Is the lag any better today?

Last night I’d do damage and it would pop up anywhere from 1-25 seconds later. Lot of stopping and starting. And this is on Series X so I’ll assume it’s a server issue.

The game seems to be smoother (it's still early and the ships aren't all full, I'm on 3). On a somewhat related note, my load tunnels are taking noticeably longer today. Like, a lot longer... enough to browse the forums longer.

Edit- No sooner did I post that but I just had some of the worst lag that I've seen since early yesterday.

Also on Ship 3, good to know that it's not only me with that kind of lag. The game runs smooth on areas with few to no players, but if I'm in a Trial with 7-8+ players things go south really fast.

I'm on a GeForce 920M with 4Gb, 8Gb RAM and an i7, updated drivers and all, don't know why it still lags tho

Lag feels the same today xD Just finished the recent UQ and it was rather chaotic...

@NotTriEdge Because in this particular case, your PC's hardware isn't causing the lag.

An easy way to tell the difference between connection lag and hardware lag is to type something in chat. If nothing pops up in chat immediately then the lag has to do with your connection to the server. Hardware lag is indicated by low FPS and poor performance. If your game runs fine in a field with no one else around, but stutters and runs badly in town with tons of players you're probably looking at hardware lag.

You can kill two birds with one stone by asking "Is anyone lagging?" in chat. If no one else is lagging, then the problem is on your side. If people respond that they are lagging too then the problem is with the server and it's not your fault.

I mean, it works fine, then some random(s) shows up and massive lag begins for everyone in the area who had no problems just seconds ago. Jesus, did they change it to peer to peer or something?

Ship 1 and 2 suffering. Ship 3 and 4 evened out.

Still broken on Ship 1, can't talk for the others. I cba playing the game until it's fixed.

Lag is still happening on ship 1, and logging in now means you have to deal with bots trying to take up server space :^)Screenshot_4.png

How will that even work? They can't trade unless they get farther to the story and you can't even trade to begin with anymore. Player shop is the only way to buy things from other players.

At this point I'm convinced this is to just steal information.

@Zeke said in Is the lag any better today?:

How will that even work? They can't trade unless they get farther to the story and you can't even trade to begin with anymore. Player shop is the only way to buy things from other players.

At this point I'm convinced this is to just steal information.

My alt who hasn't done the story can use personal shops, (I just skipped the tutorial) and thanks to Personal Shop Passes from PSO2 - I don't even need premium to sell items. So I assume that's how.

Bot owners will probably manually do the story on accounts until they have a bot to do the story for them.

I can't even complete this story cuz the lag is so great, mobs are hitting me when I am moving. zzzzzz

Nope. Lag still horrible on ship 02. Worst case I've experienced today was 30 seconds lag followed by 1-3 seconds of normal gameplay and then 30 seconds of lag again periodically.

Played during the morning, still laggy as shit. Bosses are essentially just teleporting punching bags.

I think the last time I saw an MMO this bad with lag was World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor. They even gave everyone a week of free sub time due to how horrendous it was since it lasted a week.

Ff14 a realm reborn was also pretty bad for about a month.