Emergency maintenance in about 2 hours to fix server load issues

5 hours... well let's hope they can fix the issues.

@Ryoga said in Emergency maintenance in about 2 hours to fix server load issues:

5 hours... well let's hope they can fix the issues.

Yep hopefully

"We are considering giving a gift to all users to apologize for the Emergency Maintenance."

How about, "We WILL be giving gifts to all users to apologize for the Emergency Maintenance and the server lag."!

@BlockedMarlin58 said in Emergency maintenance in about 2 hours to fix server load issues:

"We are considering giving a gift to all users to apologize for the Emergency Maintenance."

How about, "We WILL be giving gifts to all users to apologize for the Emergency Maintenance and the server lag."!

Stop being so entitled, they literally do not have to give us anything at all. Stuff happens and doesn’t work has intended, how often have you been given a gift from a company when something you’ve brought breaks within warranty? Rarely, never? At most, likely an apology and either a fix or replacement for said item.

They’ve also generally been pretty good at giving out gifts in the past for emergency maintenances, and the fact that they’ve even put that down in writing in an official post, means they are very likely going to be doing it, but probably haven’t decided on what the gift is yet, so are probably reluctant to give too many details.

By no means am I taking a side. Thus, rather glad that the lag and stuttering, and rubber banding that has been happening is being looked into / potentially fixed. And hopefully they look into the endless loadscreens when teleporting / changing blocks or when switching games, seems often, when you get an error message and a teleport deny and forced to log and go title screen and ship selection instead just to switch games.

@BlockedMarlin58 said in Emergency maintenance in about 2 hours to fix server load issues:

However, whenever there has been comments like this the there is no more sides and just a free-range goalpostings. It is clear they'll be upset if no gift, and equally as much if there is; cause it didn't meet their expectations.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 How DARE me as a consumer to expect some token of an apology after a 2 day maintenance and then an 8 hour extended maintenance in which I was also told to "shut up, this will ensure the servers are stable", and lo and behold the servers were still not stable and the game was nigh unplayable for 2 days.

How dare me for being so entitled and expecting something most mmo developers would give out anyways in these extraordinary circumstances. HOW DARE ME!

@BlockedMarlin58 It's a free to play game, get over yourself. Most MMOs do not give you stuff because of emergency maintenance.

@Ravare12jd You can tell a lot of these people have never been around for an MMO launch before.

@BlockedMarlin58 Ah yes, let's just not take down the server, wait till next week (the normal maint time) and keep the servers laggy throughout the weekend (which is when a lot more people will have time to play). Love it!

@TEN-SQUARE-3 How DARE me as a consumer to expect some token of an apology after a 2 day maintenance and then an 8 hour extended maintenance in which I was also told to "shut up, this will ensure the servers are stable", and lo and behold the servers were still not stable and the game was nigh unplayable for 2 days.

How dare me for being so entitled and expecting something most mmo developers would give out anyways in these extraordinary circumstances. HOW DARE ME!

E84F1A66-5158-4F5C-93D9-602DF8063920.jpeg

They’ve already apologised in this post and in multiple posts before this, and even then they are talking about possibly handing out a gift, plus their history of handing out small gifts for stuff like emergency maintenance in the past but apparently that’s not good enough for you. When did sega tell you to ‘shut up and these will make the servers stable’?

Yes you’re attitude is very entitled, you’re like a kid throwing a tantrum cause they didn’t get their own way, cause they didn’t use the exact wording you wanted. These are hardly extraordinary circumstances, basically every mmo launch has some sort of issue they need to sort out, and while the server lag has been bad and it needed to be fix As soon as possible, it definitely doesn’t fall under that category. I should also point out he time in Japan, they are working through the early hours of the morning on a Saturday to fix this, they could of very easily left it till after the weekend.