[JP] Unofficial Article Regarding the IP Block Rumors

To summarize Silicone Era's article-

It's always been against ToS to play the Japanese server outside of Japan even with VPN, but SEGA let things slide.

SEGA PR hasn't commented on the issue, but Microsoft is hinted at as key player in the Global server.

Global has availability to every country that hasn't banned Loot Boxes; as well as Japanese and English voice overs.

Well, so much for the "Everything will be released" statement.

It appears that censorship for our poor fragile, M for mature minds is just something that Global users will have continue to live with finding out.

Time for the diehards to learn Kanji and move to Japan, I guess. lol

Well, so much for the "Everything will be released" statement.

They confirmed at the last prologue "stream" that Japan will get things Global won't get.

@coldreactive That stream was reference for the IP collaborations, not the censored content.

(Global content was localized by Lionbridge, and Microsoft ToS has COPPA regulations. So it is rather obvious that there are strings.)

Pretty sure you can still get into JP servers despite their efforts.

@Knight-Raime said in [JP] Unofficial Article Regarding the IP Block Rumors:

Pretty sure you can still get into JP servers despite their efforts.

There isn't much on the topic at the moment, but because there are two big sponsors (Sony/Microsoft), ToS could've been enforced on the JP server because of the risk to Global profit margins. I'll have to see if I can find anything that confirms the rumors.

@MasterDarkwingz

I mean it's possible. I was just more or less saying that at least as of this moment i've heard people are still finding ways to access JP servers.

Yep. I see users on Bumped in the comments talking about being banned.

Well, I guess Microsoft never was a nice company to begin with.

So the fact that SEGA PR pleads the fifth doesn't surprise me one bit.

Must be tough to be a JP dev and wanting people to see your game, only for the big companies to throw weight around.

(That "My localization, my property now" attitude is the worst thing to represent America.)

So while you can weasel your way out, I wouldn't count on staying on JP for long if you don't move to Japan.

So the blacklist to blocklist was intentional?

Official Article from JP

Google Translated:

Other specification changes

Adjust to suppress the brightness in the production of AC scratch of "NGS" specifications.

In the blacklist, change the name to block list.

A new trophy will be added to the "PS4" version.

@Knight-Raime said in [JP] Unofficial Article Regarding the IP Block Rumors:

@MasterDarkwingz

I mean it's possible. I was just more or less saying that at least as of this moment i've heard people are still finding ways to access JP servers.

Those people are getting banned for constantly changing their IP unless they paid for a premium VPN.

Seeing this, and seeing comments from people on Reddit, Discord, and elsewhere getting banned for playing from elsewhere... Is there any doubt now that New Genesis is a blatant cash grab with no quality? They are literally robbing paying customers now. These IP laws and region locks only serve to make gaming worse and worse and worse,. This is why gaming hasn't been this bad since the dark days of 1983 when the industry crashed completely. Corporate interference is literally ruining games left and right, and nothing will get better until governments start cracking down on unethical rules and behaviours. The fact that ANYONE still defends PSO2 and NGS in spite of 1) the insane number of bugs that rivals Ultima 8's release two decades ago, 2) the fact nothing has been fixed, from targeting to server issues, 3) releasing a game that isn't even 10% finished (WoW would have died in a month had it launched like NGS), and 4) simply having a launch worse than even FF14 1.0 in terms of problems just makes me wonder how many people Sega is paying to defend their game. I would BET that's why they picked completely unknown streamers to showcase the game and not one of the many huge PSO2/NGS streamers like Anamana or keroppi is PROOF of this in my estimation. Heck, I even see people claim that it has the best graphics of all current MMORPGs including FF14, citing the higher requirements, and ignoring the fact that even on max settings, FF14 looks two generations more advanced than NGS (NGS looks like a PS3 game, FF14 looks like PS5). How can people like a game where the devs so very clearly don't give a crap about them? Plain and simple, if you're not Japanese, Sega doesn't acknowledge that you even exist, and Microsoft wants to enslave us to its lackluster version of the game that doesn't even have half the content of the original.

At first I thought there might be no reason to it, but if Cosmic Particle Protection has a 12% part to play in region management, then it might've made sense.

But considering that both Microsoft and Intel are collaborating with SEGA on NGS, GM collaboration for checking the player computer chips for known glitches aren't the issue because they're all manufactured in the same location.