My own personal opinion so far about NGS

@Black Its their way of dealing with bots. Thats why we were locked into the story at the beginning. It slows down the amount that gets through to spam their BS, and in turn takes the pressure off the GM's that have to deal with them.

@Anarchy-Marine that actally makes ssense a little to but still really unfair but i guess i get it

The lag is something we can all agree on when it comes to dampening our experience playing it.

@Yui2387 On the Japanese side for Phantasy Star Online 2, I would say this is about "par for the course" in terms of what you can expect every few months. Unlike the global version of the game that condensed months' worth of updates into a single patch every two weeks, we are now following the Japanese update cycle where you'll get content that you can speedrun within hours releasing every two-to-three months. Now instead of being overwhelmed when new things come around or when old content is immediately made irrelevant every month or two, global players will now be treated to getting a slice or a half-slice of a full pie or crumbs of it that should hopefully form one by the end of the year.

Perhaps for you this might not be enough content for a launch but considering the statistics that Sega released of the global's playerbase on the closed beta and the numerous complaints of there being "too much rushing" in the content, this speed is effectively going to force all global players to adapt to update speeds that the Japanese players have had and have dealt with for years.

Ppl complained that base pso2 suffered thru content drought, NGS compared to pso2 will feel like a desert in comparison. XD

I've been having a lot of fun. I will say I haven't felt this sense of wonder like this since I first made it to the cavern in Myst Online Uru Live (back in like 2003 maybe, was during the initial beta test), the world just feels so magical and alive. There's just such a level of polish in the world, even in the most minute details. Like go to the little channel in the rock between Cryano Cliffs and the Halphana Wetlands and you can actually hear the wind whistling through it. I haven't found any other areas yet that do that too.

I have to say though, and this is just my own opinion, there's a lot of people being overtly negative... Lighten up!

Pretty sure they already have content lined up ready to go as well as a number of new scratches based on datamining. Just a matter of rolling it out slowly.

I was kinda hoping they'd pump out some more NGS scratches since we're behind JP on NGS scratches. Right now there simply isn't enough to bother making the switch to the new body type.

@Zenny said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

Pretty sure they already have content lined up ready to go as well as a number of new scratches based on datamining. Just a matter of rolling it out slowly.

I was kinda hoping they'd pump out some more NGS scratches since we're behind JP on NGS scratches. Right now there simply isn't enough to bother making the switch to the new body type.

They seem very sure they'll be able to get new content out every 2 months or so. Based on the roadmap that seems to be their goal.

@Charus said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

NGS combat just feels extremely slow-paced and clunky to me

Depending on the weapon type in question there are obviously differences but pretty much this, if you compare the gameplay of NGS rifle to its closest base PSO2 counterpart then it's nothing but a downgrade. It's slow, the related active skills are unreliable in their application and similar things can be said about Launcher which is even more sluggish than how it was in base PSO2 (with the exception of "Prominence Assail").

@Zeke said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

Have you hit level 20 on a main and sub class?

There is no point in leveling your subclass as you don't get any stats from it and skill points are universally acquired from Cocoons / Towers.

@Zeke People will quit and never come back because they finished it. The idea of an MMO is to have too much content to actually finish for anyone other than for hardcore players and then release new content to keep people interested.

Game is "same old, same old" but with a pretty cover. I don't see why people are saying that this is a different game when in reality it's PSO2+GShade. NGS needs to fix their video settings because it's busted at the moment.

@Star-Platinum said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

@Zeke It's an mmo. It's meant to have longer longevity than rpgs. As it is, it doesn't even have the content to be on par with a generic rpg, let alone a mmo.

Being a revolving door where new players constantly quit because there's nothing to do isn't what devs want in an mmo. You want people to keep playing to get them to want to swipe. Unless ms gives them so much money, that sega stopped caring about the playerbase.

Have you hit level 20 on a main and sub class?

Did you try other classes and getting them to 20?

Do you have maxed out rarity 4 star NGS weapons?

How about maxed out rarity 4 star units?

Are those also augmented?

Did you find all 113 red boxes?

Have you done all the towers and cocoons?

Have you noticed there is a collectable sheet for each area? Did you get those yet?

I don't know why people are claiming it doesn't have much to do when I'm seeing plenty. Just because you don't like what they're offering doesn't make it obsolete in terms of content.

-clap emote-

Have you hit level 20 on a main and sub class? Did you try other classes and getting them to 20? Do you have maxed out rarity 4 star NGS weapons? How about maxed out rarity 4 star units? Are those also augmented? Did you find all 113 red boxes? Have you done all the towers and cocoons? Have you noticed there is a collectable sheet for each area? Did you get those yet? I don't know why people are claiming it doesn't have much to do when I'm seeing plenty. Just because you don't like what they're offering doesn't make it obsolete in terms of content.

If you think this is content, then you really need to go back to dev school. #sorrynotsorry

My only complaints with the game (server issues aside) are really just related to monatization.

I don't particularly like that we don't have good ways for F2P players to get N- salon and color passes. I don't like that F2P players can't sell things on the market either. ATM it feels like they're pushing spending money on the game if you even slightly want to care about fashion at all.

I spend money on premuim. Had it for a year. Will continue to have it because I love the franchise. But it really does annoy me that I don't have free ways to adjust simple things such as colors and physique related things. Maybe they might release them later on. But I still have to criticize it for not launching as being F2P friendly.

@Nyxerys said in My own personal opinion so far about NGS:

Have you hit level 20 on a main and sub class? Did you try other classes and getting them to 20? Do you have maxed out rarity 4 star NGS weapons? How about maxed out rarity 4 star units? Are those also augmented? Did you find all 113 red boxes? Have you done all the towers and cocoons? Have you noticed there is a collectable sheet for each area? Did you get those yet? I don't know why people are claiming it doesn't have much to do when I'm seeing plenty. Just because you don't like what they're offering doesn't make it obsolete in terms of content.

If you think this is content, then you really need to go back to dev school. #sorrynotsorry

Yeah no kidding. This "content" is embarrassing. After slogging through the tutorial, all that's left is uber-basic grinding and.. collecting boxes?

The new world is nice and all, but there is a shocking lack of content. After a week or two even the casual players will be left with nothing to do except sit around and wait for UQs? There isn't even any fashion or anything? I'm really confused.