My own personal opinion so far about NGS

@Policroma-Sol I know I'm much more likely to go grinding new content and events they release for cosmetic fashion items than I am for some BiS gear that will get replaced in a couple months.

@Policroma-Sol Wait, sorry for going a bit off-topic here, but is Sea of Thieves really thriving? I thought that game was just perm dead.

@Aperture-Mage It's actually doing pretty solid according to the steam charts. https://steamcharts.com/app/1172620

@Lorient Hmm, might give it another shot. I had fun with it, but I did play back in the " Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" release.

I do feel as though the overall combat is solid though my biggest gripe with it is that I feel like too often it's hard to cancel out of an action unless using basic attacks , for example basic attack into weapon action feels fine but PA into weapon action takes a bit too long (though that could just be the lag). Speaking of the lag it makes the game nearly unplayable in big group content. Everything else is either average or above average in most cases.

@NotWhoUThink While it doesn't help for all classes, I know Fighter has a skill called Fighter Skip Arts that gives it a way to skip half of a skills animation to cut down on being locked.

I'm going to start off by saying that my first game in the PS series was PSO on the Dreamcast which prompted me to try a majority of the older (Genesis) games and follow the rest of the games (PSO ep3, PSU and PSO2) I disagree with a lot of what is said here especially the anime part. That alone was a HUGE turn-off for me in PSO2 coming from PSO which had a darker, almost horror story vibe. It was also a reason I hated PSU's storyline. I personally really enjoy the the story in NG. Yes, it has anime influences and tropes, but it's not as in your face in my opinion. I really hope they continue this route and don't have us end up in a medieval era or Tokyo or something at some point killing helicopters or giant trains at some point...

Also, the game was just released so I didn't expect there to be new fashion just yet. Especially considering the fact that you can access outfits from the original PSO2 and transfer them over. Just give it time.

I do agree with the lack of content though...or I'll say variety of content. I appreciate the free-roam and world map as it gives a sense of exploration that the original just doesn't have. The landscaped and backdrops are just gorgeous. BUT, the world feels very empty outside of running into EQ, world bosses, etc. A lot of games struggle with this issue it seems. But as stated above, there is a lot of room for improvement and new additions.

I also enjoy the slower pace of the game as well. PSO2 gave you this sense of just be a little too powerful once you got to a certain point. It would get to the point where if you were in a group, someone who was geared up could eliminated swarms of enemies before you could even get to them. But once again, this is someone who REALLY enjoyed PSO which was also much slower.

@Zeke said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

When you level a class your BP goes up. If both main and sub classes are level 20 then you get the max BP available. There is a reason actually.

This is not how it works, only the level of your main class impacts your stats and thus your BP. The BP gain form your subclass is entirely based on its skillpoint investment which is its own separate thing.

@Lorient I know Fighter and Hunter have Skip Arts but I think that's it, I feel like it's something that should've been baked into all the classes and not require skill points to unlock.

@Yui2387 said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

This game reminds me of the failed 2010 FF14 attempt. Maybe sega should just take 2 more years of development. But I guess we will see one more UQ every month and grind monsters like in Black Desert but without an actual reason for doing so (not that BDO has any real reasons for that other than its the only thing to do). Well, thankfully the Diablo 2 remastered that I got a close beta key for wasn't a disappointment.

Various MMO's exist because players have different tastes. Since this MMO isn't up your alley then that's fine. Don't claim its dead or dying though since PSO is one of Sega's top(if not number 1) money maker around the world.

@Ryoga Incorrect, equip a lower level sub class and you'll visably see your Battle level drop. Level of Main and sub class, weapon, units, and skill points invested in main and sub class skill tree are all a factor of battle points.

@Ryoga said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

@Zeke said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

When you level a class your BP goes up. If both main and sub classes are level 20 then you get the max BP available. There is a reason actually.

This is not how it works, only the level of your main class impacts your stats and thus your BP. The BP gain form your subclass is entirely based on its skillpoint investment which is its own separate thing.

That is how it works. Level 1 sub class techtor with all skill points has lower battle power than a level 15 sub class ranger with all skill points. Everything almost goes into your BP.

Day 3 and people are already complaining about lack of content, lol

I completed the story missions, I reached level 15 with 12xx of battle power and now I have to continue killing enemies to improve my equipment to continue killing them? for what? What do I gain from that? What is the purpose?. no pvp, no collections (no costumes, no accessories, no stuff for personal headquarters). I don't care that the equipment improvement process takes time, but that at least it is significant, I feel like the game came out of the incubator very early.

That it is "fp2" (the store items that many of us buy are more expensive than months of games with a lot of content) should not mean little content or a lack of things to do. I like the game but seeing it in this state is depressing for me and the worst thing is that I imagined it would be that sad

I liked the customization of pj (although the body type 2 the thorax looks like a cardboard toilet paper tube), the combat system, the places, the enemies and for now the story (it was short but with a good ending?), but enter to the game and then give me an existential crisis so fast (the game a couple of days ago, literally) I think it's a bad sign, I don't think new players will last long around here:D

I got an idea if you can't find anything to do. Go looking for cats.