Drop error 1013 or we drop your game. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

The LINUX Gaming Community will not stand for this ANY LONGER.

SEGA How is StreetFighter going for you?

SEGA if you continue down this dark path of ruining your games LIKE YOU DID WITH STREET FIGHTER V

We will make an EA out of your company.

We know this isn't a PSO2 problem. But a SEGA one.

We will not tolerate SEGA's ineptitude forever

You either get with the times or we will make up the difference

This CLASSIC cash grab. You better make it well worth it.

Or we certainly will with our wallets.

EA will improve. But will you SEGA?

Do you need a lesson or two?

šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘” šŸ‘Œ šŸ‘Œ šŸ‘Œ šŸ‘‘ šŸ‘‘ šŸ‘‘ šŸ‘

Make Error 1013 go away on Virtual machines. There's no need for it work for 5-6 minutes and then shutdown. Scummy practices will get scummy posts. believe it. Who's cheating in a 10 year old game anyway? Its just bs.

@blazinsweetz said in Drop error 1013 or we drop your game. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.:

The LINUX Gaming Community will not stand for this ANY LONGER.

SEGA How is StreetFighter going for you?

SEGA if you continue down this dark path of ruining your games LIKE YOU DID WITH STREET FIGHTER V

We will make an EA out of your company.

We know this isn't a PSO2 problem. But a SEGA one.

We will not tolerate SEGA's ineptitude forever

You either get with the times or we will make up the difference

This CLASSIC cash grab. You better make it well worth it.

Or we certainly will with our wallets.

EA will improve. But will you SEGA?

Do you need a lesson or two?

šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘£ šŸ‘” šŸ‘Œ šŸ‘Œ šŸ‘Œ šŸ‘‘ šŸ‘‘ šŸ‘‘ šŸ‘

Make Error 1013 go away on Virtual machines. There's no need for it work for 5-6 minutes and then shutdown. Scummy practices will get scummy posts. believe it. Who's cheating in a 10 year old game anyway? Its just bs.

... Street Fighter is Capcom. o _O

Sega Street Fighter V. Yes, that one.

Oh look another "gaming warrior" here to threaten a company that will not even give him the time or day to even gaze at this post. Also FYI you speak for no one, but yourself.

Just report and move on. Obvious he's here to start trouble.

This post is deleted!

I've reviewed the content of this post and I'm sorry for what the team have done. I will be reinstating this post so that people can continue discussing this topic on our forum.

Happy to see a post returning! ā¤

So what exactly is a Virtual Machine? šŸ˜®

@Pariah-Chan A virtual machine is like an emulator of an operating system within your own computer. It virtualized an environment different from your own PC.

@Pariah-Chan Typically when you run a computer it has an operating system running on it (say in this case for example, Windows). On other machines this may be different (the iPhone, Android Phones, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, and Nintendo Switch for example all have their own "operating systems") but the general idea is still the same that these machines are made to run a particular operating system.

A virtual machine is when you take the power and resources of your operating system and push them to run a second operating system inside of it. There are number of reasons why this is handy and desirable and many of these are relatively practical purposes.

For example, these are the uses I would have for a virtual machine:

• A remote client so I can check the server status of a machine that's away from me (say for example logging onto a business/school network to do some work remotely).
  • Running applications that aren't supported on your current operating system without needing to split your hard drive and reboot (such as installing Windows 95 to play DOS games)
  • Securing an environment so you can do some work in a sandbox without risking your data being leaked (such as creating a Windows XP virtual machine to experiment with Windows XP's security)
  • Protecting yourself from scammers who may try to infiltrate your machine and access your data (they cannot go "outside" of your virtual machine because it is a sandbox of its own so unless you bring something in they cannot leave it).

As I mentioned, there are many other uses for having a second or third (or multiple operating systems) installed on your machine with the ease of access like opening up an emulator/application without doing any restarting/rebooting (which is known as dual booting when you use two operating systems this way).

In the nature of the original thread, Sega's use of GameGuard prevents Phantasy Star Online 2 from working correctly under any other operating system. I have seen that Proton (Valve's implementation of WINE to allow Windows games to play on Linux which is very good for the most part) fails to run the game specifically because GameGuard cannot run correctly. If Phantasy Star Online 2 worked on Linux I would easily drop Windows as my primary environment due to my preference of Linux over Windows.

Thx for the explanation @GM-Phantasma @VanillaLucia ! ā¤

@Pariah-Chan said in Drop error 1013 or we drop your game. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.:

Happy to see a post returning! ā¤

So what exactly is a Virtual Machine? šŸ˜®

They use them for multiboxing meseta farming.

@El-Zenchi which in JP version of PSO2 is against Terms of Service! Why isn't this a thing with Global? People are scalping the market with red box meseta like they do in real life, whether enhancement capsules and scratch items. I understand that flipping/reselling items is a way to get ahead of the economy, but things get worse for the game's economy as young as NGS right now if more red box alts meseta are injected into the economy without ways to legitimately make that money. It is causing Inflation like Cradle of Darkness since people can just multibox multiple accounts and farm meseta using red boxes from new accounts.

I hope you take action SEGA, because your game is dying and dying faster than you think.

The issue with red boxes is not tied to Virtual Machines then, the issue is making multiple accounts on ANY platform.

Iā€™d like to hear a statement from the developers about Virtual Machines being allowed for NGS if a GM was allowed to pass on that message! ā¤