This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed

Hopefully there'll be an emergency maintenance tomorrow or later today. Also it's not worth playing with all the lag right now right?

@NotWhoUThink It's the weekend in Japan! I think were going to have to deal with this the entire weekend!!

And my premium is running while this game is unplayable!

@samsaralotus said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

and for 30-40 min it was so good, then it starting to lag as bad -_- god dam it

yeah, because the servers were "empty" for that time, then more and more logged in and we went back to what we had 😕

@makabrax said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

yeah, because the servers were "empty" for that time, then more and more logged in and we went back to what we had 😕

I mean you make it sound like it's bad that a lot of people want to play this game, lol. Maybe sega just REALLY underestimated who want to play this. (but this should have been expected due to how the original pso started)

I would try the steam version but I think I screwed myself out of transferring my account.

I also don't know if said transfer (if I can still do it) would give me my characters and unlocked cosmetics.

@makabrax yep. its the shit MS servers or a bad net code from sega or the 2 of them.

@Astral-Lettie for an mmo/moba/online game in 2021 its not even big number of pope. its 100k-150k on all platforms. its 1 big server in ff14

all server are at NORMAL and lag as hell. so its not the number of people , it how bad the servers are when at half capacity they cant preform.

Amazing. We are literally back where we started. Once again: ship 3 has around 30% capacity on most blocks and still the game tends to lag for several seconds. It is arguably worse when blocks are full, but the amount of players isnt the reason it lags, or at least just a small part of the issue. The netcode is similar to pso2 undoubtedly trash, but if JP experiences no lag, then the reason has to lie in the server version of global and the azure servers. Thank god 5 hours of maintenance at the prime time in EU accomplished nothing but the feeling that sega is incompetent and the game is doomed. They are lucky there are companies like Bethesada which had an even worse mmo launch with fallout 76, but aside from that i can't think of a single mmo/addon launch in the past 15 years that i participated in that was this laughable. It also doesn't help that i finished the whole game even though I only had time to play on day 2 of the release.

@NotWhoUThink said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

Hopefully there'll be an emergency maintenance tomorrow or later today. Also it's not worth playing with all the lag right now right?

unlikely. Most game companies don't do them over weekends so employees get downtime after stressful launch. Monday would likely be earliest.

@Yui2387 for the most parts yes but the net code can be made for japan. it means it need to work in a small area of japan,not global.

Yup. Saying whatever everyone else is saying. The LAG is just too much right now. I can still play and deal with it... Kind of. I'm a huge fan of the PSO series so I play through the struggle. My GF, who has no investment in the series that's just trying it out, she has just straight up quit the game. Just to get some opposite prospectives.

@Aperture-Mage ye most people that dont love pso will not stay for this shit

@Astral-Lettie said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

@makabrax said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

I mean you make it sound like it's bad that a lot of people want to play this game, lol. Maybe sega just REALLY underestimated who want to play this. (but this should have been expected due to how the original pso started)

read it again then... they didn't do much beside "did you try turning it off and on again?", so it was fine for short period of time before people started logging back in

one thing they surely did was moving the cut-off points for the "normal/crowded/full" 🤣

Not sure what's going on here.. I reckon most of you have one of those future proofed PCs. My laptop is approaching 5 yrs of service and yet I get no lag, no stuttering and running on high settings. About the only thing I turned off is shadows because always were a prime culprit in earlier games I've played.