This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed

Game runs at 4k 60fps on my machine at all ultra settings with a few extra settings higher which aren't on by default. The lag is unavoidable. Japan servers are not lagging at all, the problem is once again the Microsoft Azure servers.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

Game runs at 4k 60fps on my machine at all ultra settings with a few extra settings higher which aren't on by default. The lag is unavoidable. Japan servers are not lagging at all, the problem is once again the Microsoft Azure servers.

How are you not getting stutter? Why am I getting stutter?

Maybe I should just turn off all the extra crap...

@Eguzky-0 said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

I have a mid tier machine. 3060 and 5600 ryzen but only 16gb ram but it's good and matches my x570 motherboard

This is what I'd expect from a content regurgitation version of a game.

@Eguzky-0 said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

because as he stated is playing on the JP one, the shitty lag and stutters happen regardless of your hardware (well, if it's at least half decent), and connection (same story)

i wish they would at least address the issue not being like "haha, cash from AC goes brrrr"

imagine how it'll be during weekend, guess i'll play something else for now...

I mean, JP having no lag could possibly be because their servers only have players from JP where Global has players from the rest of the world. Kinda a big difference there...

JP server doesnt lag because they got a blue hedgehog in a wheel powering it, meanwhile we got a lasagna cat.

Sorry all Azure processing power is being used by peaceful rainbow colored and fist icon attack drones in the midwest

@Lorient said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

I mean, JP having no lag could possibly be because their servers only have players from JP where Global has players from the rest of the world. Kinda a big difference there...

that's not really an excuse, MS knew how many accounts for PSO they had, and could estimate how many more will try the game during launch, in a sensible world you could overestimate the needed operation power, and not be picky and "HUrR, lImItEd ReSoUrCeS, pUt ReSt On FiLeCoIn AnD cHiA, pLaYeRs WiLl StIcK bEcAuSe OnLy AnImU gAmE AnYwAy"

fun fact, we had "stress test" during beta, and i don't remember any lags, especially compared to this

also one thing to add, when i played yday in the morning EU time, stuff was still laggy, regardless of the world congestion saying "normal"

@NotTriEdge no no sega is in japan where the servers are i do not know and cant find it as well. but i bet its in some shity place that far from any one. what more after talking to some people it looks to be a net code problem as well.

@Lorient i do think (and know) that most Japanese company's dont care for global markets. as for the lots of people if we are to be generous there 100k-150k players on PC/XBOX. for an mmo its not that much. not even for an mmo in 2000-2010. there 2 problems i see. sega got 0 involvement in the global servers and MS did it. we know how shifty MS things get to be. then there the net code that when sega worked on did not think of the global players. they make it to work in a relatively small place. its a known fact that Japanese devas do not know how to do a good net code sadly. so hops there a way to fix it and that the fix wont be 50%+ of the players leave the game

@samsaralotus said in This Stuttering & Lag Needs To Be Addressed:

@Lorient i do think (and know) that most Japanese company's dont care for global markets. as for the lots of people if we are to be generous there 100k-150k players on PC/XBOX. for an mmo its not that much. not even for an mmo in 2000-2010. there 2 problems i see. sega got 0 involvement in the global servers and MS did it. we know how shifty MS things get to be. then there the net code that when sega worked on did not think of the global players. they make it to work in a relatively small place. its a known fact that Japanese devas do not know how to do a good net code sadly. so hops there a way to fix it and that the fix wont be 50%+ of the players leave the game

First time seeing the powerful performance of Microsoft Azure hosting? This is just how it is, Azure has huuuuge sluggishness issues. I can't believe they're using it for games to be honest, it can't even properly use it's own Active Directory for it's own cloud hosted Office365 mailbox without lagging lol

its a known fact that Japanese devas do not know how to do a good net code sadly. so hops there a way to fix it and that the fix wont be 50%+ of the players leave the game

what, like FFXIV?

@Herald-of-Zenchi it is bad and its in the worst palace for global it van be in. but this mean there is no fix?

@Herald-of-Zenchi it is bad and its in the worst palace for global it van be in. but this mean there is no fix?

God knows