Showcase your Symbol Arts!

Here are four of my best ones so far. If you're not on Ship 1 Block 1, then you're missing out on epic Council of Chair times. =P

P.s. Mods: I realise now this is probably more appropriate in the Screenshots subforum, if you want to move it there. 🙂

2020-03-23_7-41-52-bb0tv05w (2).png

Ok, well somebody liked my stuff enough that I got a commission to do a personalised SA lol. Took four hours, here is finished:

2020-03-23_11-49-31-pso2_commission_kirito.png

That one looks awesome. I wish I could use the maker worth a damn, but I can't seem to wrangle the damn thing to save my life. Hopefully I can find someone who's taking commissions, as embarrassing as it is since I'm a digital artist myself xD

I wanted to get a symbol art of some art I did recently of my character. If anyone is interested, I am entirely willing to pay, since I know that these are a royal pain to do.

Untitled197_20200529060908.png

What is the generally accepted going rate or compensation for Symbol Art..? Or rather what is the accepted range. As I'm sure there are differences between level of detail and complexity being asked for.

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger Generally I go by quality. I'm rarely commissioned myself, so I'd personally be willing to talk with the person I'm getting the art from.

And generally I prefer PayPal, because I understand starving artists.

Commissioning can be a combination of the commissioners budget, the quality, and whatever agreement the artist and the commissioner agree upon. I used to do cheap pieces for nothing or $2-3, but I've been payed up to $20 for custom DnD tokens. It all depends.

@MaylunaBrokeit said in Showcase your Symbol Arts!:

Commissioning can be a combination of the commissioners budget, the quality, and whatever agreement the artist and the commissioner agree upon. I used to do cheap pieces for nothing or $2-3, but I've been payed up to $20 for custom DnD tokens. It all depends.

Awesome. Thank you for that info.

Yeah, I can easily see paying $20-$30+ for some of them. If for the sheer pain of dealing with the in-game editor. Infact there ought to be a pain and suffering surcharge of that much. And then $20-$30 more for the artistic talent applied. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger Absolutely, with how cranky the editor is, and no other good programs to use. I'm hoping to find someone on ship 3, otherwise we'd have to use the SAR file method which is a royal pain.

@KnightHarb1nger Absolutely, with how cranky the editor is, and no other good programs to use. I'm hoping to find someone on ship 3, otherwise we'd have to use the SAR file method which is a royal pain.

The Third-Party Symbol Art Creator will also usually just show a blank symbol art after you hit accept anyway. But it's really cool watching it analyze an image and try to furiously reconstruct it:

alt text

@coldreactive said in Showcase your Symbol Arts!:

The Third-Party Symbol Art Creator will also usually just show a blank symbol art after you hit accept anyway. But it's really cool watching it analyze an image and try to furiously reconstruct it:

alt text

HEhe, that does sound fun! You should make a youtube video of one. 😸

o/ = ^.^=

And of course now that we have PC, for the most-ish part, they truly can be imported into the game hopefully.

o/ =^.^=

@coldreactive I attempted to work with that, but it could not for the life of it figure out how to even reasonably try to recreate my art, even simplified. I gave up after a few hours xD

@coldreactive I attempted to work with that, but it could not for the life of it figure out how to even reasonably try to recreate my art, even simplified. I gave up after a few hours xD

For whatever reason, the application crashes when you attempt to do a random simulation for 32 x 32. Using the block art for the small image will cause it to blur and condense/smudge even if you provide it with an image that's already 32x32:

alt text

alt text

If I could get a grid in game to show me pixel sizes, then I'd be able to make this in-game. Until then, I can't, and my alliance will be forever flagless. Not willing to pay money for a commission for something I can already create outside of the game.

Finally managed to wrestle with the maker long enough to make it! Art.png

Finally managed to wrestle with the maker long enough to make it! Art.png

By itself it looks pretty cool. But when I compare it to the original it makes me a little sad. ;/

But still an amazingly good conversion none the less!

o/ =^.^=