Confusion on character transfer to new genesis

I originally had PSO2 on PC through the Microsoft store. I deleted it to make room for New Genesis. I downloaded New Genesis on Steam. After downloading it I find out I need a code from my account on the version i deleted if i want to transfer characters. I go to the microsoft store and there is only new genesis available. What do I need to do to get the code from my account? Download new genesis from the microsoft store and have 2 versions of the game? that seems absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone know what I need to do? It'll take me time to clear the space to be able to have 2 PSOs New Genesis' on my PC and then about 2 to 3 hours to download the huge file. I'm just looking to do it right the first time and not waste anymore time.

There is no other option that to have two versions of the game installed at the same time to be able to link.

The Tweaker does allow you to use the same install to start up two different versions, but it is up to your discretion to use said third party software.

ok, that'll work thank you.