Non-English letters in chat

Game won't allow sending chat messages that contain any "special" characters (such as ü, ô, á, ñ, ç...) despite those being essential in a lot of languages. This game's a global release but if you're writing in any other language than English you're forced to spell stuff wrong.

Also, you don't even get a system warning telling you the message can't be sent... the message just disappears once you hit Enter, not even giving a chance to respell stuff without rewriting the entire message.

Game won't allow sending chat messages that contain any "special" characters (such as ü, ô, á, ñ, ç...) despite those being essential in a lot of languages. This game's a global release but if you're writing in any other language than English you're forced to spell stuff wrong.

This has been an issue since PSO2 launched on the MS Store a long time ago. I'm convinced they don't plan to ever fix it.

I've tried to write things using Japanese characters before, and it just refuses to send it. Kinda ironic it refuses Japanese.

@coldreactive said in Non-English letters in chat:

This has been an issue since PSO2 launched on the MS Store a long time ago.

I think it's got worse in NGS. I remember being able to send ★ in in-game chat before and we can't even do that now.

We used to be able to have Japanese text in shortcuts. Cant do that anymore either.