify the list of selected PAs for that palette slot.
  • [6/13] Attempting to use an N-Augmentation Success Rate +5% item always fails.
    • It always produces the error "There was a connection error. Returning to the Lab Selection Screen."
    • Attempted to complete the transaction with the +5% item in my storage and in my inventory.
    • Attempting the same augmentation without that item proceeds as usual.
  • [6/14] When viewing the sales in your personal shop, the "Player ID Name" field is always "-".
  • [6/14] Weapon Camos... I don't even know how many bugs I just saw.
    • Tried to set the "* Miracle Magic" weapon camo for my rod. It showed up in the list, but the model changed back to the base instead of the camo.
    • Removed the "* Miracle Magic" camo from all my weapons. Some of them still showed the camo icon, even though they said "No Equipment".
    • A few rounds of swapping later, the "* Miracle Magic" camo finally took effect on my rod.
  • [6/14] Consumed stamps (STPs) still appear as though they aren't known when viewing in the player shop.
    • I'm not buying a duplicate stamp just to test if it applies in your inventory as well.
  • [6/15] Applied weapon camos don't show up when previewing other fashion items.
  • [6/15] The Steam achievement "Brilliant Growth!" does not seem to trigger properly.
    • Obviously some people have gotten this. Perhaps the description doesn't actually match the requirements.
    • [NGS] Proof of reaching Level 20 with any class in PSO2:NGS. ARKS defenders, reach for the stars!
  • [6/15] When editing your outfit, the "Body Paint" section is hard to find. Unlike the rest of the clothing, it's on the "Body" tab.
    • Since this is primarily aesthetic things like gloves and socks, it would make more sense to have it on the "Fashion" tab.
    • The other items on the "Body" tab are primarily related to modifying the size and shape of the character's body, and are largely permanent.
  • [6/15] While it is nice to have the hairstyles near the eyebrows and eyelashes, it would also be nice to have them show up on the Fashion tab as well.
  • [6/15] It's hard to understand what causes the character's body or face to switch between the old and new models. Some better indication of what is compatible with all models and what is limited to one type would be greatly appreciated.
  • [6/15] The fashion preview for trying on items shows outfit textures at a substantially reduced quality to that of the rest of the game.
    • Example: The Slit Socks & Gloves show lacework on the game mode. The preview version shows them as blocky and blotchy.
  • [6/16] Transfers between PSO2 and NGS blocks (either direction) frequently fail.
    • Usually it disconnects me and I'm sent back to the character select screen.
    • Once the game completely locked up in the warp tunnel.
  • [6/16] When viewing the prize list for a scratch ticket, many preview options don't work.
    • Hand position items didn't work.
    • Voice items didn't work.
    • Stamp items didn't work.
  • [6/16] When selecting accessories in the salon, you can see the cost of the accessory. However, the diamond in the lower-left corner sucks up a lot of space and can block the view of some accessories.
    • Putting the number in a smaller square in the upper-left corner would block the view of few, if any accessories.
    • The new icon could still sit on top or next to it. Since that goes away after one view, it wouldn't be as much trouble.
  • [6/16] Trying to connect to PSO2 blocks has a high chance of failure.
  • [6/17] Joined a UQ for command DOLLS suppression op today. However, the boss never spawned for me.
    • The rest of my group looked like they were running around fighting the boss, but I couldn't see it.
    • I can occasionally see gray damage numbers near where the boss should be.
    • I could see the boss's marker on the map.
    • I heard non-boss music.
    • I was not affected by the boss's AOE attacks and I didn't see any effect from mine on him.
    • Party abilities still affected me.
    • When attempting to use emotes to encourage my team mates, my character did not move.
    • However, I was stuck in place for at least a minute. Doing a double tap move would get me unstuck immediately though.
    • I did receive XP and loot when the battle ended.
    • It did not provide the option to leave the UQ normally. Could not teleport using the world map either.
    • Attempting to log out sent me to a black screen.
    • I had to completely kill the PSO2 executable to get out of the UQ.
    • I still retained the "earned" XP and loot when I logged back in.
    • [6/18] Bug still exists after maintenance.
    • [6/18] Attempting to look at my current task list failed. I can't see the list and I can't leave the menus. I can still move, but can't attack or open the menus again.
    • [6/18] Once combat ended, the menu closed. Game still locked up when I tried to log out though.
    • [6/18] Made a third attempt at this UQ. Still no success.
    • [6/18] Boss music plays now though.
    • [6/18] Changing the graphics quality (while still logged in) doesn't make the boss appear. Ground clutter changes though.
    • [6/28] I was able to fight the boss today!
  • [6/19] I love that you can attach accessories to different parts of the body now. However, many accessories really miss the target.
    • E.g. one might be described as "Back of Head" and instead place the accessory several inches in front of the character.
