[PSO2 NGS] Type 2 Character Model issue or character setup model issue?

So I got myself Miness Lodia [Se] https://cdn.pso2.com/ngs/cms/editor-editor-ss05-66402.jpg

But, my skirt looks fluffy than tight. pso2NGskirt.png

It should been a converted to NGS Model; when transferring my character to new model. Is this a NGS model bug or a character setup model issue? Does anyone else has examples of this issue?

If it is a user character setup issue? What opinions in the salon could fix the problem?

It's not a bug, the skirt 'fluffy' is because your character, like a lot others outifits, you waist thighs determine it, why skirts like that only look good on lolis.

@Mirielle I'm not sure my waist is very wide? Also, there two NPCs Central's gates that is wearing the same outfits. One is same model as in showcase and the other slight larger woman with a fluffy skirt as well. I was suggest that other setting cause fluffy than just waist settings.

i did a checking and legs too other then waist change how the dross looks, i do have myself the Miness Lodia/3 [Se] so i did try change these setting., in the end this dress only look good on kids/slim builds like the character it was showcased, same as other type of dresses like these.

They purposely make the showcase males and females way skinnier than usual to make the outfit look right, like thinner than lolis even. they basically are anorexic. its kind of bullshit actually. the skirt thing would probably be fixed if they cared but this has been a thing since base pso2, and they don't care to listen to the western fanbase much.

Yeah, the majority of NGS suits are made for stick figures. XD

Found this thread via Google and this confirms I'm not going crazy.

I built a new character for NGS with "healthy" thighs and buttocks, and Miness Lodia [Se] (which I finally got around to purchase) is killing me. It's either never wear skirts, or walk around as a stick figure.

If you look under the skirt in the Salon, you'll find that there's a huge dead space between your character's lower body and the actual skirt, so it's just how the model was built: they float way above the character's actual body.

This video shows my experiments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1_H4g4Nxk

Essentially, deviations from the standard skinny stick figure model will destroy skirts, it seems.

But from the lack of responses, I guess this will never be "fixed". I don't recall it this bad in vanilla PSO2.

In fact, I tested the Miness Lodia [Se] using the default type 2 body configurations. There were 3 base bodies we could choose. And lo and behold, body 1 and 3, which are not stick figures, have the Miness Lodia skirt all fat and floaty. Only body 2 made it look acceptable.

These screenshots below show how rediculous Miness Lodia [Se] look on even the in-game base body 1:

Miness Lodia on Newman Body Type 2 base body 1 front view Miness Lodia on Newman Body Type 2 base body 1side view

I'd really like to know why all that dead space under the skirt. All you have to do is remove that space, i.e. model your layere wears properly, and it (and every piece from future AC scratches) would look aboslutely fantastic on all the bodies players build.

Why? What is that dead space there for?

This is killing off a lot of my motivations. Please can we get an official response on this and confirmation that it would be fix?

I'm not sure this really counts as a bug in the usual sense (the almost 90degree jut-out is still annoying as all hell), as far as I can tell this is caused by questionable modeling due to the outfits being modeled on one placeholder character and not bothering to think; "oh hey, people can edit their character's body shape in this game" and missing something that attaches or clips especially weirdly as a result that becomes immediately apparent on anything bigger/smaller. Happens on just about any game where you can do this, some outfits just scale terribly.

Def annoyed that 2/2 of the gacha outfits I had any interest in so far are like this, though.

Also for the sake of another example, iirc "Women's Knit Duffle Coat [Ou]" was absolutely horrible about this in base PSO2.

Yeah, unfortunatly I noticed this when using simple2 motion idle or the salon idle. This was clearly modeled with the NGS Standard idle, as it is less pronounced with it.

@A-European-Polecat said in [PSO2 NGS] Type 2 Character Model issue or character setup model issue?:

I'm not sure this really counts as a bug in the usual sense (the almost 90degree jut-out is still annoying as all hell), as far as I can tell this is caused by questionable modeling due to the outfits being modeled on one placeholder character and not bothering to think; "oh hey, people can edit their character's body shape in this game" and missing something that attaches or clips especially weirdly as a result that becomes immediately apparent on anything bigger/smaller. Happens on just about any game where you can do this, some outfits just scale terribly.

Def annoyed that 2/2 of the gacha outfits I had any interest in so far are like this, though.

Also for the sake of another example, iirc "Women's Knit Duffle Coat [Ou]" was absolutely horrible about this in base PSO2.

it was a problem in base pso2 with ANYTHING that went over your waist unfortunately, but they dont seem to care.

3264867C-D39D-40E8-9387-EE319D325468.png

Here’s the art for that set. It’s definitely a bad case of every design being for skinny people. XD

@Pariah-Chan sadly even if you copied the proportion of the character in the art it wouldn't look anything like that in game due to the rigging of the skirt.