Nearly $22 Canadian a month for premium?!!

I think prices are in need of adjustment here. 1k points pack is nearly 14 dollars and 500 is nearly $7. This is before any tax , which would raise it to nearly 25 DOLLARS!!! PER MONTH! This is pretty ridiculous. I hope there is plans to adjust this in the future because no one should be paying this much for an online gaming service. Give us the option to sub without the middle man of AC - sub. A fair monthly price of 15 bucks like every other game, please! Remember this is in Canadian dollars and I understand exchange rates , but this is crazy.

PSU was about that much for a monthly fee.

@Duchess-May said in Nearly $22 Canadian a month for premium?!!:

No it wasnt it was 10 USD and then to 15 usd.

@Zio said in Nearly $22 Canadian a month for premium?!!:

@Duchess-May said in Nearly $22 Canadian a month for premium?!!:

No it wasnt it was 10 USD and then to 15 usd.

10 USD = 14.41 CAD; 15 USD = 21.61 CAD

Currently it's 1.44x USD. (In 2003 it was 1.3x USD.)

Yikes. Im sorry canada.

This isn't the official Canadian pricing, this is the North American beta as it's targeted at NA customers. Things will likely change when it rolls out to other countries. They're not ripping you off, it's just not a product financed for any other country yet.

@AnamanaAU

Canada is a part of North America....

@AnamanaAU , in addition to NA being part of North America, SEGA does classify NA as including Canada as well given the bottom of this page says:

"Service availability is limited to the United States of America and Canada."

You have no idea how much it costs in the country where I live. 1 dollar is 5 reais. It means 15 dollars cost 75 reais. This is a lot to us. Usually, games have some discount in such countries. The idea is: better to gain some money from that countries than nothing. I hope, with time, we have some discount to be able to buy in game credits. I spend a lot of money with Warframe, for example, when it gives discounts from time to time. When I log it gives 50 to 75 per cent of discount at least twice a month. In this game, in particular, the discount is global. In other games, there are different prices for different countries, depending on the economy strength of the country.

Inflation and exchange rate. Back then when PSU was out CDN dollar was closer to US dollar. Now CDN is almost 40 cents lower.

So every subscription service MMO wise costs around 17.99 without tax. I hope they add bundles but yeah, exchange rates bones canadians hard.

Meh gotta figure how to disable tye Xbox number thing its annoying.

now imagine playing from mexico and having to pay 2.4x more for anything involving US$ because inflation.

Also I think game pass gives you monthly premium also. On a monthly basis sort of an added incentive to buy it.

Edit: Nvm premium was removed its the mission pass it gives.

It's expensive. Not only do we have to pay for subscription to be able to play the game, because it's not F2P on Xbox only for PC. We have to pay for premium if you want to be able to trade and sell on the marketplace. Those shouldn't be locked behind a paywall. It's almost $40 per month or more (if you have the ultimate pass) for Canadians.

@Leonkh99 said in Nearly $22 Canadian a month for premium?!!:

@AnamanaAU , in addition to NA being part of North America, SEGA does classify NA as including Canada as well given the bottom of this page says:

"Service availability is limited to the United States of America and Canada."

Colour me corrected.