    • The alignment is particular to the individual accessories though.
  • [6/28] Tab targeting doesn't work with a Razer Tartarus.
    • I am able to configure the button for tab targeting but it always prompts an error noise.
    • The Razer Tartarus works fine for every other input (that I've tried).
    • Tab targeting works with my regular keyboard (MS Scuplt).
    • Changing the keybind doesn't affect the results.
    • Occasionally, it seems to work ok.
  • [6/28] Tab targeting doesn't work terribly well.
    • It usually switches to the next closest target or boss part.
    • It would be better if it could cycle between a wider range of potential targets.
    • Even better if it preferred the blighted target.
  • [6/28] The water is just a flat plane. So, it looks really funny when it doesn't come all the way up to the beach,.
    • There's a peninsula to the SW of the Lakau Coast teleporter and region mag. On the NW corner of that peninsula, the water doesn't come all the way up to the beach, so you can see underneath it. The water is about a foot above the ground level where it ends.
  • [6/28] Incoming friend requests are extremely annoying during combat since they suck up a substantial amount of screen space.
  • [6/28] The communication notification bar is too close to the center of the screen.
    • It should be moved closer to the top of the screen so that it doesn't interfere with current activities.
    • It was too small and too far up in PSO2, which made it easy to miss for hours. Halfway between the two points should be good.
  • [6/28] When locked on to a target, the camera doesn't handle substantial differences in altitude well.
    • This is most notable when gliding straight above your target. The camera will be pointed horizontally and you won't be able to see your target below you.
  • [6/28] When I try to change from a steep fall to a glide, it always seems to take longer to start gliding than I expect.
    • Using the FO/TE hover while casting ability seems to complete the transition much faster.
  • [6/28] The double jump and glide behavior feels inconsistent.
    • I'm never really sure if my character will do a double jump or a glide the second time I push the jump key.
  • [6/29] During a emergency trial, the talking head will frequently show up in the middle of the screen.
    • The talking head belongs in the corner of the screen, the way it was in PSO2.
    • Placing it in the center of the screen, or near the talking NPC creates problems when you're trying to see what you're fighting with.

Missing Features

• There's no UI scaling.
    • Some people are reporting the text is too small, for me the UI is too big. There's not enough space on the screen for a set of windows some times. The PSO2 UI scaling (Text Size) option worked great.
    • Ok, I just found an option in the first main menu (before logging in) to change the UI size from normal to large. That doesn't seem to do much, but it does make it a little larger. That would make my problem even worse though.
  • There's no hotkey option to open the quest UI.
    • Esc > R works on PC, but we should be able to set a single hot key to access it.
  • There's no way to disable the quest tracker.
    • It's often tracking silly stuff and would be better if we could toggle it on and off as needed. It is possible to remove the current item from tracking, but it comes right back a couple seconds later.
  • Our auxiliaries didn't join us in NGS.
    • Find a better use for them and bring them back. Though, just lounging around in our rooms looking cute/cool was still pretty nice.
  • Disable assault event music.
    • It seemed to be playing almost half the time when I was playing. It definitely sets the mood, but that's not helpful when you're still trying to level/gear up. I'd really appreciate having an option to only play that music when I'm there in the event.
  • We can't mix and match PSO2 and NGS layer-wear.
  • The "Exit to Character Select" option is gone now.
    • Exiting to the title screen works, but it takes longer and you have to reconnect to your ship.
  • The PSO2 FUN scratch doesn't have shop passes anymore. 😞
  • Sort emotes alphabetically.
    • Being able to select favorite emotes helps a lot though.
  • When selecting an item from your inventory to sell, you can choose to sort your items. The window should retain that selected sort when you got to add another item to sell.
    • Resetting to default makes sense after you leave the shop interface.
  • Region mags should at least allow you to sort materials by value to the mag.
    • Ideally, that would be the default.
  • [6/14] It would be nice to have more than two make-up slots.
  • [6/14] The salon should be able to access any items in your storage. Not just one or two kinds of storage. Especially storage that's shared across characters.
  • [6/14] It should be more obvious that you can use the stone to transfer between PSO2 and NGS like switching between blocks.
    • A notice when you first access the stone would have been appreciated.
  • [6/15] When viewing the player shop, I wish I could filter out fashion items that I have already used 2 of. That would make it a lot easier to find new things that I don't have yet.
  • [6/15] I wish I could set the default zoom level. I normally want to be zoomed out for combat. I only zoom in to look at my character.
  • [6/15] It would be nice if the scroll wheel could flip through the pages of fashion in the salon.
  • [6/16] When using a scratch ticket (especially an SG one) it would be nice if you could choose a body type to limit your prize to.
  • [6/16] The process of accepting or rejecting a party invite is (still) a pain.
