This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed

@samsaralotus said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

@Eguzky-0 its the servers or net code. server will take long time to upgrad and net code you can fix

For the lag, sure. But can the servers be responsible for the juttering? It feels like a graphics thing; it's stuttering and juttering, not lagging.

But it can't be my PC, so I guess it either has to be the engine or the servers?

...Does this mean I can go back to high settings? Since I can't fix it/it's not my fault on my end?

@Chris-8 well they did nothing what so ever for 5h lol

In combat zone the lag is still here 5 / 10 secs lags in resol forest, in central city same thing when i tried to affix my stuff... My friends have the same problem...

@Eguzky-0 its the lag. why there a lag is what we dont know.

I had major freezing and stuttering issues with the Microsoft store version of the game because (apparently) it constantly checks with Microsoft servers every action that might need something social (switching areas, levelling up, party members doing literally anything) and locks up a little while.

The only way I managed to get around this was to use a different version of the game. I'm not sure this is what you're experiencing exactly but the client stuttering does sound similar.

Latency does not cause graphical issues like what the TC is describing - it never has, and it never will, that's not how latency works. Latency will cause your character to run in place, enemies to look like they're frozen in place before immediatly moving, damage numbers to pop up suddenly and in large bursts, etc.

What Latency will not do, however, is drop your frames, cause your graphical fidelity to be lowered, or cause graphical stuttering. That is entirely on the hardware side of things, and is entirely dependent on how your graphics card is communicating with the game it's self, and has nothing to do with how your internet is connecting to the game's servers.

@Eguzky-0

So, the GTX 1070 is a very old, dated card at this point. While it can still run games decently well on lower settings, it's going to struggle significantly if you're running games at higher settings, and especially if they're above 1080p. If you're experiencing a bunch of frame drops, graphical stuttering, and texture pop in / rendering issues, than I hate to say it, but it is most definitely an issue with your card just not being beefy enough to run the game on the settings you're trying to demand out of it.

By comparison, I'm running a GTX 1660ti, and I can run the game at High with no drops in frames, even during high combat scenarios, or in the middle of town with a boat load of characters running around. I"m still having a lot of latency-based lag like everyone else, but my frame rate isn't dropping.

Honestly, the best option right now is to just try to get a better graphics card (easier said than done at the moment, I know), or as a bandaid fix, make sure you're running the game at 1080p if you're not already, and turning down VRAM hogs like Shadows, Reflections, and Draw Distance. If you're still getting poor performance, though, than it's probably just going to be better to upgrade your video card at this point.

@Chiibles the problem of is on all platforms

@Chiibles the problem of is on all platforms

Perhaps, I interpreted the issue as being a client freeze rather than the server having issues which lines up with my exact experience until I ditched the Microsoft store version earlier today. Didn't fix the server lag but at least my game stopped freezing and stuttering.

@Blade-Syphon said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

Latency does not cause graphical issues like what the TC is describing - it never has, and it never will, that's not how latency works. Latency will cause your character to run in place, enemies to look like they're frozen in place before immediatly moving, damage numbers to pop up suddenly and in large bursts, etc.

What Latency will not do, however, is drop your frames, cause your graphical fidelity to be lowered, or cause graphical stuttering. That is entirely on the hardware side of things, and is entirely dependent on how your graphics card is communicating with the game it's self, and has nothing to do with how your internet is connecting to the game's servers.

@Eguzky-0

So, the GTX 1070 is a very old, dated card at this point. While it can still run games decently well on lower settings, it's going to struggle significantly if you're running games at higher settings, and especially if they're above 1080p. If you're experiencing a bunch of frame drops, graphical stuttering, and texture pop in / rendering issues, than I hate to say it, but it is most definitely an issue with your card just not being beefy enough to run the game on the settings you're trying to demand out of it.

By comparison, I'm running a GTX 1660ti, and I can run the game at High with no drops in frames, even during high combat scenarios, or in the middle of town with a boat load of characters running around. I"m still having a lot of latency-based lag like everyone else, but my frame rate isn't dropping.

Honestly, the best option right now is to just try to get a better graphics card (easier said than done at the moment, I know), or as a bandaid fix, make sure you're running the game at 1080p if you're not already, and turning down VRAM hogs like Shadows, Reflections, and Draw Distance. If you're still getting poor performance, though, than it's probably just going to be better to upgrade your video card at this point.

Heh. This PC was a gift from a very good friend, back before COVID and a bout of homelessness, so that I could twitch stream newer RPGs and the like. Given I'm only a sub-par streamer (I just don't have the humorous stream-of-consciousness that most do); I don't think I'll ever be able to upgrade it. 😆

The servers seem incapable of handling this volume of players. It really does seem like Microsoft and Sega underestimated how many people wanted to play NGS.

If the lag doesn’t go away soon I’m afraid the rankings will fall as first impressions are important, already came down from 60k to 40k in steam population.

30353EB7-61C6-4A8B-8DB4-EE121AE0345B.png

@MarshalTobias32 said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

If the lag doesn’t go away soon I’m afraid the rankings will fall as first impressions are important, already came down from 60k to 40k in steam population.

30353EB7-61C6-4A8B-8DB4-EE121AE0345B.png

To be fair player count always goes down after the first day. It's a question how many will stay after a month or two.

The game certainly needed more time to be polished, but only like a month (maybe). The game has potential but potential means jack shit if it's never able to get there.

@Zeke said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

The servers seem incapable of handling this volume of players.

This indeed seems to be the issue, I logged in right after the emergency maintenance any didn't experience any issues whatsoever. I tried porting to a random ryuker device and the load time was about one second, no lags, nothing. But as time went on and more people started to log-in the previous issues began to reappear: constant lags, load times when teleporting of more than 20 sec. (if it finishes loading at all).

After today's maintenance I can see they finally addressed the lag/dmg delay issue, because yesterday I was having this issue only in crowded areas, with lots os players around me, now I'm lagged all the fricking time. Thanks team!