Lag-opolis

So I am playing PSO2:NG and it would be awesome except for the many of problems like enemies looking like that they need a million hits before they go down, but it turns out the lag is just horrendous and for the Cocoon Missions where some of the enemies should die in one or two hits as my level 9 so far, but I end up wasting 30 seconds because it's like several of them are just saying "No" to damage and that even applies for destructible objects in the world and I am playing on an Xbox Series X and holy crap am I seeing lag like no one's business and this is including making framerates more of a priority.

It's not the game, don't blame the game. It's the servers, they're hosted on piece of trash Microsoft Azure and that's why it lags and why it will always lag unless fixed. Japanese NGS has about 150k players (4x our playerbase) and has NO LAG, ZERO.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in Lag-opolis:

It's not the game, don't blame the game. It's the servers, they're hosted on piece of trash Microsoft Azure and that's why it lags and why it will always lag unless fixed. Japanese NGS has about 150k players (4x our playerbase) and has NO LAG, ZERO.

Not actually true. Global yesterday alone on steam alone was 70k plus concurrent users on this game. That is not counting Xbox, MS Store, or Epic Games numbers, which could potentially alll equal similar numbers each platform.

Note: This is what someone said yesterday. I don't know how to check max concurrent users of anything on steam.

Servers are part of the game, so it’s not unreasonable to blame something unlikely to get changed to a different server type

@Ragnawind said in Lag-opolis:

Not actually true. Global yesterday alone on steam alone was 70k plus concurrent users on this game. That is not counting Xbox, MS Store, or Epic Games numbers, which could potentially alll equal similar numbers each platform.

Steam says top ever is 59k so that's a damn lie

They need to do something about the massive lag spikes, it gets so bad you can't do much of anything (Hits in either direction don't register, healing and picking up stuff is delayed, and long pauses in chat before it floods from the back log).

Erm, Base PSO2 had no issues running on Azure servers.

It might be the servers, but don't fling mud at Microsoft when they had things working perfectly before the update to NGS. πŸ˜•

@MiraiKishi said in Lag-opolis:

Erm, Base PSO2 had no issues running on Azure servers.

It might be the servers, but don't fling mud at Microsoft when they had things working perfectly before the update to NGS. πŸ˜•

What are you talking about? PSO2 had tons of unfixed issues which were fixed when more than 2/3 of the playerbase quit. They never fixed this for real. You wouldn't knew if you're new.

What are you talking about? PSO2 had tons of unfixed issues which were fixed when more than 2/3 of the playerbase quit. They never fixed this for real. You wouldn't knew if you're new.

What are YOU talking about? I'm talking about the state of Base PSO2 for like a month before NGS came out. There were barely any problems, much less wide-spread concerns.

@Arena-RPG-YouTube said in Lag-opolis:

@Pariah-Chan unknown.png

About 60k is still insane for this game. Add in the Xbox, MS store and Epic Launcher and we easily have well over 100k people trying to login into the game.

@Zeke said in Lag-opolis:

@Pariah-Chan unknown.png

About 60k is still insane for this game. Add in the Xbox, MS store and Epic Launcher and we easily have well over 100k people trying to login into the game.

Yeah, the 6 people who play from Epic,the 10 people who still use MS store for some reason and the 20 Xbox players

@Zeke said in Lag-opolis:

@Pariah-Chan unknown.png

Yeah, the 6 people who play from Epic,the 10 people who still use MS store for some reason and the 20 Xbox players

You have any proof for those numbers?

@MiraiKishi said in Lag-opolis:

What are YOU talking about? I'm talking about the state of Base PSO2 for like a month before NGS came out. There were barely any problems, much less wide-spread concerns.

You mean when the game had 5k players total? Of which half of them where afklers and some bots?

@Yui2387 All they're saying is that PSO2 wasn't lag infested in the moments before NGS release... Which is true for the most part. I'm wondering if the servers didn't anticipate as many players as there are right now, but even still when the blocks are way less full, there is the same lag. The only thing long time players can do, is wait to see if server traffic is the real cause of the latency issues.

Given that PSO2 was stable enough, it can be expected that this game will be more playable once the hype dies out a bit, and if not, maybe SEGA will move the game to different server hardware during the first major maintenance.