    • Why do we get a popup message that forces us to look at another popup message?
    • Why can't the first popup message allow us to accept or reject the invite? This isn't a major choice, it doesn't need any sort of safety check.
  • [6/16] I'm disappointed by the lack of party bonuses as well. Coming from PSO2, it feels kinda demoralizing to not get them.
  • [6/28] If friend avatars come back, I hope I'm able to register all of my characters, not just one.

General Comments

• The feel of combat is very different now. In PSO2, even the regular boss fights only took a couple minutes to complete. While leveling, I spent half a minute killing individuals of the weakest enemies. It got better every time I was able to swap in a new PSO2 weapon, but 15 minutes of pounding away at the same veteran monster was getting old the first time I did it. It feels like a bunch of the mobs could use to have their HP tuned down a bit.
  • During the story, rather than giving us a huge sack of money and sending us to the enhancement shop, I would've preferred a one-time discount on the price. I would have liked to upgrade a second or third tier weapon, but often the costs were absurd. 100,000 NM to merge two second tier weapons is just terrifying when you're new. So, I opted to work with the lowest tier equipment and just vendor it afterwards. A 75% or 90% discount to all resources as a "one-time bonus to new ARKS guardians" would've been a nice alternative. (Just limit it to 3 or 4⭐ weapons/armor so that people don't try to hold on to that and use it for yet-to-be-released 15⭐ weapons.)
  • Daily and weekly quests can now only be done once per account? That's harsh for anyone that wanted multiple characters before.
  • I really like that I can vendor junk while in the field. 👍
  • Attempting to dodge by double tapping a direction key seems to take a lot longer than it did in PSO2. It feels like my character usually stands there for 1-2 seconds (and gets hit) before actually dodging.
  • [6/17] Joined a UQ for command DOLLS suppression op today. However, the boss never spawned for me.
    • The rest of my group looked like they were running around fighting the boss, but I couldn't see it.
    • I can occasionally see gray damage numbers near where the boss should be.
    • I could see the boss's marker on the map.
    • I heard non-boss music.
    • I was not affected by the boss's AOE attacks and I didn't see any effect from mine on him.
    • Party abilities still affected me.
    • When attempting to use emotes to encourage my team mates, my character did not move.
    • However, I was stuck in place for at least a minute. Doing a double tap move would get me unstuck immediately though.
    • I did receive XP and loot when the battle ended.
    • It did not provide the option to leave the UQ normally. Could not teleport using the world map either.
    • Attempting to log out sent me to a black screen.
    • I had to completely kill the PSO2 executable to get out of the UQ.
    • I still retained the "earned" XP and loot when I logged back in.
    • [6/18] Bug still exists after maintenance.
    • [6/18] Attempting to look at my current task list failed. I can't see the list and I can't leave the menus. I can still move, but can't attack or open the menus again. I foresee an Alt-F4 in my future.
    • [6/18] Made a third attempt at this UQ. Still no success.
    • [6/18] Boss music plays now though.
    • [6/28] I was able to fight the boss today!
  • [6/28] Tab targeting doesn't work with a Razer Tartarus.
    • I am able to configure the button for tab targeting but it always prompts an error noise.
    • The Razer Tartarus works fine for every other input (that I've tried).
    • Tab targeting works with my regular keyboard (MS Scuplt).
    • Changing the keybind doesn't affect the results.
    • Occasionally, it seems to work ok.
  • [6/28] Tab targeting doesn't work terribly well.
    • It usually switches to the next closest target or boss part.
    • It would be better if it could cycle between a wider range of potential targets.
    • Even better if it preferred the blighted target.
  • [6/28] The water is just a flat plane. So, it looks really funny when it doesn't come all the way up to the beach,.
    • There's a peninsula to the SW of the Lakau Coast teleporter and region mag. On the NW corner of that peninsula, the water doesn't come all the way up to the beach, so you can see underneath it. The water is about a foot above the ground level where it ends.
  • [6/28] Incoming friend requests are extremely annoying during combat since they suck up a substantial amount of screen space.
  • [6/28] The communication notification bar is too close to the center of the screen.
    • It should be moved closer to the top of the screen so that it doesn't interfere with current activities.
    • It was too small and too far up in PSO2, which made it easy to miss for hours. Halfway between the two points should be good.
  • [6/28] When locked on to a target, the camera doesn't handle substantial differences in altitude well.
    • This is most notable when gliding straight above your target. The camera will be pointed horizontally and you won't be able to see your target below you.
  • [6/28] When I try to change from a steep fall to a glide, it always seems to take longer to start gliding than I expect.
    • Using the FO/TE hover while casting ability seems to complete the transition much faster.
  • [6/28] The double jump and glide behavior feels inconsistent.
    • I'm never really sure if my character will do a double jump or a glide the second time I push the jump key.